Status: Active

Taking Chances

Jaden

The principle was a dick, but use Micah's... buttering-up skills, we managed to get off with a warning. The principle clearly didn't want to let me off, but Micah was a perfect, straight A student and role-model that the old geezer decided to back off on the punishment. Honestly, the guy was glaring daggers at me when I walked in, but when he saw Micah, he smiled broadly before yelling at me, wondering what shit I got Micah drawn into. Seriously, why do the old people always blame me for everything? Micah's not the most innocent thing ever... well, not when he's turned on, anyway.

We walked out, both of us chucking out our red warning slips in a bin, as we headed off to our next class, which was physical education. I didn't mind it, since I liked sports, but Micah... Didn't seem pleased to have P.E.. He had never liked sports, and I guess that hasn't changed. Grabbing our sports bags, we walked to the gym's changing rooms, which smelled like sweat, manly stink and mouldy... something. We weren't assigned lockers, so it was basically first come, first served, so Micah and I grabbed two that were next to each other, shoving our bags inside as we grabbed our sports uniform, which wasn't anything special, just a white T-shirt and either maroon basketball shorts or full length trackies. Since it wasn't that cold, I grabbed my shorts, as Micah did the same. I pulled me top of, smirking as I felt Micah's gaze boring into my toned chest. I winked at him, and his cheeks were painted a bright red, as he turned away.

"Like what you see, sweetheart?" I teased, poking him in the side as he let out an annoyed huff, crossing his arms over his chest as he pouted. I couldn't help but let out an 'Awh!', which he returned with a glare. I shook my head, still smiling, and leaned down, pressing a quick kiss to his forehead, making him smile. "That's better. You look your best when you're smiling."

"Smooth talker," he muttered, as I got changed, changing my pants before Micah could get a peek. I knew he was still a little uncomfortable with the idea of being with me, but for the most part he was totally ecstatic that I returned his feelings. He really was the cutest. After changing quickly to avoid Micah feeling uncomfortable, he also got changed, ordering me timidly to turn around, which made me burst out laughing. He glared at me again, and I raised my hand in a surrendering pose, turning as he pulled off his clothes. I was tempted, so, so tempted to turn around and catch him practically naked, but decided against it. I was horny, but not that horny. Wait, scratch that. I was fucking getting turned on just imagining Micah getting changed. Stupid raging hormones.

"Finished," Micah said, tugging on the back of my shirt, as more people filled the changing rooms. Since we skipped the rest of our last class, we had arrived at the gym early, which was good, since I didn't want other guys, whether they be straight, bi-sexual or gay, looking at my Micah when he was changing. Damn, I love the way I can call him mine.

Micah pulled on the sleeve of my shirt so we could leave, before the changing rooms really crowded with our class, and we weaves through the masses of boys into the gym. The gym was probably one of the newest buildings in the school, since it had apparently just been renovated since it was practically in shatters a year back. Now it had shiny wooden floors with freshly painted lines for various sports, and was a two-story building with grey walls, lit by bright white lights that hung from the ceiling. The bottom floor was basically a large room, housing numerous courts for different sports, except tennis courts, which were outside next to the grass field. The upper level is the work-out level, equipped with weights, treadmills and everything in between. It was reserved for students who were in sports teams though, so was basically a jock-infested zone.

"Ae you going to join the soccer team, Jaden?" Micah asked, as we sat on the benches pushed to the edges of the gymnasium, and I thought about it for a moment. Being a sports team, one as successful as the soccer team, really boosted up your exam scores, since this school loved students being in extra-curricular activities. I was the captain of my junior school's soccer team, but had been a little out of practice when in France.

"I'm not sure," I replied, Micah frowning. "I'm a little out of practice."

"But you are so good at soccer. And plus, how can you become as good as you were without practicing?" Micah added, smiling, and I ruffled his hair before flicking his forehead playfully. He yelped but giggled, jabbing me in the side. "You should join the soccer team. The team needs someone as good as you, because frankly, all the good players graduated last year and now the team is pretty shit."

"Okay, okay, just for you," I sighed, and Micah nodded, satisfied. I then remembered something. "Are you in the art club? You always loved drawing, right?"

"Yeah... I used to be in it, but quit because of... A few reasons," he said awkwardly, fidgeting. Okay, now I was peeved because someone obviously made him quit. Micah, obviously seeing my knowing expression, patted my shoulder assuringly. "Just your regular homophobe. He graduated already, though, so I'll probably join it again."

Micah really was an amazing artist. Barely anyone knew, since he kept all of his drawings and sketches to himself. Actually, the only people who know that he is a younger and better looking Picasso are Eleanor, his sister and me. But that was probably because he didn't really talk to anyone but us. But his drawings were spectacular. He had the ability to really capture emotions in his work, and his final products never ceased to amaze me. He could really have a career in that area, I swear.

A harsh, shrill whistle sounded, making both Micah and I to jump a little, startled. Micah's hand whipped to his heart, as we walked over to the sports teacher, Mr Faye, joining the rest of our classmates as Mr Faye, or Coach as he told us to address him, ordered us to go outside and run 10 laps of the massive oval. Groans erupted from around the cluster of teens, including a quiet one from Micah. I didn't mind- it was pretty easy, since the soccer practices I used to go through were... intense, to say the least.

I rested my hand on Micah's lower back, starling him as I squeezed him gently, making him flush red. He glanced around, checking to see if anyone saw this tiny display of affection, and let out a relieved breath. My brow furrowed as everyone shuffled out of the door, starting to run, or walk as some lazy shits did. Micah started jogging, and I easily matched my pace with his, asking what he was so worried about. He wasn't having second thoughts, was he?

"I'm not having second thoughts, Jay. It's just... The people around me don't particularly like you. To be honest, they kind of want to disembowel you and smash your head in. They won't... They won't like the fact that I'm giving you a second chance. Hell, they don't even enjoy the fact that you're going to the same school as me. Ellie will make your life hell if and when she finds out, Belle... Well, let's just say that since she is a PMS-ing 15-year-old she can be pretty scary when she's pissed, and Ma will probably never let me see you again. And I really couldn't cope of that were to happen. I'm not asking us to break it off or anything... I just want to take it slow so I don't loose you again."

So he was worried that they would restrict him from seeing me. He was trying to protect me, to protect us. My heart thumped in my chest, not from the running but from the terrified expression on his face from the thought of not being able to see me, and I nodded, agreeing. Even if I couldn't kiss him whenever I wanted. Even if I couldn't hold his hand when we were walking to classes. Even of I couldn't shout to the world that we were together, I was more than willIng to sacrifice a little affection as long as I could stay by his side.

"But, Jay, do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch? In front of them, you'll just be a friend, of course." Micah winked, and I grinned, ruffling his hair in a seemingly friendly manner.

"I would love to. Now I'm just going to have to brace myself to be attacked by them,"I grimaced, causing Micah to giggle.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine, but maybe you'll have to see the nurse afterwards." Micah's words really didn't assure me in the least, but despite that I smiled happily anyway. Micah invited me to eat with him and his friends at lunch. He was confident enough to show that we were friends, so it was only a matter of time until he would be comfortable showing the world that we were much, much more than just friends.

But I was willing to wait. I've waited for four years, so a little longer won't hurt, right?

But I was so wrong. I never would have thought that someone else, especially someone like him, would also fall for Micah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there you go!
I think most of you will know who will end up liking Micah as well- some of you already guessed it from your comments he he
Oh, and do you remember Lisa? That obsessed fan-girl in the first chapter of Micah's?
Well, Im not going to throw her out of the story that easily. I mean, come on, what story is a real story without the bitchy slutty girl? O.O just kidding. But she will be making a reappearance.
And much to my pleasure, this story is officially 6 stars! Thank you so much! It really means a lot to me.
And I am almost, almost up to 50 subscribers. Who wants to be lucky number 50?
I am also typing this up on my iPod, so i apologies for the spelling/grammar mistakes... Auto correct is a meanie :/ and plus, my fingers are kinda to big for the keys, but whatever. I'll edit it when I have time and fix up all those little errors.
Well, that's it for me! Thank you to my lovely subscribers and my beautiful commenters for making this story go on!
Until next time!
xx