Status: writing

The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter Sixteen: Hide Your Body from the Scarecrow

We were under attack. But this time, there were more of them and less of us.

“We got to find Freedom.” Zombie said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me behind him. We made it down the stairs from the roof before I stopped him.

“You go get her and meet me back at Mark’s room; I got to go help him protect Squirt. If you don’t make it there I will kill you” I warned him. He smirked, nodded, and gave me a quick peck on the lips before running down the hall. I ran the opposite way towards Mark’s room. The dracs had already made it inside.

I pulled out my gun and shot at them trying to take down as many as I could. I dropped about four of them before making it to the next hall. I ran down two more hallways before making it to my hall. I ran into my room real quick to warn R.J., but she must’ve already been fighting. I ran back up the hall to Mark and Squirt’s room.

“We’re under attack, they’re in the building!” I yelled as soon as I made it in the door. Mark looked up at me wide eyed, grabbed his gun and Squirt, and nodded.

“Let’s go then!” he said heading to the door. I shook my head.

“We’re meeting Zombie and Freedom here. We are not leaving without them.” I explained. He nodded. We sat there waiting for what seemed like hours but was probably only minutes when they finally came.

“They’re making their way to the back, so we have to hurry.” Zombie instructed.

“We are not leaving everybody” I protested.

“We can’t fight with a baby! And I want Freedom as far away from here as possible!” Zombie boomed. Freedom tried to protest, but Zombie silenced her with a look.

“Mark can take both of them up the hill behind the warehouse and hide there until it’s over.” I started while turning to Mark. “I’m fighting.”

“I’m fighting too” Mark argued. I shook my head.

“You’re not the best shot, and you are Squirt’s only parent. You need to stick with her” I instructed. Mark nodded. I turned to Zombie. “You can go with them too”

“No way, you’ll get your ass ghosted in the first five minutes without me. I’m coming too” he said while shaking his head. I nodded and the plan was decided. Five minutes later, we were covering Mark and Freedom as they headed out the back door with Squirt.

Once they were taken care of, we ran back to fight. Daydream was struggling with a group of dracs that had surrounded her, and Night Hawk was trying to help her out with her blade. Zombie and I hopped in to help them.

“Nice to see you guys” Daydream wheezed.

“We had to get Mark and Squirt out of here” I explained.

“Smart move” Night Hawk said with a nod. With Zombie there, those twenty dracs were down within five minutes. I ran ahead to help R.J. and Two-Shot while Zombie helped out Daydream and Night Hawk.

“These little draculoid fucks don’t know when to die!” R.J. growled as she shot at them. There were a lot.

I looked around and saw a couple dozen BLI vans. We were fucked; it’d take a miracle to get out of this one. Lasers were flying everywhere. R.J., Two-Shot, and I were forced to go back to back.

Dust clouds formed around us, causing us to only see the light of a ray gun. R.J., Two-Shot, and I were shooting blindly into the clouds. We were losing. I couldn’t see Zombie anywhere which made me panic.

“I’ll be back in a minute!” I yelled over my shoulder. R.J. and Two-Shot were too busy with the dracs to answer, but them being them, they could handle it.

I ran back over to where I thought I last saw Zombie but I couldn’t tell because of the dust clouds. I tried to listen for him but couldn’t hear anything besides screaming and gunfire. Then someone bumped into me then put their hand on my shoulder.

“Zombie where were you?” I asked, turning around.

I was greeted by a white vampire mask. Before I could even reach for my gun, the drac disarmed me and aimed my own weapon at my head. I clenched my fists, held my breath, and shut my eyes waiting for it to shoot. My heart stopped when I heard the shot go off. But I felt no pain.

I opened my eyes and saw the drac on the ground, dead in front of me. I looked around and saw Crush standing there waving at me.

“Did…did you?” I started.

“Hiya!” Crush greeted waving her arm at me.

“I owe you one” I gasped. Crush shrugged and skipped off shooting more dracs. I grabbed my gun continued searching for Zombie.

I found him near the vans fighting back to back with a killjoy I didn’t recognize from camp. All I could see in the dust, was that he had shaggy black hair.

I yelled Zombie’s name, but he couldn’t hear me. I started running towards him. I finally caught his attention by practically flailing and flopping my limbs in crazy directions.

He smirked when he saw me. Then his face fell and he pulled out his gun and ran towards me. He took aim near my head and fired. I dropped to the ground and covered my head, barley dodging the shot.

“What the fuck?!” I screamed from the ground. I stood up and charged at Zombie. I tried hitting him but he spun me around.

“Oh…” I said quietly. Behind me were two dead dracs.

“Do I get a thank you?” he asked.

“No! You almost shot me!” I grumbled.

“But I didn’t! You ducked!” he reminded me. We would’ve kept arguing, but the killjoy who was helping Zombie stepped in.

“Hey hey hey! If you are finished, we have a battle going on! Let’s go!” He yelled over the gunshots. Zombie and I nodded and followed him.

We shot down every drac we saw and showed no mercy. I stopped to look around, we were losing. Killjoys were dropping like flies left and right.

“We need to pull back. Split up and tell everyone to run. There’s no fighting these guys” the killjoy explained. We nodded and split up to tell as many people as possible.

I ran as fast as I could, telling as many killjoys I could find to run. They all seemed pissed, but agreed to. I saw Daydream struggling with a mob of dracs and ran to help her.

I felt the oh too familiar heat of a ray gun shot hit me in the back of my knee. I collapsed to the ground. I struggled to get up and continued to hobble towards Daydream to try and help her.

Something hard wacked me in the back of the head.

I blacked out.

When I started coming to, my vision was still hazy. I saw a pair of stiletto heels standing in front of me.

“You weren’t supposed to take her! She was not on the list!” the woman shrieked. A drac was cowering behind her.

“I’m s-s-sorry ma’am! One of the newer employees t-t-took her. He thought she was im-important
b-because he saw her with people on the most wanted list!” the drac stuttered. The woman slapped him.

“They are not people! They’re traitors and animals!” she screamed. The drac tried to apologize but she silenced him with a look.
“Well we can let her go…and she’s not that dangerous. Send her to one of the prison camps. I don’t care which… you’re lucky I’m nicer than the other exterminators… if Mr. Korse caught this mistake he might have even exterminated you himself!” she warned. I heard the dracs shuffle his feet nervously.

I tried to adjust myself so I could see her face, but before I could move she snapped her fingers and the drac swooped in with a long needle. I fucking hate needles. I tried scooting away from him but he stepped on my stomach and stuck the needle in my neck.

I started thrashing around and clawed at his face. All I made contact with was plastic. The drac laughed a sadistic laugh.

I blacked out again.

When I started to regain consciousness again, I was on a cold concrete floor. There were bars all around me. I tried sitting up but collapsed.

“Whoa there take it easy!” A strange voice laughed. I sat up and turned around to face the voice. Sitting on a slab of concrete sticking out of the wall was a pail girl with long black hair.

“Who are you?” I asked slowly scooting into a corner.

“The more important question my friend is who are you?”

“Python. Where am i… And who are you?” I repeated raising my voice.

“Relax. I’m not the one you should be scared of” she explained.

“Answer the question.” I said coldly. The girl grinned at me.

“The names V. Stick with me and you’ll be fine”
♠ ♠ ♠
i am so sorry i havent updated in forever! comment if you like it comment if you dont!