Status: writing

The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter Fourteen: Broken Bones and Nasty Cuts.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and screamed Audrey’s name. I could still see her face staring at me through the back window.

I dodged lasers and dracs to get to the van. I felt something burning slam into my arm. Then my leg. Then my stomach. I collapsed with a thud. I clutched my hand to my stomach with my good arm. I pulled my hand up to my face and saw that it was covered in blood. I tried to get up again, took two steps and fell again. I saw dracs starting to surround me. I tried to hold my gun up. I blacked out.

When I woke up, I heard the motor of a car running. My eyes flew open and I shot up. I instantly regretted it and clutched my stomach again.

“Fuck!” I yelled.

“Whoah take it easy Python” I heard a familiar voice warn me. I looked around the car and saw Zombie driving. I relaxed when I realized I wasn’t in a BLI car.

“What happened?” I asked. I looked down and saw my shirt and pants had burn marks and were covered in blood.

“You got shot…a lot… You had me scared shitless, I thought you weren’t going to make it” Zombie mumbled.

“And Sparrow?” I asked quietly while looking around the car. No one was there. Zombie shook his head.

“After you went down, Daydream and the others met us and took down all the other dracs, I grabbed you, and then we left.” Zombie explained.

“No… No we have to go back. We have to help her! WE HAVE TO GO BACK” I started screaming.

“Python! We can’t! We tried already they’ll kill her! I already lost my entire team I am not going to lose you too!” he barked. I shrunk in my seat and felt tears fill my eyes. Zombie patted my good leg, trying to
comfort me.

I tried to relax. Then the pain came. My arm, leg, and stomach were on fire. I screamed out in pain.

“Holy shit Python are you ok?!” Zombie boomed. I shook my head. Zombie slammed on the gas. Five minutes later, we were back at the camp. Zombie scooped me up and ran me inside. He ran all the way down the medical room and practically kicked down the door.

“Help! We need help now!” Zombie yelled. A killjoy came up to us, and I blacked out again.

When I woke up, I was in my bed. I sat up and looked around. I was relieved to see R.J. asleep in her bed. I was surprised to see Mark and Zombie passed out against the wall. I pulled the blankets off me and stood up. My entire torso was wrapped in bandages that extended over to my right shoulder. I wobbled a bit then fell down. I looked down at my leg and saw that my right thigh was bandaged too. I saw blood starting to seep through

“Shit…that can’t be good…” I growled as I tried to look around for bandages.

“Python…what are you doing up?” I heard Mark ask sleepily. My head snapped up and I turned to face him.

“Phantom I am so so sorry… I tried to save her I did!” I started. Mark shook his head.

“I know you did… You almost died trying to save her. I’m just glad you’re safe. I couldn’t imagine losing both of you.” Mark said quietly. I started sobbing. I felt my shoulders shaking.

“Well I know someone who’s going to be glad to know your ok” Mark offered. I wiped my eyes and flashed a sad smile.

“Yeah where is she?” I asked.

“Sleeping, like what you should be doing. But you’ll be able to see her tomorrow.” Mark explained. Then I felt another wave of sadness crash into me. Squirt didn’t have a mom anymore. Zombie grumbled something in his sleep. Mark and I looked at him.

“You know he was worried sick about you… he hasn’t left your side once since yesterday…this is the first he’s slept” Mark told me.

“Really?” I asked him. Mark nodded. Crush walked in.
“Hey Python, how you feeling?” she asked.

“A little sore…but otherwise fine.” I answered. Crush smiled.

“Good then that medicine we took works…take it easy, don’t overdo anything” she said. Zombie rolled over on his stomach, stuck his ass in the air, and started snoring. Crush looked down at him and giggled.

“Charming…well I’m going to go check on the others.” Crush said as she headed out the door. She closed it behind her, which woke Zombie up.

“I was not asleep!”Zombie yelled as he sat up. I tried to hide my smirk. He looked around the room.

“Python? What are you doing up?” He asked. I shrugged my good arm.

“Just woke up.” I replied.

“You ok? Do you need anything?” He asked while hopping to his feet.

“Well I can see you’re in good hands, I’m going to go check on Squirt.” Mark said as got up and walked out the door.

“Help me up and pass me that shirt?” I asked while pointing at a pile of clothes where R.J. and I kept everything. Zombie nodded and tossed me a shirt. I threw it on over my bandages. Zombie helped me to my feet. I wobbled a little.

“Whoah there” Zombie chuckled as he caught me. I leaned on him for support. “Where to?” he asked.

“Daydream’s room?” I offered. Zombie nodded and helped me hobble there. When we got there, Zombie knocked on her door for me.

Daydream opened the door. She looked like an entirely different person. Her eyes were sad and tired looking. Her usual long bouncy black and red hair was flat and messy and she was wearing the same thing she wore on the day of the battle.

“You ok Daydream?” I asked. Daydream flashed us a weak smile and nodded.

“Yeah I’m fine! Just a little tired. I’ll be good though” she replied quickly. I nodded and hopped over to sit on a chair.

“Is there any plan to go after Sparrow yet?” I asked. Daydream shook her head.

“Python, I lost a lot of killjoys the other day… more than you know… we can’t risk it…believe me, I want her back here as much as you do, but we already lost so many people…I’m sorry.” Daydream said quietly. I nodded and stumbled out the door.