Status: a brilliant idea i came up with.

Remember a Year

how do you measure a year?

Alissa Harrington sucked in carefully through her nose, typing out the last words of her press release for Mr. Mordecai, who was the CEO of the company Alissa had been working at since she was in high school. She loved it here.

Jeremy, Mr. Mordecai’s gay assistant and one of Alissa’s best friends, came out of his office, obviously bearing bad news. He brushed his long brown hair of his eyes, and bit his lip. “He wants to see you, Alissa.”

Alissa stood, smoothing her skirt as she knocked on the glass door and hearing the gruff, “Come in”, from the ancient man, who had his hair dyed back to black every two weeks and whose eyes were beginning to get that same crinkle around his eyes that her grandfather had. “Sit, Alissa.” She shallowed as she sunk into the leather chair opposite a monstrous desk.

“What is it, sir?” Alissa murmured, knowing full well it was ominous. Only once had Jeremy left Mr. Mordecai’s office with that expression, and last time, Alissa had to take two full weeks off her job to deal. Alissa crossed her ankles, her silver heels digging into the carpet she hated so much. Mr. Mordecai put his glasses down.

“Now, Alissa, you know you’re my favorite person in this whole office-” Alissa beamed quietly, hiding it behind her fear. “-and it’s been a year since Dean-” Her throat tightened, focusing on his nameplate. “So, we at Homesick Records want to offer you a proposition. Given, it’s a big jump, but we think you’re ready.”

Alissa held her breath as Mr. Mordecai grabbed a folder and handed it to her, but spoke before he could. “Sir, I don-” She was interrupted by a large black phone on his desk ringing, and his gruff responses. He was a big and intimidating man, but Alissa knew he was a big softie, and loved her like he loved his late daughter, Mary.

“We want to send you to England for a year, exactly 365 days, to work out the kinks in our Surrey office with the techs. We think, not only are you ready for such a promotion but, uh,” He cleared his throat, and Alissa knew what was coming. “In light of events earlier this year, we think you need a change and-”

“I’ll take it.” The words left her mouth without her consent, but she knew she needed it, a change of scenery, a change of everything. Things were getting emptier and emptier with each milestone she crossed over, with each breath she took, something else seemed to disappear inside her. Mr. Mordecai raised his brows.

“Well, you leave in three days. Can you be ready?” She nodded. She had her things packed for weeks, wondering if that was going to make things easier for her when she finally moved out of their apartment. “Read the file, and get back to me.”

She was finally getting out.
♠ ♠ ♠
finally starting this... thoughts on Alissa? on Mr. Mordecai? on her new trip to England? and overall, are you guys excited?

and now for some harmless promoting. if you're a Criminal Minds fan, [things promised.]. If you're into Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory, [young and reckless].

xoxo.