Status: Active

Taking Chances

Jaden

Listen to this while reading: Wedding March

To rid myself of the nerves that were churning inside my stomach, I made it my mission to point out every single detail in my surroundings. The first thing my eyes focused on was the beach in the scenery, waves softly rolling onto the white sand, the distant sound of water lapping against rock music to my ears. It was a sunny day, but thankfully it wasn't sweltering hot. I was sweating in my suit, but that was all because of the nerves.

Urgh, Jay. Don't think about it. Everything will be fine.

My eyes moves on to the pentagonal gazebo, much like the one in the forest where I had proposed to Micah. This one however was made of white painted wood, and was covered with white flowers as well as being much more lavish. Behind my stood the priest, his nose stuck in a pretty... dodgy looking novel. I paid it no attention though; my focus had already moved on to the people sitting in fold-out white chairs. It was like a sea of colours, the men all wearing variously tailored suits, the women dressed up fancily in their dresses and heels. I saw mum smiling widely at me, and she saw my gaze on her, waving reassuringly. She knew how badly I was freaking out- I had barely slept a wink last night.

Micah's mother was nowhere to be seen however, probably in the little tent that had been pitched for Micah. He was right there, but I couldn't see him at all. I wanted to see him so badly.

"Jaden, calm down, you look like you're about to punch something," Declan whispered, nudging me in the side. I let out a shaky breath, closing my eyes for a brief moment before opening them again, turning to Declan, who patted my shoulder calmly, his lips quirked up in a tiny grin. "It'll be fine- trust me."

"I know, but what if?" I murmured, and it was Maybelle's turn to roll her eyes, stomping on my toes with her killer heels. I hissed a little, and awkwardly hopped on one foot, glaring at her as my foot throbbed like a bitch.

"Jaden, if you don't calm the hell down you're going to screw this up. Be calm for Micah, okay?" she said, and I nodded tightly, sending her one last seething look as she laughed. She then hugged me quickly, walking back over to where Declan as standing. Declan was basically my best man, and Maybelle was one of the bridesmaids, along with Eleanor, who was bouncing up and down on her Converse-clad feet, her excitement basically radiating off her in tangible waves.

Suddenly, the white upright piano planted in the corner of the gazebo started to emit a soft sound, and then I realised that it was happening. It was finally happening- I was about to get married to Micah. My sweet, wonderful Micah who had stolen my heart from the first moment I met him.

I heard the tent unzip itself, and took one deep breath before people started to stand up, eyes focused on the entrance. Micah didn't come out right away- first came out Byron, looking highly embarrassed to be scattering petals from a white-ribboned basket. I would have laughed at the sight if I weren't so highly strung, and he basically cantered down the white carpet, giving Declan an odd look. I think Declan was the one who put him up to this, and by the humoured expression on his face he seemed to enjoy the sight.

The next person to pop out was Nick, holding a pillow with two glinting gold rings on it. He looked even redder than Byron did, but walked with purpose despite his obvious discomfort. He gave me a tentative smile, which I returned, silently thanking him. We had gotten over our... issues, but there was still a little hint of tension, but I didn't hate his guts now. And plus, I knew what was going on with Byron and Nick. At first I was flabberghasted, but now I think I saw how much they meant to one another, kind of reminding me of Micah. I could never tell them to break up. I knew how much it hurt to be apart from the person you loved.

There was a moment's pause, before the music picked up, two people emerging form the tent.

The first I noticed was Micah's mother, looking beautiful and young in a vintage dress that fell to her knees. She had a winning smile on her face, as if she had just won the lottery, and her eyes met mine, lighting up. And then I turned my head slightly onto Micah.

Oh, god.

He was wearing the same suit as me, but he was wearing it in white instead of my dark black colour. His hair was the same as always, but it seemed to have been slicked back a tiny bit. His cheeks were the lightest shade of pink as his eyes met mine, something flashing in them. His lips them twitched into a smile that just took my breath away.

He was gorgeous, so beautiful that no words could match him.

He walked up to the gazebo in time with the music, his eyes locked onto mine the entire time. When he reached me, he whispered soothing words that made me silently laugh.

"I'm freaking out. Tell me it'll be okay," he whispered, and I nodded, taking his hand in mine and squeezing it tightly. He squeezed mine back as the priest spoke, telling us to repeat some lines that I had been practising all night. The words came smoothly to my lips, and I nearly melted when Micah spoke his lines, his angelic voice making my heart swell.

"I, Jaden Carr, take you, Micah Williams, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part," I said softly, Micah's eyes now glistening with unshed tears as he smiled at me.

"And I, Micah Williams, take you, Jaden Carr, for my lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part," Micah said, his voice shaky. I slipped his ring on, the little gold band fitting his slender finger perfectly, right alongside his engagement ring. He then slid my own ring on, his fingers brushing mine gently as I heard him quietly bite back a sob.

"And you may kiss the bri- um, husband," the priest said awkwardly, and I smirked once, making Micah grin as he wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me down to meet his lips.

Let's just say we gave everyone a kiss to remember.

***

"I am so happy for you two!" Maybelle screamed, bombarding both Micah and I with killer hugs as she gushed on and on about how we were the cutest couple she had ever laid eyes on. Micah just blushed profusely as she kissed both of us on the cheek, before making a bee-line to the buffet that had been set up. There were couples dancing on the dance-floor, and I saw Eleanor dancing with some guy- who knows. Declan didn't say anything to us, but gave us a wink as he made his way over to Maybelle, tearing her away from the food and onto the dance floor.

"Do you want to go dance, Mr Carr?" I asked, Micah laughing. "I will never get tired of that title.

"It's Williams-Carr, remember? We're hyphenating it," he reminded me, kissing my cheek as I led him to the dance floor, everyone in the room 'ooh-ing' and 'aww-ing' as we held each other, sneaking in little kisses every now and then as we swayed to the music.

"I can not believe I'm here, with you, like this," he said happily, sighing dreamily. "I never want this to end."

"Me neither," I said honestly, pressing my forehead against his, planting a feathery kiss to his nose. "But we have a long time ahead of us, sweet heart."

"Mhmm," he said, burying himself in my chest as the song changed.

Yes, we have a long way to go, and nothing was going to stop us ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
ONE MORE CHAPTER!!! :]
It's gonna be an epilogue about Micah and Jaden's lives in ten years.
And as a little spoiler, there is one word that I will mention to you.
Kids.
Mhmm, that's right!
Thank you all so much for staying with me thus far. I know I'll miss this story so much.
Well, there's one more, so, for the last time...
UNTIL NEXT TIME!
xx