Status: Active

Taking Chances

Byron

I bit back the curses that threatened to spew out of my mouth when I saw Nick all over Micah- not that they were kissing, but his hands were all over his perfect little body tickling him mercilessly. He had that shit-eating smirk on his face, and that gleam in his eyes that he knew he was going to get what he wanted. I hated that look. I had seen it too many times in my life to feel comfortable with it. He was a sick bastard, who was going to fuck Micah and then leave him.

And it was all my fault.

If I hadn't been giving Nick the signs that I had a thing for Micah then he would have left him alone. I felt like complete shit, knowing that the reason Nick was targeting Micah was all because of me. And I felt even guiltier for hurting Micah during the past few days.

I had been a good four days since school started, and ever since Nick and Micah met, Micah has been coming over after school to do their French project, not that they did much work. They wrote French verbs and shit for ten minutes and then Nick, the mother fucking ass hole, has to go and start playing with him again.

Nick was a good actor, I couldn't deprive him of the skill, and Micah obviously had no clue about his inner intentions, and Jaden and I couldn't tell him, since he trusted Nick so blindly he would have felt hurt and betrayed.

Nick noticed that I was staring, standing stiffly by the door, and he smirked, making anger churn inside my stomach, my teeth biting into my lip, almost drawing blood. My spit felt thick as I turned, clenching my fist as I walked to my room. Nick was plotting something. Usually he would have already gotten in bed with the target, but something was different with Micah. Usually, the girls that I crushed on we're single- I'm not usually the guy who goes after a taken girl... Or guy, in this matter. But Nick knew Micah had Jaden, and that Micah was whipped for the guy, so the only way for him to get Micah was to...

Break them up.

I hissed in a breath, pulling out my phone and calling Jaden, as much as I hated to. I only gave him my number for emergencies, but I guess this could be classed as an emergency. I pressed the green call button, and pressed the device against my ear as as I collapsed onto my wheeled desk chair, pushing myself around the room with my feet. After a few rings, there was a click and Jaden's voice fuzzy through the receiver.

"Byron?" he asked, pissed but curious. I struggled to hide the little scoff that was perched on my tongue, but coughed instead.

"I have an idea of what Nick is trying to do," I said gravely, and Jaden murmured an 'about time'. "Usually the girls he went after we're single, but Micah is with you, and he knows that Micah won't do anything because he loves you. But... That won't matter if you two aren't together anymore." There was a silence, when something in Jaden's mind obviously clicked, because he let out a knowing sigh.

"That chick- Lisa, or whatever. Ever since you told me about Nick, that bitch has been draping herself all over me. I think they're working together, since that is definitely not a coincidence," Jaden told me, and I gasped. "What?"

"Is she blonde and slutty and just generally bitchy looking?" I asked, and Jaden muttered a 'Yeah, she's like, a stripper trying to bang every person with a dick.'

I had seen last night, a blonde chick making out with Nick on our family sofa, clearly getting really into it when she started stripping down, practically giving Nick a naked lap dance, which made me feel like puking. Seeing your brother about to go at it really turns you off everything.

"I've seen that chick hanging around Nick," I said, and Jaden yelled an 'I fucking knew it!' and I told him to shut up and let me continue. "Nick is a people user, Jaden. He's probably getting that chick to tear you away from Micah, and using his body as payment, if you get what I mean." A really disgusting image popped into my head, and I groaned, slamming my palm against my temple. Gross.

"Well, thanks for telling me, I guess. But I still don't like you," he added quickly, making me laugh a little.

"I'm not doing this for you. It's for Micah, don't kid yourself," I said, and it was his turn to scoff, hanging up. I threw my phone on my bed, leaning back in the chair.

I had a feeling in my gut that despite Jaden knowing this, Nick was going to get his way.

*Nikolas' POV*

Micah had left, and I smirked. I had never experimented with a guy before, but I knew why Byron had taken a liking to that guy. He was easy and not that bad looking for a guy, though a little feminine looking, but I guess that just adds to the appeal. Everything was working for me. Micah was opening up to me and was starting to trust me a lot. How naive. Did he really think that someone like me who could get anyone he wanted would go after him?

I pulled out my phone, and called up a friend. Well, more like a fuck-buddy slash business partner, I suppose. Lisa answered after the first ring, and I rolled my eyes. Either she was waiting for me to call, or... she was waiting for me to call. In the past few days we had fucked about five times, since that was the payment for her getting at Jaden, who I found out was Micah's hush-hush boyfriend. Lisa was becoming... A liability. She had developed some sort of connection with me, which was not a good sign, since commitment and feelings meant heart break. I broke hearts every day, but the worst ones are the chicks who don't understand what 'fuck off, I don't like you' means and I could tell that Lisa was one of them.

"Hey, baby," she purred. "Did you need something? I'm free, right now..." She was suggesting sex, obviously, I wasn't one to deny it, since fuck, though she was annoying, she was pretty hot and was a good fuck. Who was I to complain?

"Not now, babe. I have to talk to you about something first," I said, my voice cold, and she sighed.

"What is it? That guy, Jaden, even though he's bi-sexual he doesn't even look at any girls. He only sees Micah, though I don't really blame him." Oh, right. She used to be Micah's fan girl. Typical. When she couldn't get any, she moved onto the next willing participant, AKA me.

"You don't need to go after Jaden any more. Do you still have that picture?" I asked, smirking, and she giggled.

"Of course, I have multiple copies."

"Good. Micah trusts me enough now, I mean, he chooses to hang out at my place than go out with that red-headed friend of his. But anyway, tomorrow at lunchtime, let those photos loose and we'll see who Micah runs to."

"Will I be paid for this?" she asked, her voice lowering seductively.

"I'll be expecting you here in five minute," I replied, hanging up.

I actually felt bad for Micah. I mean, it's not like he's a bad kid. He's just too innocent, and I felt that by breaking his little heart, that he was going to learn a meaningful lesson about trust.

Yeah, I was doing a good thing. Eh, fuck it. Who was I kidding. I'm a bastard and an asshole, but I liked it. And plus, Byron is mine and mine alone, so any body who catches his eye must be destroyed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Brother complex, much? The Finn brothers are both really messed up :/ Byron doesn't know how to act in front of the boy he likes, and Nick jut doesn't know how to express his love for Byron.
Ah, two stupid, stupid boys :3
Well, thanks for readings! I admit, I was a little disappointed in the amounts of comments I got after last chapter, so do wanna make it up to me? Just kidding. I was happy that I got comment becaus even one makes me happy! But the more the merrier, right?
Spread th looooove!
Oh, and I started a new slash story, of you wanna check it out.
My Stupid Little Brother Complex
If you haven't guessed, it's a slash/incest story, so if you're into that please try it! :)
Well, until next time my lovelies,
xx Amber