Status: Active

Taking Chances

Jaden

My eyes scanned the halls of the school slowly, searching for that blonde bastard called Byron. The halls were littered with students, all bustling around as they chatted away in their various cliques, or scuttled around trying to get to their individual lockers. I was a hectic place, but that wasn't abnormal for a school like this one. 

I pushed my way through the crowd as I tried to pinpoint Byron from the mass of bodies, but couldn't find him amongst the teenagers that filled the halls. Damn. I hadn't really expected to see him, anyway. He appeared to be the type won didn't really give a flying fuck about school, and would probably ditch every second day. He reminded me of how I used to be. Maybe that was why I hated him, mainly for hurting Micah, but the fact that he mirrored my old self so perfectly made me angry and hateful.

I used to be cold, and used to ditch school at every chance possible- not that I like school any more since then, but I've cleaned up a bit, actually bothering to walk through the gates. Back when I was a heartless jerk, I used to-sadly-vent my insecurities on the people who were weaker than me. I used to hurt people who I thought were lower than the shit on the sidewalk, the people who i thought were scum under my feet. But then I met Micah, and everything changed. He changed me, for the better, but I only realized the true importance of people and their feelings after I broke him. At that moment, I realized that no one had the right, under any circumstances, to hurt or belittle the weaker. I had Micah, sweet, dear Micah to thank for opening my eyes. And now I was going to, in any way possible, try and make up for all the pain I caused him.

"Damn it... Where's that blonde dick anyway?" I muttered under my breath, and cursed time when the bell rang. I let out a loud 'tsk' and headed off to my locker quickly, gathering my books for my first class, which I didn't have with Micah, unfortunately. But that was fine, since I had every other period with him, probably much to his discomfort. 

The halls cleared, as if God almighty had gotten a broom and wept the halls clean, and I headed to my class, making sure that I didn't make a wrong turn somewhere. I was still at odds with the school, since I had only been there one day, but I was getting there and knew my way around well enough to not get terribly  lost. 

As I walked down the halls to my classroom, I passed a locker that looked... worse for wear, you could say. Well, let's just say someone had really fucked it up. There was soiled toilet paper (maybe used, maybe unused, I couldn't tell) hanging from the hinges, there were crude slogans sprayed in black paint across the door, which hung ajar, not doing a thing to help the books and papers that had been thrown onto the ground and stomped on, which was evident with the foot prints caked all over the text books and folders. The inside of the locker was pretty messed up as well, dripping with sticky liquid, more spray paint, and graffiti adorning the once red locker. I felt sorry for whoever owned that locker. It must suck to...

Oh, shit. I know whose locker that is. Micah's.

My jaw locked and a low, throaty growl escaped my tight lips as I walked over to it, turning the door so I could read what it said properly.

You don't deserve to live, FAG. Do everyone a favor and die already. It's not like anyone will miss you anyway.

It hurt just to read the words sprayed onto the door, and I couldn't comprehend how Micah must have felt when he read it, knowing it was directed strait at him, no ifs or buts. The person who wrote it (and according to the choice of harsh words, I suspect a certain mother fucker called Byron was the cause) knew exactly who it's victim was, but I don't think they knew how much words like that could hurt someone, especially someone as frail and as sensitive as Micah.

Oh, Micah. 

My heart sunk in my chest, as the second bell rang, meaning that I was basically late for class. But honestly, I couldn't care less. The only thing I could think about was Micah and how he was probably suffering by himself right now. But a tiny part of me was pissed beyond comprehension. And when I'm pissed the whole fucking world knows it.

Byron better watch out, because shit is going to go down.

***

First period was over in a flash, mainly because I wasn't exactly concentrating on the class, but thinking of how nice Byron's face would feel being crushed by my fist and how stepping on that pretty face of his would feel. And god, imagining his face contorted in fear was almost as good as Micah's face when he orgasmed in my dirty little dream. Okay, Jaden. This is not the time to be horny and to get a boner. Totally not cool.

I had managed to calm down my... excited body part before I saw Micah in second period, and gave him a small smile when I slipped into the seat next to him. His face was down cast and the color was lost from his soft cheeks, his eyes lost in thought as he frowned and fiddled with the studded cuff he was wearing. Though adorable, the sight of him so distressed pulled at some strings in my heart, and he barely acknowledged me, managing a tiny glance that would have been easily missed if I hadn't been staring at him so intently.

"Micah... Are you okay?" I asked, and immediately felt like the dumb-ass I am. Clearly he was not okay, not after having his locker vandalized by Byron. Ugh. Byron, that mother fucking ass-wipe. Micah didn't answer, but started nibbling on his lower lip as he pulled in his shoulders, as if he was trying to make himself disappear. "Talk to me, sweet heart."

Micah flinched at the pet name, and I sighed. "Sorry, Micah. I... wasn't thinking. I'm an asshole, I know that, but I'm not stupid. Well, not completely, anyway. I can tell something is bothering you and that you are distressed, and I am here practically begging to help you. I wouldn't hesitate to get on my knees right now and kiss your shoes to get you to let me help you." Micah turned to me, a smile playing at his beautiful lips, and his cheeks flushed a rosy pink. 

"Really?" he asked, skeptical, as he cocked his head to the side. "Would you really get on your knees and beg me to tell you?"

"I just said that, didn't I?" I chuckled softly, as to not attract the attention of the teacher, who looked at the two of us with a frown on his paper white face, pushing up his thick-rimmed glasses with his index finger. Micah and I stayed quiet until he continued to talk about pointless things, and then Micah's lips moved again. 

"Do it. Right here, right now, and then I might tell you," Micah whispered, his small smile morphing into a little smirk. I couldn't help but notice that he looked incredibly sexy, smirking tauntingly like that. I would be lying if I said that it didn't turn me on a little bit. Okay, it turned me on a whole lot. Seriously, that boy didn't know how gorgeous he was. He was always adorable, with his delicate features and conservative appearance, but this side of him had an almost dangerous, mysterious and sexy feel to it. Damn, he was incredibly enticing.

"Is that an order?" I asked, and Micah shrugged, tugging at the frayed sleeves of his hoodie as he looked at me again, his eyes burning a trail of heat across my body.

"No. It's a... dare?" he said, his voice going up at the end in a question. "You... Never used to back down on a dare." My mouth popped open slightly in surprised, recalling back four years ago when we used to play our naive game of truth or dare. He still remembered, and it made my heart swell, that ecstatic bubble rising in my stomach. 

"Yeah. And you always chose truth. If I do this, do you promise to tell me the truth?"

"Mhmm. Just like old times," he said softly, his eyes flashing with something unreadable. I smirked a little, and stood up abruptly, my chair banging and scraping loudly in the quiet classroom, skidding across the floor. The teacher opened his mouth to say something while others watched with curious expressions on their faces, as I slowly dropped to my knees, looking Micah in the eye. 

People started muttering things, and I could feel rumors starting to form, but I didn't care. Micah was starting to open up to me, and had actually been somewhat into our conversation, even though it was about him telling what was eating away at him.

I bent down, and planted a kiss on his shoe, much to everyone's surprise. I kept my eyes locked onto Micah's, whose cheeks were a deep scarlet, despite the smile breaking out onto his face. I pulled back and got up, only to bring my lips next to his ear, making him shiver. 

"Now you have to tell me," I said quietly, and he nodded, just before the teacher cracked it at us, sending us both to the principles office to either get spanked or to get a serious lecture. But whatever. 

Nothing mattered but Micah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait, but I finall have Internet! Yay!
So, expect a few more updates in the next week or so, because I havea bit of catching up to do haha :)
Okay, firstly, thank you to my lovely commenters:
two sided heart
NavyWings12
MercurySunrise
alltimepanic!
MissLonely
Adrenaline_Purgatory
Skeleton_kitten1313

You are all the shizz! ;)
And thank you to my 42 amazing subscribers!
I really wouldn't continue writing this story without you guys!
Please comment and/or subscribe- it would mean the world to me.
Till next time!
XD Amber