Status: Active

Taking Chances

Jaden

Micah had caught on to the fact that something was really starting to eat away at me, and the face he made when I was adamant about not telling him almost broke me. But I didn't-couldn't- tell him, not when it was about me wanting to marry him. Instead of blurting out my intentions, I asked him out on a date, and I had everything planned. I had everything under control, everything besides the giddy emotions that played havoc with my head and my nerves. I was like a walking time-bomb, and I was more nervous than I had ever been before in my life.

I lugged the duffel bag full of items down the windy forest path, and let out a cry of relief when I reached the clearing where this very important date was to take place. It was pretty shoddy, just a simple clearing encased by tall trees that shut out the sky, and in the centre of the circular area was a stone gazebo, its pillars wrapped with vines and ivy, the roof of the structure made of glass that was still staying strong after withstanding wind, rain and weather.

"Time to get to work, guys," I said, looking back at the crew I had enlisted to help me make this date perfect. Maybelle cheered, running up into the gazebo, dragging a grinning Declan by the hand, who was holding another duffel bag full of goodies. Ellie growled as she caught up to us, huffing and puffing as if she had just run a marathon.

"That was enough exercise to last me a year," she wheezed, dumping a bag by my feet. "I'll... help once I get over this heart attack, yeah?" I laughed at that, grabbing both my bag and hers, walking up to the gazebo, opening one of the bags. I pulled out a box, which contained the fairy lights I had purchased last night. I had done my research- the gazebo had a power outlet, which is extremely convenient since it would make the date that much better... well, as long as micah says yes I would be happy. But for him, I was going to go all out.

"Where do you want these strung up?" Declan asked, and I pondered over it for a moment before replying.

"Everywhere?" I half-asked, and he shrugged, him and Maybelle starting to string up the lights. I had also bought glow-in-the-dark stars, and waved Eleanor over, who slowly trudged over, stretching her limbs.

"Am I on star-duty?" she asked, and I nodded, handing her one packet as she saluted, grinning, running around the gazebo with her blue tack and stars. I had two packets, so I quickly stuck up all of my stars, finishing at the same time Eleanor and Declan did, all of us gathering in the middle.

"Hopefully when it gets dark it'll look better," Maybelle said, and I nodded, hopiing profusely that it would.

"Okay, now to set up the table," I said, grinning as I extracted a fold-out mini circular table from a bag, looking at it dubiously. "Does anyone know how to unfold this thing?"

"Um... maybe just flip the legs down..." Declan said, as we struggled to get the legs down. After about ten minutes of violent battle with the table, we had it set up and sturdy. I covered it with a white table-cloth, Maybelle and Eleanor folding two napkins all fancily, like they did in restaurants. The both looked hilarious, focusing so deeply that I was afraid that crease in their brows would become permanent.

"Pass me the plates and I'll put 'em on the table," Declan said, and I handed him the table-wear, letting him neatly arrange the plates. I then rested the cutlery neatly on either side, and jammed the candle-holder with two fat white candles in the centre. I then scattered rose petals over the table, and Maybelle and Eleanor placed their creations on top of the plates, making sure they were perfectly straight. I then unfolded the chairs (which were much easier to unfold than that damned table) and looked at our work.

It looked romantic, but it would look even better at night with the lights and the stars. I could only hope Micah thought so too.

"Okay, time to get back to my place to make the food!" I said enthusiastically, and everyone cheered, Belle and Eleanor racing to get to my car. Declan just rolled his eyes, but shot me a reassuring smile. He knew I was uncharacteristically nervous, and I was so grateful to him for being such a good friends. He was honestly one of the best people I have ever met in my life, and I was glad that Maybelle found someone like him.

I followed after the group, giving the decorated gazebo one last look, before smiling to myself softly, praying to the gods that tonight would turn out well.

Micah

I tried nudging the blindfold from my eyes, but Jay just let just chuckled, making a soft 'tsk tsk' noise with his tongue, unclasping his hand from mine to stop my from whipping the shred of fabric off. He yelped as my foot caught onto something, but Jay's hand quickly found mine again, pulling me into his chest, his lips feathery against my fore head.

"If you don't mess with the blind fold, I won't let your hand go," he laughed, and I pouted before feeling his lips on my cheek, his breath flitting across my heated skin.

"But I hate surprises!" I complained, and he sighed, kissing my cheek again, his hand squeezing mine reassuringly.

"This one will be worth it, I promise," he said, but sounded as if he wanted to assure himself of that. I didn't doubt him though- he had been nervous for about a week, but I hadn't said anything.He obviously didn't want me to know about it, but I was going to ask him if he started getting even more hectic and stressed than he already was. I was worried- what if he was going to break up with me? God, I couldn't cope if he broke up with me, but I knew after all of that shit we've been put through he wouldn't even dream of leaving me.Sure, I sounded clingy and needy, but that was exactly it- I needed Jay, as much as I needed air and water.

"Are we almost there yet?" I asked, and he squeezed my hand in a silent 'yes', before stopping, his arm wrapping around my waist, my back pressed against his toned torso. "Wait, we're here?"

"Yep. You can take the blind fold off now, Micah," he said softly, my hand whipping up to peel off the blindfold. I felt Jay suck in a tight breath as he rested his chin on the top of my head, his breaths rising and falling against my back. I slowly opened my eyes before everything around me just stopped.

It was the most beautiful thing I had seen in my life, the old stone gazebo looked almost majestic, with fairy lights and glow-in-the-dark stars strewn up every where. It looked like fireflies fling around the romantically set table, the candle flickering in the centre surrounded by roses, the white table cloth dotted with petals. I gasped audibly, and Jaden laughed, his voice resonating in my ears, which were no doubt a bright red.

"Oh my god..." I whispered, as he kissed my cheek, turning me around to face him. My hands rested on his chest, fingers splayed out as I just gaped at him, tears glistening in my eyes. He had put so much effort into this, and I just felt so loved at that moment I couldn't help but cry a little.

"Don't cry, Micah," he said, but his lips quirked up into a smile as he kissed my tears away, gazing into my eyes. "Save your tears for when I ask you a very important question."

"What?" I squeaked, and he winked, pulling me in for a deep kiss before pulling back. "J-Jay? Is everything okay?"

"That all depends on you," he said mysteriously, and I gulped as something flashed in front of me. He then bent down onto one knee, and I felt my heart just skip a million beats as it sunk in.

"Jay... oh my god... you can't be..."

"I am," he said, before taking my hand and kissing it once. "Micah Williams, will you marry me?"

I was at a loss for words. I knew what my answer was, I knew it without a doubt. But the 'yes' that was right on the tip of my tongue was stuck, clogged with emotion as I just started bawling, the tears sky-diving from my eyes as I covered my mouth with my hand.

"I... I..." I started, choking on a wave of happiness, completely cutting off my words.

"Micah? I'll ask you again..." Jay said, his voice a little nervous. "Will you... marry me?"

"Yes," I said softly, so silent the wind carried it away, but Jaden had heard, and my answer seemed to get rid of the burden of worry off his shoulders, as he slipped a cool ring on my finger, the diamond glistening under the moon light as he kissed my finger with the ring on it, his lips lingering on my skin as I swallowed a sob. I was so happy, I just couldn't even begin to describe my feelings.

"I love you, Micah. So, so much," Jay said, sweeping me up into a tight embrace as I cried into his shirt. "Shh... it's okay. I love you, Micah. God, I love you."

"I'm j-just... so h-happy!" I gasped, and he laughed, crashing his lips to mine in a passionate kiss.

"Me too, sweet heart. Me too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh, the're ENGAGED! <3
And for all of you who wished my darling Jay luck, it certainly worked!
Thank you all for reading, but there are two more chapters left; don't worry, it's not over!
And again, I will stress that there WILL NOT be a sequel. Sorry, but that's how it will have to be.
Thank you again, and I'll update soon!
xx