Status: a brilliant idea i came up with.

Remember a Year

in guitar riffs.

Max Helyer put his guitar down in frustration, trying so hard to finish a song he had spent a year on. It wasn’t anything for the band - though they were taking a year off to record a new album in Surrey - he had spent so much time on this song.

His bandmate and lead singer, Josh, entered the room where he sat in their small flat, smiling like a boy who just got candy from the candy store. His accent was far thicker than Max’s as he spoke. “Guess what, Maximus?” Josh said, practically jumping with excitement.

Their kitchen consisted of a corner of cabinets and appliances, and a huge table in the other corner, perfect for song writing and parties. Of course, it was used primarily for the first, since their flat was tiny.

“What, Joshua?” Max asked, studying the sheet music in front of him, pencil sticking in one hand as he picked his guitar back up, playing a few more combinations of chords and scribbling, his head pounding from all the thoughts. Josh stuck one bare foot out to the side, cocking his hip.

“We can start recording in two days, according to Mordecai,” Josh said, and Max was instantly relieved. Mordecai was CEO of their American based label, and he had held back on recording until he said so, saying it would be worth it in the end. “He said we just have to wait for the new tech to land and get her to the office,” Josh said, and he knew the rest of the band was probably waking up from their naps to this news, but since Josh and Max lived together, Max always knew first.

“Tech? For what? The Surrey office has more people than New York’s,” Max murmured, though not really invested in the conversation. Josh rolled his eyes and plopped across from him and grabbed his face.

“You missed the best part, Max! Listen to me!” Josh said, and Max looked up, suddenly lost in the guitar riffs and melodies he kept messing with. “The tech? It’s a she. A her. A man with boobs and a vagina!” Josh yelled, and Max’s brows raised, grabbing his laptop next to him. He opened FaceBook, and looked at Josh expectantly.

“Name?” He murmured, and knew how weird this would be if Max, of all people, somehow got with this girl, but didn’t care. He had to know how nice he had to look tomorrow when they went to pick her up. After all, he needed some action. Josh told him her name, and he marveled at how pretty her name sounded.

Pictures of a girl with brown hair down her chest, a red cup in ring covered fingers and bright blue eyes that sparkled through the flash, smiling into the arms of, wouldn’t you guess it, Mr. Mordecai, at what appeared to be the company’s holiday party.

“Damn,” The two whistled, and Max was suddenly determined.
♠ ♠ ♠
so Max & Josh figure out who Alissa is.

sorry for the filler, but things pick up soon.