Status: a brilliant idea i came up with.

Remember a Year

in plane rides.

Alissa rubbed her wrists, sore from being dragged everywhere by a far too excited Jeremy. She had a red eye flight to Surrey, but she wouldn’t be sleeping. She’d be too busy thinking everything through.

It was a good change, and she knew it. But an entire year? She wasn’t sure she could do it.

Alissa sat in her seat, a red bound notebook in her lap and a blue pen in her hand. She had always wanted to be a writer, and here was her chance, though desperate, good enough all the same. Her pen scratched across the paper, until the captain began to prepare them for takeoff, and suddenly, a fear paralyzed her heart and soul, spiking tears to her eyes and all she could think was, would Dean be proud of me?
- - - - -

Alissa landed in Surrey at eight in the morning, her eyes bleary and her skin pale and blotchy. She looked like hell, her hair tied down low on her neck, and yet, she was still stunningly beautiful. At least, in the eyes of You Me At Six and the various other members of the Homesick Records Surrey office.

Max and Josh stood at the forefront, Dan beside them, holding a cardboard sign with “Alissa Harrington” written in messy British man handwriting, courtesy of Josh and Max while trying to wake up this morning. Alissa smiled, recognizing the CEO of the Surrey office, Billy. She smiled. “You’re joking, Billy,” She murmured, kissing his cheek and smiling at the boys stepping forward, Josh, of course, being first.

“I’m Josh,” He said confidently, sticking his hand out. “I sing in You Me At Six.” He began introducing the rest, and Alissa’s smile grew when he introduced Max, purposefully last. He gave a shy smile in her direction, and Alissa, despite her feelings towards dating recently, thought Max was pretty darn cute.

“I’m Alissa, your new tech.” She smiled, and sounded so American compared to all these attractive men, all of whom were absolutely adorable as they smiled up at her like she was a queen and they were just lowly peasants. Max stepped forward, smiling wryly.

“Are you hungry?” Alissa shrugged, as if to say, more or less, a smile reaching her eyes as Max smiled wider. “Let’s take her out to breakfast, can we, Billy?” Alissa smiled, hoping the old man would say yes, allow her to get to know the band she would be working so closely with. Billy smiled at Alissa, loving her more than his own daughters, and nodded.

“Just.. be careful with the lovely lady, boys. She is a girl, and will not enjoy being thrown off a cliff or whatever you boys did last week,” Billy said, handing them the company credit card and watching Alissa get pulled away.
♠ ♠ ♠
lost a lot of inspiration for this story but i'm working on it :*