Status: Active

Taking Chances

Jaden

I gently applied pressure to my suddenly unrestricted leg, as Micah laughed at my seemingly airy expression as I took a step, almost toppling over since it was still awkward without the cast. I had gotten used to it, and I was actually sad to see it chucked away. There were a few good memories in that cast... if you catch my drift.

"Come here, Jay," Micah said, smiling as he ushered me over where he was laying on his bed. It has been a week since we had g iven our hearts and our bodies to each other, but we haven't done it again. We didn't fell like we had to- he was content with just being with me, and who was I to complain? After all the shit from the past few weeks I think as long as he was in my arms I would be okay.

"I'm trying, Micah," I whined, awkwardly stumbling over to his bed. He was steadily getting better, it was obvious. It wasn't just because he was wearing his normal clothes, well, somewhat normal clothes. Instead of his legs being encased in super-tight skinny jeans, he was wearing loose and comfortable grey sweat pants and an Escape the Fate T-shirt. Imagine sleeping in skinny jeans- not a very good wake-up experience, I learned that the hard way. He had filled up a bit too, his cheeks not hollow, his limbs not stick thin either. He had regained some colour, especially in his cheeks. I had always loved the way he blushed whenever I kissed him. And I had been doing that a lot.

"I'm so glad you're better now, Jay," Micah said honestly, as I hoisted myself onto his bed, my fully-healed leg still tingling. I pulled Micah into my arms, and he snuggled his head into my chest as we lay down. He was so warm and smelled so good, even though he had that faint smell of hospital disinfectant lingering on his skin, but that smell was masked by his natural scent. He smelled to good.

"I'm glad you're better now, Micah. God, I was so scared you'd never..." I started, but was cut off when Micah sent me a cool look, kissing my lips once.

"Don't think about all that stuff. It's over now, and I... I don't want to remember that," he finished softly, his eyes downcast, and I kicked myself mentally for making him upset. Stupid Jaden- it was still a touchy subject!

"Sorry, sweet heart," I murmured, nudging his head up gently, kissing his nose, the corner of his lips, and his cheek, making a smile break out onto his face. "I won't mention it ever again. I promise."

"Good," he said, smiling as he god up, hopping out of bed. I pouted, since I couldn't follow after him easily. He had started walking around a few days ago, and even though his legs had gotten a little bit of a rest, he was back to normal, unlike the unsteady, clumsy me who is tripping over nothing but air.

"Micah! Wait, I'm not that fast!" I huffed, as he stuck his tongue out at me, walking back over and grabbing my hand, linking his fingers with mine.

"You came in here to tell me I could leave, right?" he asked, and I nodded, as he helped me shuffle to the door. Okay, one step, two step, left, right, left, right, left, right...

"It's like teaching a toddler how to walk," Micah grinned, and I sent him a mock glare, making him kiss me. "It's so cute."

"Am I only cute?" I asked, offended, as he rolled his eyes. "What about handsome, sexy or fucking amazing?"

"What about immature?" he giggled, and I pouted again as we headed down the hall to the waiting area, where Micah's mother (and hopefully not Maybelle and Eleanor) was waiting for us. His mother was the best- she had visited us every day, since I had us transferred so we were in the same room. She didn't say anything and just smiled when she caught us making out, but when she saw the shirts starting to come off she basically flung herself at us, pulling our shirts back down before giving us the 'stop-right-threre' look. But other than that, she was one-hundred-and-ten percent okay with us.

I wasn't so sure about Eleanor and Maybelle though- Micah's mother had said she's talk to them, but they hadn't visited... which I figured to mean that hated my guts so much they couldn't' even bring themselves to look at my face.

"MICAH!" I heard someone scream, before a dark haired thing smashed into him. Maybelle.

"Woah, Belle," MIcah laughed, hugging her as she bawled her eyes out, and he gave me a 'sorry' look as he rubbed her back, murmuring soothing things as she drowned his shirt with her tears.

"I am so glad you're coming home! It's so lonely!" she said, and Micah raised a brow as his mother chuckled.

"Lonely? That boy has been coming over every single day!" Micah's mum said, shaking her head as Maybelle flushed bright red, shaking her embarrassment away as she turned to me, pointing a black-painted nail at me, but it wasn't as menacing as the last confrontation. She seemed... wary, almost. Resigned, as if she had given up.

"You," she said simply, staring into my eyes. "You hurt Micah, I'm not going to hesitate to kill you with a fucking socket wrench, okay?" She then smile and hugged me, whispering a soft "Please don't hurt him, Jaden. He doesn't deserve something like that." She pulled back and I gave her a small nod, which made her smile softly, running over to Declan, who grinned at us before catching the flying Maybelle that landed in his lap, giggling as she kissed his cheek.

"I think she still wants to kill you," Micah whispered, but I shrugged. He hadn't heard the words she whispered to me, and he clearly had not seen the hidden smile she shot me. That was okay, though. I wasn't going to hurt him again. Never again.

"I think she'll come around," I said, snaking my arm around his waist, the intimate action attraction the attention of some other people waiting in the room, eyes either embarrassed to see us pash, disgusted, or plain interested. Whatever they were thinking, I had always been one to be flamboyant and to put on a show, and let me just tell you, the kiss Micah and I shared put all movie kisses to shame.

***
Micah

"I don't know what to get Declan for his birthday," I sighed, as Jay pulled me close as we walked through the shopping centre, stopping every now and then to eye something that was somewhat gift-like. But of course, nothing was screaming 'buy me! Buy me!' Nothing seemed to fit Declan's personality. I didn't want to buy something expensive that had no meaning. Sure, I'd spend a ton of money, but only for something he'd really like. But did he really want a crystal wind chime? I think not.

"You don't have to buy something now, Micah. His party's not tomorrow," Jay said, and frowned.

"You know I hate cutting things close to the deadlines," I sighed, and he laughed, flicking my forehead.

"You worry too much. Declan's not going to kill you for not being able to get his present three days early."

"Yeah, I know, but..."

"Okay, okay! But don't stress yourself out over it- Doc said to take it easy," Jaden said, worry seeping through his tone, and I shoved him lightly, rolling my eyes.

"I'm already missing school, i think I have some energy and stress to spare," I said, as I pulled Micah into a store. "Come on, I'll stop looking after five more stores."

"That's what you said ten stores ago..." Jaden groaned, and I hopping up onto my toes, kissing him deeply. "But I can take a few more."

"You're the best, Jay," I said honestly, gazing up at the boy I was so deeply in love with. He smiled back down at me, kissing my lips once, hugging me close.

"I'm only the best when you're involved. Only for you, Micah. Only for you."

And when he said things like that I realised how much he loved me as well. And I loved it- I would never get tired of this, and will never let it go for the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm thinking it's almost over... just a few more chapters (maybe three or four?) left!
I don't have anything to say here except for a big thank you so my much-loved commenters and subscribers- you rock my world!
xx