Sequel: Dear Liz

Dear John

I need you so much closer

I hadn't seen, spoken to, called or texted John for almost two weeks. On the other hand, I had endless missed calls and unread messages from him. He had tried calling me from his friends' cellphones and had even gone to my house, but I refused to see him.

Anyway, this one day Jackie had invited me to her house. I was a bit reluctant to go there –too much memories– but she said we would watch our favorite movies and she would do my hair and paint my nails and a lot of other things to distract me, so I really couldn't say no.

I arrived to her doorstep and rang the doorbell. Seeing as five minutes passed and no one opened I rang again. And again.
I started knocking. And knocking. And knocking.
I tried opening the door and it was locked so I took out my cellphone and I was just about to call Jackie when I sensed someone behind me.

I turned around and there he was, beautiful as always. What was he even doing there?

Oh. Wait.

Jackie

I closed my eyes and sighed. 'Note to self: Kill Jackie later.'

"Hey, Lizzie," he said as he rubbed the back of his head. He looked pretty uncomfortable.

"Hey…John." I started playing with the hem of my shirt. I probably looked pretty uncomfortable too.
My heart was beating quite fast and I wasn't really sure if it was because I was glad or disappointed to see him. Maybe both.

"Listen…I really think we should talk. No. I mean….I really want to talk to you, I want to explain what happened." What was there to explain? I wasn't even sure I wanted to listen. However there was something about him sounding so vulnerable…His usual cool and confident self was gone. Was it because of me?

"Okay."

"Would you like to sit?" Obviously he was referring to the bench. My bench. Our bench?
Again with the uncertainties…I wasn't sure if I wanted to be there with him. I pursed my lips and nodded anyways.

Neither of us said anything on our way there and, for while, we didn't say anything when we sat down either. While he discreetly fidgeted with his hands and licked his lips I looked down at my hands like they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Ashley is a good friend of mine…" he started. I looked at him form the corner of my eye. "But that's it," he bit his lip as he remembered what happened and struggled to find the right words.

"The other night, she had just broken up with her boyfriend and she was really drunk. Piss drunk. I wanted to help her."

"Since all the bedrooms were locked and I didn't want anybody to see her like that I was on my way to take her to the bathroom so she could get herself cleaned up and maybe lay down in the bath tub," he closed his eyes for a moment and I knew the tough part was coming. "She wouldn't stop crying, though, and she started having a panic attack.…I didn't know what to do."

"And, out of nowhere, she kissed me. It was…it was the only way I figured I could calm her down."

I turned to look at him but, especially, I turned to look at his eyes. What I found in those forests was a lost vulnerable boy filled with regret.
And truth; I also saw truth.
Reliving that last part hurt quite a bit. But that feeling was nothing compared to the one I felt when I realized it had been a misunderstanding; like the weight of the World had been lifted from my shoulders. I felt so light I was pretty sure I could almost fly.

"I'm sorry," he said, still biting his lip. He truly was a beautiful, beautiful boy. Not only on the outside, where his gorgeous eyes shone under the sunlight more beautifully than they did under the street light, his thin lips looked even thinner as he bit them and his messy hair was spread all over the place but, also on the inside; despite doing something he did not want to, he did so to help his friend and, here he was next to me, humbly asking for forgiveness because I had been a selfish, foolish bitch that wouldn't listen to his explanation.

"No," he turned to look at me, almost scared "I'm the one that should be sorry…and I am. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you back then. I'm sorry I didn't reply to your messages or answer your calls or talk to you when you went to my house." When I said it out loud it made me sound even more horrible, "It's just…I thought that, well– I'm just really sorry."

Inhale. Exhale.

He stood up and positioned himself in front of me, holding out his right hand for me to take. I looked at him, back at his hand and then back at his eyes before I took it and, as soon as I did, he lifted me up and pulled me towards his body.
That took me by surprise so I let go of his hand and he took the opportunity to cup my face.

We stayed in that position for some time, staring into each other's eyes.

Seconds.

Minutes.

Hours.

Days.

Who knows? I didn't really care if we stayed like that for our whole lifes. I just knew I got lost in the crevices and grooves of his forest green and walnut wood brown orbs.
I only snapped out of that trance when his face started inching closer to mine, kind of like when he pecked my cheek except, this time, it was his mouth brushing against my own.

He waited some prudent time, as if he was giving me a chance to back away (how could I? All I wanted to do was move a millimeter closer to him), until he finally did it.

Thumpthumpthump

He planted the softest, sweetest, most beautiful kiss anyone has ever planted on my lips. It was just a simple kiss, but it was the only thing I needed to make my heart jump so much from happiness, a dreamy sigh escape my lips and a silly grin appear on my face.

When he stepped back I jumped and hugged him tightly and he wrapped his arms around my waist as a laugh made it's way out of his lovely mouth.

"Get a room!" I heard in the distance and saw –when I peeked over John's shoulder– Jackie waving at me from her bedroom window and giving me thumbs up. I jokingly flipped her off as I smiled.

'Note to self: Tell Jackie that's she's the best.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one chapter left!

And, in case you want to know, I already have the layout ready for the sequel. c:

Thank you brittanybank, BraceeFaceeJay and dakingsnake; for commenting and thank you all for reading. <3