Status: working on it

Waking the Neighbours, Unfamiliar Faces

Chapter Two

Gerard Way was a social outcast in every possible incontrovertible form that I can consider plausible to a boy being a social outcast during high school. Gerard Way was that boy who’s present in every year: the boy who can’t do sport, can’t make friends, can’t get the girls (partly because he was as straight as a circle), as well as the fact he was scared of everything. Gerard Way was the guy who when you saw him in the corridor you’d duck your face and hurry just in case he figured he’d try to be friendly: not that he ever did try to be friendly. If you so much as looked at him he’d snap your neck – literally. In Belleville, vampires weren’t uncommon and well Gerard Way was among their horrifying, heartless, homicidal ranks. He was like a polar bear; to an untrained eye he was cute and harmless but when you’re stood two feet away from him and you can see the whites of his eyes and smell the fish in his breath that ghosts along your face – that’s when you know he could kill you with one crude brush of his manicured hand. Gerard Way wasn’t to be messed with.

Now, Gerard had a little brother who was just as parsimonious and pitiless as his older brother, he didn’t care about anyone and didn’t give two cents about anyone but their family. Gerard’s little brother went by the name of Mikey James Way. Mikey was even stranger than his brother who was three years up on him. Mikey was withdrawn, yet he lacked his brother’s creativity so resided with his nose trapped in the musky pages of a comic book, as well as having some strange strange obsessions. Despite being fifteen, Mikey James way was truly infatuated with a certain mythical creature – the unicorn. His room was the opposite of his brother’s. Gerard Way’s room was black with no light entering it yet Mikey’s was painted yellow, covered in band posters and his window ledge sported a growing collection which currently sat at two dozen items of unicorn memorabilia. The pair was strange, but their hearts were in the right places… occasionally.

Gerard Way found himself, on the morning of the 13th of September in 1995, making coffee in his parent’s kitchen for his little brother and himself. The frothing, bubbling, viscous brown liquid was split between two mugs and the elder of the siblings sat sipping his own while staring out of the frosted glass window at the rain pelting down onto the pavement. He liked rain – it felt cool and refreshing and like it was wiping the tile clean and left room for a new start. The dirty rainwater streamed down the side of the road. The reason Gerard was watching the rain so intently for once was that his friend Ray and himself had decided to go to the mall for the day and he was driving, making him nervous about the roads and how slimy they appeared. Not only that, but his mother had laboured him with the ‘responsibility’ of babysitting Mikey for the day. His mother called it a responsibility; Gerard called it a monotonous mission of misinterpreted menace. What if someone saw him? He’d never be able to live it down…

Three sharp knocks. Gerard needed no more warning that Ray had arrived. The sound forced Gerard to leave the captivating window and dredge to the door through shoes and abandoned bags. He swung up the painted yellow door open to reveal his life long friend.

Ray Toro was a force to be reckoned with. He too was a vampire, but he thought of humans as the lowest class of souls. Ray would snap a human’s neck for hurting a puppy never mind hurting a vampire or child. His hair was colossal and grew in the form of a loose afro. It grew outwards nearly half a foot either side, but the longest locks fell to his shoulders. He looked like a brute, but if you finally cracked his shell he was…relatively friendly. Gerard had been around the boy long enough to understand his actions.

Gerard hurried Ray into the house, out of the thunderous rain and into the cosy confines of his home. The vampires found refuge inside the home, waiting for the storm to cease before they could go on the planned trip.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh this took ages :') Comment and i'll update more? <3
Duckie xxx