Status: Active

Taking Chances

Jaden

5th period had ended, finally, and I was walking to my locker whilst Micah was talking to Ellie about something. Which was obviously me, I'm not going to lie. It was pretty easy to see, since Ellie kept giving me stormy glances as Micah was trying to calm her down. I smirked at Ellie, who gave me a subtle finger, and I shrugged it off, walking down the hall to my locker. After turning the corner, a pair of hands roughly shoved me into an empty class room, hands strangling my upper arm in a death grip, before locking the door behind them.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled, whirling around the so I was facing the guy, who had his arms crosd over with a worried look on his face. My mouth dropped when I saw who it was, but covered my shock with annoyance and hatred. "What the hell do you want? You obviously hate my guts, so why make yourself see my face? I mean, I'm vomiting on the inside right as we speak because of your ugly mug."

Byron scoffed, rolling his eyes before sighing, running his fingers through his hair. He looked flustered and out of it,Ma's if he had something on his mind that kept nagging at him and he couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Don't even think that I want to even talk to you..." he muttered, but then steeled and opened his mouth. He closed it soon enough, though, trying to the of a way to say something, the cogs in his head whirling around. Then he looked at me, his lips parting.

"Micah... I think Micah might be in trouble," Byron whispered, biting his bottom lip in worry. Anger bubbled in my chest, as I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, pushing him roughly against the wall of the class room, making him wince with the contact. Surprisingly, he didn't struggle, but just stared at me, worry gleaming in his eyes.

"In trouble? As far as I know, you're the only thing that's troubling him right now! What did you do to him?!" I growled, and he frowned, turning his head to the side as I let go, glaring at him. Why would he care now, after hurting Micah like that? Why did he suddenly care that Micah was in trouble. And what trouble, besides himself, was he talking about?

"My brother... My brother has taken a liking to him," Byron spat, his face pissed when he mentioned his brother. It was a shock to find out he actually had a brother. He seemed more like the spoiled rotten only child type, with his cocky stuck up attitude. I should know, i was like him and an only child. But there was sonething else that flicked into my mind.To think that there could be another bastard Finn brother trying to hurt my Micah. That made me so unbelievably angry that I was contemplating killing Byron right there and then.

"Why would your brother like Micah?" I asked, curiously, and Byron flushed red, shifting on his feet as he looked away.

"Because... H-He..." he stammered, suddenly seeming much more fragile than he looked when he was hurting Micah.

"Spit it out," I pressed, and he gritted his teeth, turning his head to look at me in in the eye.

"Because I like Micah, okay?!"

My mouth dropped to the floor, along with my stomach.

"I... I was in denial, I guess. I thought I was straight until, well, until I saw him. He made me feel all fucked up, and that made me angry, so I deluded myself into thinking that I hated him. But... But... The way he makes me feel... I like him, and I'm sorry," Byron admitted, starting to tear up. "Every time I hurt him I f-felt so bad. I just didn't know what to do, because I had never thought about a guy like that before. I swore I was straight... But I guess Micah made me think otherwise."

I was at a loss for words. Byron then looked at me again and glared at me.

"You may be his bitch, or whatever, but hate your guts. But Micah... Even though I don't really show it, I really do care for him. You may think that's fucked up, I know, but... I may be bad, but my brother is worse."

I swallowed the string of curses that I wanted so badly to scream at him, but instead clenched my fists and let out a shaky breath.

"How is he worse?" I asked, and Byron's eyes shimmered with hate.

"He knows I like Micah, so that's why he started talking to him. He always does that- when ever I like someone he always steals them away. He's going to try and steal him away from you and once he gets what he wants, he'll break him so no one else can have him. He hurts people mentally, Jaden. He's the opposite of me, in that sense."

"That mother..." I started, but Byron stopped me, giving me a slip of paper with his number on it.

"Like I said, I don't like you at all, but I hate my brother even more, so I'm going to help you this once. My brother, Nick, uses... Dirty tactics to get what he wants, so watch out." With that, Byron left the room, leaving me with my thoughts, and a whole lot of worry for Micah.

***

As I walked out of the school after soccer try outs, which meant Micah had already gone home, I was stopped by a very... Provocative looking chick, who sucked on a lolly pop, twirling her hair around her manicured fingers. She pressed herself up against me, the scent of her disgustingly sour perfume rushing up my nose, making me cringe. She was wearing a barely-there hot pink singlet top and a skirt that rode up her ass, showing the bottom of her thong. It was disgusting, to say the least, and I pushed her away. Even though I was bi-sexual, I usually chose dick over chick.

"Playing hard to get, are we?" the girl cooed, licking her lips. "I like them when they're difficult."

"Um, yeah, whatever, who the fuck are you?"

"Baby, you can call me Lisa," she purred, practically raping me with her boobs, which were probably stuffed with silicone cups, or whatever girls use to make their chests melon-sized. I cringed, and tried to pry her off, and she pouted, licking her lips as she tried to tempt me, but really, it was only turning me off. I mean, hello, limp dick over here. But if Micah was rubbing his delicious body all over me, I think mini-Jaden would be getting really excited.

"Um, cool. I'm Jaden, and Jaden would like you to get the fuck off him, so scram," I said tiredly, pushing her gently to the side, before making a sprint to my red Porsche, practically diving in to escape Lisa, who was awkward running after me in her killer snake-skin heels, a very unattractive scowl on her face. She gave up, staring after my car as I screeched out of the drive, bolting for my house and badly parked in my garage space. I got out, slipping the keys into my jacket pocket, walking in where mum greeted me, shoving a rum ball into my mouth.

I choked a little, but swallowed the awe little treat, and she looked at me, asking whether it was good or needede something changed.

"It's good, but shoving it into my mouth so suddenly was a little weird, mum," I laughed, and she chuckled, hugging me once, before walking back to the kitchen to make more. I licked my lips, tasting the sweet chocolate on my lips, as I walked up to my room, dumping my back on my desk before flopping onto my bed.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket, and dialed Micah (well, who else was I going to call? Byron? Fuck no.) There were three rings, before I heard him answer, his voice all sunshine and rainbows, and I could imagine that beautiful smile adorning his face.

"Hello, sweet heart," I said, sitting up on my bed, my back against the headboard, one arm holding my phone, the other behind my head as he stretched my legs out. "How are you?"

"I'm good, Jay," he laughed, munching on something. "Nick, these are good. Did your mum make them?" My heart stopped beating, as I heard a male voice chuckle, then Micah squealing. The phone made noises suggesting movement, and I stayed silent, my voice caught in my throat.

"Sorry, Jay... Nick! Stop it! Ha, not there! I am not ticklish!" Micah yelled, laughing at the same time. Micah seemed to calm down, and I heard him breathing into the phone.

"Where are you, Micah?" I asked, struggling to mask my anger and hurt. He was with Nick, at his house, which was also Byron's house. Why was he there?

"I'm at a friend's house," he said innocently, as if he really didn't know that Nick was only trying to fuck him and leave him. "We're doing a French project together, so I'll be here a lot. Don't worry, Jay," he then whispered, and I could feel the hint of a smile in his voice, "I'm not cheating on you, I can tell that's what you're thinking." He giggled a little, and I felt my stomach unclench with his soothing words.

"Okay, Micah... But..."

"Shh, Jay. Calm down. Do you want to meet up later, then? I'll be leaving here in about an hour. We could go catch a movie?"

"Like a date?" I grinned, my heart fluttering, completely forgetting the whole fiasco with Nick and that Lisa bitch.

"Yeah, like a date," he replied, both of us murmuring sweet things before hanging up. I laid my head back down, grinning wildly.

Micah wouldn't leave me. He felt exactly the same way I felt about him. He's only with Byron's brother because of a school project. And we're going on a date tonight.

Our first date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, dearie me! Lisa is back, and bitching than ever (seriously, when this story is over, I'll hand her over to you and you can beat her up)
Nicky is, well, a dick, obviously. But he's all sunshine and rainbows in front of Micah...
And Byron is also a dick, but deep down he really is just a boy who is awkwardly falling for Micah :)
I personally love the poor bloke, but I'm guessing many of you probably don't :3 Tell me, like him or hate him? Or are you just indifferent?
Well, that's it, for now! The next chapter will be their date, but it's kinda a filler, so sorry about that :)
The one after will have some more drama in it, so brace yourselves!
Please comment and subscriber!
xx