Status: Current.

Lindsey Ballato vs. the World

All I Wanna Do is Trade This Life for Something New

******
"I had the most glorious dream last night." I sighed happily, beginning to daydream.
Ryan watched me with a bizarre quirk of the brow.
"We all have wet dreams, Hun. Who was it about?"
"First, it was NOT a wet dream. Ew. Second, it was just some guy, he won't get out of my head."
He laughed! "Don't tell me you've already forgotten about your fake High School boyfriend."
My eyes widened. "OH SHIT! I forgot I had to pick him up from school this afternoon!"
I scrambled about the room, grabbing any sort of clothing I could find. By the time I exited the apartment, I assumed I looked like a a hippie, seeing as I could tell I had put on some of Ryan's clothes.
When I finally reached the school, Frank was standing outside the gates, huddled in a tiny sweater.
"Oh, Jesus, Frank, I'm so fucking sorry. I lost track of time!"
Frank nodded and smiled softly, cuddling into my side for warmth.
"It's alright, Lyn. At least you came."
I still felt bad.
*****
As a way to collect forgiveness, I took the poor kid out for ice cream before we went to the record store. Just seeing him grin made me feel a bit better, granted I still felt like a douche.
We made our way to the store, Frank skipping along ahead of me, chattering away about some pointless shit.
As we entered the building, I felt a weird shiver slink across my spine.
It was him.
At the check-out counter stood the man from my dream, handing the cashier some packages. He had a bashful grin on his face, red hair frizzed about. A second later, he thanked the man and skated by me.
His smell washed over in a tidal wave and I was drowning.
Then, he was gone and I sank into darkness.
"Lindsey?" Frank's innocent voice quipped, face distraught.
I brushed him off, standing uneasily. "I'm fine, I'm fine.."
He fluttered around me helplessly, a butterfly in his own right.
Frank wasn't going to guilt trip me this time.
***
Curiously enough, Frank also got on my nerves that afternoon. We were sifting through the CD's when he suddenly picked up one that I wanted to burn out of his hand with acid.
"Is The Clash at Demonhead cool? I heard they were."
Furious blood boiled in my veins, curling like a tight-hot spring in the pit of my stomach. I knocked the CD out of his hand, growling angrily.
"They suck. You heard wrong."
Frank didn't act the same around me the rest of the week.
****
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the lateness and how short it is. I just want to get something out, ya know?