A Shot Across the Bow

Believe me

As the night progressed, people danced and drank, enjoying the party. I laughed as Vic spun me around, dancing in the dirt. I had slipped my shoes off and I relished the feeling of grass and earth beneath my feet. I loved the coolness of dirt between my toes.

"You look so beautiful tonight." Vic commented, pulling me into his chest as a slow song came on, drifting from the speakers. "I love you in my clothes."

I smiled, laying my head on his chest. He sang along to the music and I could feel the rumble of his words underneath me. It was comforting and it was moments like this that made me fall in love with him more. Just moments where I would listen to him sing or speak, feeling his heartbeat under my head. It was soothing and it helped me fall asleep at night.

Of course, there were days where we would get mad at each other. We wouldn't speak for hours, sitting in silence. We were stubborn and we would only talk to each other again when one of our friends pushed us and told us we were being ridiculous. And, then, the make up sex was fantastic, definitely.

Vic was perfect any other time. He was caring and devoted, being there when I needed him most. I could always count on him to be there for me.

For instance, last year, around September, I lost my parents. My aunt, David's mother, informed me and I spent days locked in my room. I wouldn't speak to a single soul. Vic was there for me. He didn't make me speak if I didn't want to and he let me cry to him, telling him all of my good memories that I had.

I wouldn't have survived without him. He made me eat, because I wouldn't get myself up to feed myself. I just laid in bed, crying and sleeping.

"I love you, Victor." I whispered, turing my head to press a kiss to his chest.

"I love you, Harmony."

**

The night went on. Some of the time I wasn't even with Vic. The girls would drag me off and make me dance with them. I enjoyed myself though. I felt invincible, on top of the world. We all just danced like we were young, laughing and singing at the top of our lungs.

And then it all came crashing to where I am now.

"I'm going to go find a bathroom!" I hollered, laughing at my crazy friends. They gave me the go ahead as I wandered off, searching for a place to go.

"Hey, wha're yeh doing by yehself?"

I looked around, "Excuse me?"

He appeared in front of me, causing me to shriek in surprise. "`Ello, love." I could smell the alcohol on his breath, making me cringe. I scrunched up my face in disgust. "Wha'? To high and mighteh for someone like me?"

I shook my head, attempting not to gag. I screamed when he grabbed my throat, slamming me against one of the buses. I struggled against him, searching for a breath. My eyes went everywhere, looking for someone to come and help me.

I whined as his hand went to my pants, getting frustrated with the zipper. I heard it tear and soon they were pooled around my feet. He chuckled, sliding his hand into the fringe of my underwear.

He let go of my throat, but pressed me into the bus, leaving me no way of getting out. But, I could scream. The music wasn't playing anymore, so I screamed as loud as I could, trying to get someone's attention.


"Harmony, you have to come off the bus soon." Miranda cooed, gently. "You need to eat something other than junk."

"He's still out there, Miranda. I can't do it."

**

"You're going to have to get off the bus soon." Vic commented, pulling me close into him. "Please? At least come see us play once?"

I bit my lip, thinking of everything.

"Okay, I'll go."
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit!

so, things are getting kinda crazy. but, don't worry, I have some tricks up my sleeve.