A Shot Across the Bow

You can see me smile

I clung to Vic as we walked to their soundcheck. I didn't want to leave his side for a moment. But, I knew I couldn't act like this forever. I was way to independent to be stuck up my boyfriend's ass all the time. And, sooner or later, Vic would get annoyed.

"When is Mayday Parade's set?" I asked, slipping my hand down his arm to clasp his hand. "Aren't they sharing y'all's stage?"

He smiled, "Yeah, they're on after us. They've already had their soundcheck. Why?"

I bit my lip, an unconcious habit. I never really noticed it until Vic would pull my lip out from my teeth. "I kinda want to watch them. They're one of my favorites."

He nodded, squeezing my hand gently. The rest of the walk was silent, comfortably so. At least, it was quiet until we got to the stage, where the girls spotted me and nearly ripped my arm off, getting me away from Vic.

"I'm so glad you got off that bus! You were getting too pale, and we worked forever on your tan!" Miranda squealed, hugging me tightly. I could feel her belly between us and giggled.

"What Miranda is trying, and failing to say is that we're glad you're out and about. We missed you." Analise said, hugging me also.

I giggled, "You guys see me on the bus all the time."

Kristina piped up, "Yeah! But, we missed wreaking havoc out here with you."

I laughed and the rest of the soundcheck, we talked and I didn't feel the least bit scared. But, I had an uncomfortable feeling that I was being watched. I pushed it to the back of my mind, trying to think of nothing but my man onstage.

"Hey, Harm? You spaced out there. You okay?" JED asked, waving a hand in my face. I looked up at him, my eyes furrowed. "You alright, Harmony?"

I nodded, placing a smile on my face. "Yeah, just being a little spacey."

He nodded and we all turned our attention to the guys onstage. But, I could feel the girls casting worried glances at me. I didn't want the pity stares so, as soon as Bulletproof Heart blared through the speakers, I put on a grin and bounced along to the music.

**
"You excited to watch Mayday?" Vic asked, pulling me into his chest. I nodded eagerly, letting out a squeal when my favorite song started playing. "Woah, girl. No need to bust eardrums."

I giggled, "Sorry, Victor. I love this song."

I'm burned out like a bright light
I wasn't ready for this
Jake:You're adorable as hell, but I'm glancing at your wrist
oh please have faith I can be so cavalier
and when they start to ask questions I'll make sure to be clear


"When you see my friends! Tell them hi for me!" I screamed, pulling away from Vic to bounce along to the music. "I love this song, so much!"

I could hear Vic laughing behind me. I turned and grinned, but it soon dropped when I saw the face behind him. He grinned, maliciously, and waved. I screamed in terror and shut my eyes tightly. The music played on behind me as Vic pulled me close.

"He was there, he was just there." I murmured, tears falling as I pressed tight into his chest. "Vic, why me? Why?"

He whispered soothing things, but I could feel him shaking as he looked around. "Harmony, all I see Danny of Asking Alexandria. Are you sure?"

I looked over his shoulder to see a smirking Danny.

"Are yeh alrigh' there?" His voice sent chills down my spine and I buried my face back into Vic's shoulder.

"Danny, you should probably go."
♠ ♠ ♠
You're going to see more of this. until i decide to be nice.