Status: Active

Taking Chances

Micah

Jay hugged me tightly, kissing my cheek in encouragement and I smiled weakly, my eyes peering behind in out the car window at the teens that milled around the school's parking lot, eyes focused on Jay's car. They knew all about my... eating disorder, and by now I didn't doubt the fact that even neighbouring schools knew about me being a comatose state. I thought I was ready to go back to school, I mean, school work and even sports class wouldn't tire me out too badly, but what I wasn't prepared for was the mental and social drama that would no doubt arise from my return to that damned school.

"Sweet heart, I'll be right by your side, okay?" Jay whispered, kissing my lips once, giving my s soothing look as he got out, me following suit, pulling my hood over my head as if the thin fabric would block out the stares that made the skin on the back of my neck prickle. I felt familiar arms wrap around my shoulders, Jay's body heat wrapping me in a cloak of security and protection, and I felt myself lean into his touch as he linked his hand with mine, his thumb rubbing circles on the back it it.

"Isn't that Micah? Wasn't he in a coma?" I heard someone whisper, but I don't think it could be considered a whisper since I bet the other side of the world heard her nasally voice basically scream it out. I heard other grunts of agreement, and then the occasional "Oh, but I heard he was dead." Jeez, don't kill off someone who's not dead! Just because it would be good gossip, don't go telling people someone has started pushing up daisies just because they've been missing in action for a few weeks. Some people needed to learn the art of self-restraint and manners.

"Fucking idiots," Jay sighed, and I laughed a little, nudging his side gently with my elbow.

"It's only natural," I shrugged, completely pushing the comments out of my head. None of them mattered to me anyway- it was only Jay, and frankly, it will only ever be Jay. Well, and Belle, Ma, Declan and Ellie. Actually, I haven't seen Ellie in a while...

"Hey Jay," I said, and he peered down at me, a crease in his brow. He opened his mouth to ask if I was okay, and I rolled my eyes, silencing him with a swift kiss. "Do you think Ellie's here? I haven't seen her for a while..." Jay looked thoughtful for a moment, before his eyes widened, his gaze tearing itself away from me as he pointed down the hall. I followed his GPS finger, and squinted, my eyes focusing on Ellie, her fire-truck red hair noticeable. She was screaming as Belle was dragging her, with the aid of Declan, towards us as Ellie frantically struggled. It hurt a little, I got the feeling she didn't really want to see Jaden or I.

"DECLAN! BELLE! LEMME GO!" she yelled, her arms flailing uselessly against the unstoppable force of the brand new couple, who just rolled their eyes, basically plopping her to the ground by my feet. She hopped up like and athlete, attempting to make a break for it but was stopped by Declan, who grabbed her around the waist, making her whimper in resignation.

"Um... hi?" I asked awkwardly, as Jay just watched, his expression a cross of amusement and confusion. But mostly amusement, because I had to admit, the whole scene was pretty funny, especially when Belle slapped Declan mockingly to 'stop touching other women'.

"Micah..." Ellie started, and then her speed picked up, her trait for rambling and insanely fast talking kicking in. "IamsosorrythatIdidn'tvisityoubutthereissomethingIhavetotellyou!" I just blinked dumbly at her, the incoherent string of words going in one ear and straight out the other.

"You're sorry for what?" I asked, and she frowned, hugging me tightly.

"I am so sorry for... for being a bitch of a friend," she said, tears pricking her eyes, which were slightly hidden under her hot-pink glasses that were much to big for her face. "I had only wanted to protect you from getting your heart broken, but it only caused you more problems! I'm so, so sorry!"

"Okay, okay!" I laughed, hugging her back. "But... I'm not the one you have to apologise you, and you know that, Elle."

She pouted, crossing her arms over defiantly after wiping her eyes with her hands.

"But I don't wanna apologise to him," she said, her lips twitching up into a smile as she turned to Jaden. "But because Micah is telling me to, I will. So I'm sorry, douche bag."

"I accept your apology, bitch-face," Jay replied, and they both stuck their tongues out at each other. I think they were more in common than they wanted to admit, but I know in time they would get over their weird grudges and become friends. Well, that's what I hoped they would do, anyway.

The bell suddenly rang, and I sighed, dragging Jaden into the front office so I could clear some stuff up with the teachers and the faculty. Thank god I was one year ahead, or else I'd have to spend one whole year longer in this hell hole. Thank you brains, thank you so much.

"Ready for school?" Jay asked, and I gave him a 'what-do-you-think' looks which he grinned at, winking. "Don't worry, sweet heart. I'll be right there with you."

***
Jaden

I slipped my arm around Micah's waist, ignoring the odd stares we were getting from everyone. They were all accepting us as a couple, but since we were now publicly together, the girls and guys who had little crushes on Micah had now started seeing me in a new light of hatred, basically glaring at me every time I passed them in the halls. Micah seemed to notice as well, and made it his mission to make sure they got the message that he was mine, and I was his. It was so fucking adorable how he turned them down, saying that he already had someone amazing that he loved.

As we made our way to lunch, we bumped into Byron and Nick, who had been inseparable ever since they made up or whatever. Micah and I weren't blind- there was something fishy with the two, since they were attached by the hips, but we didn't mention it. We got the vibe that it was a touchy subject. And Micah, being the most perfect person he was, invited them to have lunch with us. And they accepted.

So now it was Maybelle, Declan, Ellie, Byron, Nick, Micah and I in our little group, and it was quite the spectacle to see Byron completely dump his cronies, who are now the bottom of the high-school food chain. Byron was the only thing keeping them somewhat liked and popular, since he wasn't without looks or charm, but those two other guys were as ugly as they came. I doubt they'll try to pull anything on Micah and I.

There was also something nagging at my mind that was making me a little stressed. I hid it well though, I mean, if Micah caught wind of what I was thinking he'd probably push me into telling him at the wrong time. I wanted to make it perfect. Micah only deserve perfection after all the shit he's been through.

If you haven't guessed, let me give you a few more clues. A ring and a proposal. Yes, I was going to ask Micah to marry me, but...

I didn't know how.

People made it seem so easy, just ask them "Will you marry me" and then it's all happy sunshine and rainbows from there. But they were all lying. What if he said no? What if he's not ready? What if it makes him scared and he breaks up with me? All of these what ifs kept haunting me over and over. I wanted to ask him to marry me- I already knew I wanted to spend my whole life with this boy, this boy that is on my mind 24/7, even in my dreams. I wanted to marry him and have a family with him...

But I wondered if that was what he wanted.

But I guess tomorrow will give me that answer. Tomorrow I was going to propose to Micah Williams. Wish me luck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost finished with this story!
Only 2 or 3 chapters to go!
Again, I have nothing to say, so COMMENT please! ^_^
xx
p.s. And for those of you observant enough to notice, I did change my username. I am now his.dlirium, so don't get confused now! :3