Status: Whenever I feel the need to vent, I shall write.

Zeitgeist

Humanity is a Fallacy (Epigraph and Overture)

"What I say today everybody will say tomorrow, though they will not remember who put it into their heads. Indeed they will be right for I never remember who puts things into my head : it is the Zeitgeist." - George Bernard Shaw

We are the world, with each movement we make we set the world on its axis, spinning indefinitely. Our Literature; or what's left of it, our music; or what raucous noise remains, our morals; or what is now but lust and avarice, our people; or what shells of intelligence are left "living" on this earth. We came from the dust, and now are but rust, with metallic heart pumping oil into our veins and pouring smog from our mouths, polluting the minds of others. We stare blindly at a T.V. and listen deafened to a radio, we don't even try to read, and God was found to be just a myth, leaving us with no obligation to couth. I'm being me because he is being him, and he being me being him. We be two and one (yet none), and have decided to become somebody. Somebody, who shall go forth and multiply and make everybody. They shall all be like me, dress like me, sound like me, watch what I watch, play what i play, listen to what I listen, pray to who I pray, and exist how I exist.

Is paradise lost; forever you say? How droll I find your sentiment, for paradise is but a Utopian idea- that is impractical - and thus could never exist in the first place. But how so, if everyone follows the Zeitgeist, then how can there be argument? conflict? excitement? meaning to our boring and tedious lives? Because there are many zeitgeist's inside our world that all counteract each other, but more on that in the future. Now we must not worry about the minor details and the symbols that the artist threw in the background for controversy, but rather the big picture, the whole painting; like viewing the Sistine Chapel all at once, and how overwhelming this task is, especially for me who has to compile this.

The thing is this, we all are the same, because we share a common existence, but we are different; we are individuals. Though many of us enjoy the same things, which is okay, but the people I hold in contempt are those who join an ideology; a zeitgeist, just for the sake of conformity. Conformity is what most of the world has become, most have fallen into a stupor and we must sober them with individuality.

We have become the most enigmatic game of telephone I've ever seen, it's almost schizophrenic in structure now; almost all of us repeat the same thing now, over and over, though with only slight antithesis.
♠ ♠ ♠
A prologue of sorts, but since this is an essay it doesn't really need a prologue, SPOILER ALERT THERE IS NO PLOT, THIS IS AN ESSAY WHICH MEANS IT IS MERELY INTELLECTUAL WRITING RATHER THAN PROSE! THE ONLY CHARACTER IS KNOWLEDGE, WHO NEEDS NO CATHARSIS NOR DENOUEMENT FOR THERE IS NO CLIMAX! DON'T READ IF YOU FIND LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY TO BE BORING!!! (Which is basically most of the people on this site, not saying that's bad, I mean to each his/her own.)