Status: Whenever I feel the need to vent, I shall write.

Zeitgeist

Nobody

" I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.
How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!" -Emily Dickinson

Everybody is somebody, but what if we wish to be nobody? While being nobody we are open to everything; absolutely everything. When we become Somebody, let's say for instance "That Guy", then we have a quota to fulfill, like a character in a famous play, everyone knows what characteristics he is supposed to have, and if he lacks one or the other major traits, then he will be chastised, laughed at, and shunned by all until he regains the image that society wishes for.

Can we not be ourselves, is that not the point of humanity, nay is that not the point of existence? Then what is, living to appease the masses? To be somebody is to have been someone else who has already been, and to be nobody is to be someone who has been something nobody has been; an innovation of the human being! Being? That is, to exist right? To exist; to take up space, to go with the motion of clockwork humans, to be a monotonous cog forever turning the world. And what do clocks do, they never end. Time never ends. Once we start the clock of conformity, we can't stop, we are forever revolving. But what happens when the pendulum stops? Our heart stops. Then we wind up a new zeitgeist and start our heart again.

Time waits for no man though, for if you are behind on the zeitgeist you will be reproached in the highest degree by society. Never to be naive to have a verdant mind able to to serve as a canvas for nature to paint a vibrant mural on, a vast beautiful piece of art! But instead is painted as a piece of abstract art, in which even you yourself don't no what you've become. A chaotic void of calico, schizophrenic, personality crisis! What am I, somebody, but that guy is somebody. I'm not him, or am I? We become each other; we are the world.

Then to stop the confusion, we must become nobody. We must be what no one has ever been, a new breed within ourselves, which I also believe we should give ourselves new names, we didn't chose to be called Jim or Diana or John or Paul or Mary, what if we wanted to be more of a Patrick or a Karen or a Rodrick? But those names are taken as well, why not name ourselves Exit or Frame or Calender, I sure haven't heard people of those names before; nobody is a "Frame". WE should all be Frame's, well at least one of us the first one that calls the name of Frame, then afterwards no one shall be Frame, then only one Exit, and one Calender &c. Of course these are just arbitrary examples and I encourage that there be more creative and inspired names than these.

But then if we become Nobody, then everybody will become Nobody, then we'll be somebody again. The Zeitgeist will become one of Nobodies, and I don't want that either. So now we have an impasse, in which I shall have to ponder long and hard over the answer. Be Nobody, but don't let somebody tell you to be nobody. Make of that what you will. I don't know anymore, I guess I'm just tired of Somebody, and his and her various forms. Can Somebody become Nobody? Can you revert from being assimilated to the masses, to the forests of simplistic individualism.
♠ ♠ ♠
In this part I talk about conformity and individuality.