A Shot Across the Bow

If you let me just stick around

As soon as Mayday was over, Vic took me back to the bus. I was not up for seeing anybody else, especially after seeing the man who nearly raped me. That night, I couldn't see his face, but I saw enough. And that voice. The voice that sent icy chills down my back.

"Vic, I'm sorry." I mumbled, pressing my face into his shoulder. "I know this seems really pathetic."

He stopped in the middle of the venue, turning me to face him. "Don't apologize. Nothing like this has ever happened before. Not since we took you in. You almost got hurt, because I wasn't there with you."

I bit my lip and looked down, trying my damnedest not to cry. I felt his fingers underneath my chin, lifting to meet his eyes. He smiled and I couldn't help but to smile back at him and lean up to kiss his cheek.

I was never like this. I mean, before I met them I had been, but ever since they had taken me in, I had become so strong. I had to. I was dating a man ten years older than me, who was in a nicely famous band. People stalked him, they threatened me, things were always there. It was dangerous dating a man who was on tour most of the time.

I didn't want to be afraid this whole tour. I couldn't stay on the bus the entire summer. It was either get over my fears or go home. And I didn't want to go home. I always went on tour with Vic. It's just the kind of couple we were. We liked being close to one another.

"Hey, if you want, you can just take a nap on the bus, okay?" Vic whispered, breathing in my hair.

I nodded and we made our way to the buses, keeping quiet the rest of the way. I felt so helpless, like a kitten just born. I hated it. I am not a child, but I'm acting like one! This has stop.

**

I dressed comfortably the next morning and twisted my hair into a side braid, preparing myself mentally for actually trying to get my act together. I wasn't going to let myself be scared of everything for the rest of my life. I'm better, stronger than that and it's just not going to happen.

"Well, look at you!" Miranda cat-called, waddling over to where I was. "Gonna get out in the sun today?"

I nodded, smiling at my pregnant friend. "Don't strain yourself, okay? We don't want anything happening to you or the baby. Tony would have a nervous break down."

She laughed, shaking her head at my antics. "I'm fine. But, are you?"

I smiled at her.

"I am perfect."
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!

yeah, it's short and it's late. but i'm ending my senior year soon, so hopefully that'll help a little.

on another note, my boyfriend and I just celebrated one month yesterday (: that's definitely something worth celebrating cause I'm not good at relationships.