Status: writing

The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter Eight: Killer Life

We’ve been living at the warehouse for about three months now, and life was pretty sweet. Audrey looked like she was about to pop. We were guessing that she was about eight months and a group of us had a little pool going on. I was betting on next week. Audrey was also acting really weird though. Weirder than when she was when she was hiding her pregnancy from us. She’d go for extremely long walks by herself and never tell anyone where she was going.

I was hanging out a lot more with Zombie. We always went on patrol together. But, even though I hung out with him, I still didn’t know that much about him. All I knew was that he ran away with his cousin, Freedom Runner whose twelve, and that his job around the warehouse was basically doing maintenance and teaching the younger kids how to shoot. He was really good at it. Because of him, I can now shoot like a pro.

I was hanging out outside with R.J., adding some more graffiti to the walls, when Zombie strolled out the front door. He was kinda cocky but I kinda liked his overconfidence.

“Hey yo Python! I’m heading out, you want to come?” He asked.

“Yeah sure, R.J. you cool with taking this over?” I asked her nodding towards our painting. R.J. nodded.

“You kidding bitch? Of course I got this! Go shoot some shit!” she laughed. I gave her a quick nod goodbye and ran after Zombie.
“So where to?” I asked him as I hopped into his car.

“Daydream asked me to go out on patrol, she heard on the radio that BLI is setting up another camp near here, and she wants us to check it out.” He explained while driving into the desert. I guess I looked panicked because he started laughing at me. “We’re not going to storm in there, guns blazing, and we’re not going to be undercover, either. We’re just going to find a hill, and spy on them to try and figure out what they’re doing and report back to Daydream. She’ll come up with a plan then.” Zombie continued. I relaxed a little. I mean I’d be fine storming into the camp, guns blazing, shooting every single one of those mother fuckers, but I’d like to have some back up and not just Zombie. If it were only us two, we’d be dead in a millisecond.

“So where is this camp? I asked him.

“Unfortunately, only about twenty-five miles west…” he sighed.

“Shit that’s close….” I whispered. Zombie nodded.

“Yeah I know…so that’s why this is so important. Because if they find out where we are, we’re toast. Daydream and Jetsetter found this place right after the bombings back in 2012. People have been here for years. If they find us, were fucked…” Zombie explained.

“But we have almost a hundred killjoys…we’d be able to beat them in about five minutes-” I started.

“Our numbers don’t matter, they will always have more, they will always come back, and how are we going to be able to house and feed over one hundred kids? This is why we need to see what they’re doing and then we take them out” Zombie interrupted.

“Ok well then how far are we?” I asked. Zombie grinned.

“It’s right up there” He answered as he pointed ahead of him. I smirked as I saw the huge radio antennas. Zombie drove off to the side to avoid being seen by any dracs or S.C.A.R.E.C.R.O.W. workers. When he finally parked the car behind a cliff, Zombie pulled a pair of binoculars out of the dashboard and tossed them to me.

“Follow me” he said with a mischievous grin plastered on his face. I nodded and chased after him. The cliff we had to climb was brutal. I almost slipped and plummeted to the ground like three times…Zombie was like a fucking spider monkey though and had no problem. He had to help carry me up at one point.

“Remind me why I brought you?!” He huffed as he struggled to pull me up to the top of the cliff.

“Because you fucking love me and think I’m the greatest person in the world obviously!” I said in sarcastic tone. Zombie laughed as he pushed me to the top. I smirked and helped pull him up. We had a fake love hate relationship going on. We’d flirt, but it’d never mean anything.

“Ok we’re here…so now what?” I asked while standing up and looking around with my hands on my hips. Zombie tackled me to the ground.

“You dumbass they’ll see you! Keep low!” He half growled half laughed.

“Well then!” I mumbled as I shoved Zombie off of me and raised my binoculars to my face. Immediately, I saw crates full of weapons, food, and medical supplies. I hit Zombie in the shoulder repeatedly to grab his attention.

“What?!” He snarled. I shoved the binoculars at him and pointed.

“WANT!” I exclaimed. Zombie clamped his hand over my mouth.

“Shut up your going to get us killed you dumbass!” He exclaimed. I licked his hand to get him to let go. Kind of childish I know, but it still worked.

“EW! DID YOU JUST LICK MY HAND?! You’re worse than my cousin!” He laughed. I slapped my hand over his mouth.

“Shut up or you’ll get us killed!” I hissed while trying to mimic him. He rolled his eyes and I punched him in the shoulder.

“Ok well I think we have enough information! We know what’s here, and Daydream can form a plan. We just need a few pictures of the place then we can go.” Zombie decided. I nodded in agreement and took a few pictures of the big white building.

Once we were done, we began to climb back down the treacherous cliff. Which once again, ended with Zombie having to carrying me down because I am too uncoordinated and lazy to do so myself.

“Regret bringing me yet?” I asked in a cheerful tone as Zombie plopped me on the ground.

“Not yet. Surprisingly, I had fun” He chuckled.

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” I protested. Zombie put up his arms defensively and grinned. I rolled my eyes and walked to the car. I plopped myself in the passenger seat and Zombie just stood outside of the driver’s seat staring at me.

“What?” I asked. Zombie crossed his arms and looked away.

“I shouldn’t have to tell you how to be a gentle man and open a ladies door for her!” He said in an extremely cheesy feminine voice. I smirked, hopped into the driver’s seat and started the engine.

“Oh no you don’t!” Zombie exclaimed as I started to slowly drive away. Zombie dove into the passenger’s seat and let me drive the whole way home…I never really drove before… I almost hit about three jackrabbits, and five snakes. Zombie told me he was never going to let me drive again, but I knew he would.

I had an easier time parking though when we got home…I mean, I just stopped the car.

“Ok besides almost dying multiple times because of you, that was a pretty good day.” Zombie declared as we headed towards the warehouse.

“Yeah I wasn’t bored to tears either! So kudos my man! Kudos!” I cheered sarcastically. Zombie laughed as he threw his arm around my shoulders.

“Brace yourself Python, because I think I’m falling for you” Zombie announced. I stared at him like he was full of shit.

“Oh yeah?” I scoffed.

“Yeah, and I always get what I want” Zombie warned with a grin. I felt my cheeks turn pink.

“You cocky little bastard I ought to-” I started but was interrupted.

“Python! Python!” a girl with shaggy brown hair screamed.

“What is it Two Shot?” I asked.

“Sparrows in labor”
♠ ♠ ♠
note its late and im tired so this may be shit, but its something i will take any comments or ideas you have please comment if you like it