Status: writing

The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter Eighteen: Seven Different Shades of Shit

Every day in prison was the same.

Get up. Work out. Eat. Clean the prison. Work out. Clean more. Sleep.

I hated it. I wanted out. I wanted to be with Zombie. And Squirt. And Mark. But we had a plan and it was going to work. It had to.

It was night and I was lying on the floor on a rag that was supposed to be a bed. My eyes were closed but I wasn’t sleeping. It wasn’t impossible to sleep here, I mean if you could block out all of the screaming and sobbing you were golden, but it takes work. For instance, V sleeps like a baby, because she’s been here for over a year. I was just too nervous about tomorrow. We were breaking out.

I sat up and groaned. I had huge bruises on my stomach and the side of my head from where a couple prisoners jumped me yesterday. We all hated the system, but that didn’t mean we liked each other...

I raised my middle finger to the camera in the corner of my cell, laid back down and tried to fall asleep.

I slept for maybe an hour or two. But either way, when I woke up and the sun was starting to rise, and V was in her perch looking out the window.

“Morning sleeping beauty!” she mocked. I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Fuck you. Guards come around yet?” I asked. V shook her head, hopped off the slab of concrete and walked over to the cell door.

“No but they should be putting us to work in a minute… better get up…” She said quietly looking through the bars. I nodded, got up, threw my hair up, and leaned against the wall under the camera.

We heard the guards come down the hallway.

“Hey check this out! Another one killed themselves!” one of them exclaimed. The plan was in action.
‘Show time’ I mouthed to V with a smirk. She tried not to smile, because she was still on camera, but I could see the corner of her mouth twitch. I craned my neck to get a better view and saw Silver
Shock draped over a guard’s shoulders with a rag tied around her neck.

Her hand was inching towards the guard’s ray gun, and then bam! The nabbed it, shot the guard, flipped over him using him for a shield and took out the other. Thank the killjoy gods there were no cameras in the halls or this plan would’ve failed.

I dragged my pathetic excuse for a blanket towards me with my foot, grabbed it, and covered the camera slowly.

Silver Shock ran over towards our cell and let us out and handed us each a gun from the guards.
“That was awesome!” I exclaimed. Silver Shock grinned

“Gymnastics since I was three! I was training for the Olympics when the war broke out” she explained.

The three of us ran down the halls to get Neon Monster and Ghost Lightening, opening other cell doors on our way out.

“RIOT!!!” I screamed. Silver Shock and V joined in, and pretty soon the hall was full of fighting felons.
We made our way to the guy’s cell and ran towards the control tower. We barged in and shot every last drac in there. Ghost and Monster grabbed guns and opened the front gates.

We ran back down the hall to an elevator that led to the main floor. When the elevator dinged open, we immediately had our guns at the ready and shot at any drac that approached us.

Then draculoids and S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W. workers started flooding into the place. They shot at us.

Ghost went down first.

Silver Shock was right next to me when I saw her get shot right in the forehead.

I was hit in the head and blacked out.

I started coming too just as they were approaching my new cell. They opened the door and threw me in. I fell hard on my face on cement. I felt warm blood ooze down my face. The room was smaller and had no lighting except for the doorway. I squinted and looked up at the guards.

“Pity…we’re under direct orders not to kill you” the guard growled before slamming the door shut.

The only light in the cell came from a crack under the door.

I sat in the dark alone. There were no screams from down the hall, no cellmate to comfort me, not even that pathetic rag. I was never getting out. The plan failed. Ghost and Silver Shock died. I didn’t know where the hell V or Monster was. I was never going to see Zombie or Squirt or Mark again.

I started sobbing hysterically.

I sat there for what I assumed were days. They gave me food through a slot under the door once a day, but I didn’t eat it. I didn’t even move from my corner.

On what I guessed was my sixth day in there, I heard gun shots.

V and I had probably started a breakout trend… at least someone was trying.

The door to my cell swung open and a drac was stood there in the doorway.

“…Python?” it asked. I felt my eyes grow wide and I tried inching as far away from the drac as possible. It pulled off its mask.

My eyes grew even wider.

It was Zombie.
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry i havent posted in a while it may be shit, but i came up with it in like an hour... COMMENT IF YOU LIKE IT COMMENT IF YOU DONT