Status: Active

Taking Chances

Micah

"Ma, we're home!" Belle called, and we heard a soft "In the kitchen!" I quickly darted up to my room, dumping my bag onto the floor and changed into a pair of loose sweat pants and a loose T-shirt before returning back downstairs and into the kitchen, where I was greeted by the wonderful aroma of freshly baked cookies. Maybelle was already at the island counter scoffing down her plate of hot cookies, gurgling her tall glass of milk as she smiled happily, like an adorable 3-year-old kid. I slid into the bar-seat next to her, Ma handing me my own plate as she kissed my forehead. I gave her a small smile, and she got back to cooking.

"Whats for dinner, Ma?" I asked, and she winked.

"Your favourite, honey." I nodded, and nibbled on my own cookies. Ma's brow creased, and she opened her mouth to say something, but then snapped it shut and decided against it. Maybelle gave me a sideways glance in a knowing manner, and I sighed, knowing that I probably looked like a wreck. Usually I would have bounced into the kitchen and pecked Ma on the cheek, but today I was slow, sluggish and completely oblivious to everything. I could only think about Jaden and Byron. Probably more about Jaden though.

I sipped on my milk, and pushed the barely touched plate of cookies across the counter, making Ma touch my cheek, a worried frown on her face. The moment Jaden flitted into my mind a wave of sadness, longing and hurt washed over me, like it usually did, and I couldn't help the tears that sprung to my eyes. Ma's expression also didn't really help me, since her panicked expression told me how crappy I looked.

"Micah... What happened at school? I haven't seen you looking like this ever since... hedisappeared." My lower lip shook, and Ma pulled me into a tight embrace, tucking my head under her chin and against her chest, kissing the top of my head. "Micah... What happened?"

"H-He r-reappeared, Ma. Jaden c-came back," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her stomach as she rubbed my back. "A-And there is a b-boy who h-hates me. H-he badly hurt my a-arm." Ma gasped, and pulled me back a little to inspect my bandaged arm, and her mouth popped open when she saw unwrapped it, staring at the very, very evident signs of abuse, which accumulated to a perfect shoe-shaped purple and blue bruise. It was impressive, and not the good kind.

"Oh, deary me. Micah... Oh, honey..." Ma breathed, clearly shocked, worried and angry. Shocked at the Jaden incident, worried about me and my probably shattered mental state, and angry at the guy who hurt me. "Micah, everything will be fine. You have me, Maybelle and Eleanor around you. We won't let anything happen to you again. If you want to change schools, I can arrange that for you. Micah, if there is anything, and that means anything tell me. Micah, I'm worried and scared. I don't want you to relapse back to how you were. I can already tell that seeing Jaden again has affected you. Honey, you struggled to eat one cookie. So please, promise me that you'll look after yourself, okay?"

Ma kissed my forehead again, and crushed me to her chest. She wiped away my tears with a tissue, and gently used her fingers to curl my lips into a smile, laughing gently.

"Go clean yourself up, honey. Dinner will be done soon, and it's your favourite so I'm sure it will cheer you right up!"

"Mhmm. Thank you, Ma. I love you."

"I love you too, Micah," Ma replied, before I slowly slumped up the stairs and into my room, collapsing onto my bed in a flustered heap. I slipped under my blanket, and covered my face with a floral scented pillow, and groaned.

"Jaden... Jaden... Ngh... Jaden. I... Hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I... I-I don't hate you. I-I can't hate you," I sobbed, hugging a pillow tight against my body. "I... Still love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, its a really short and really crappy chapter- I know. I'm at my grandmas place using her shitty wifi, and I'm on my iPod so it is kinda hard for me to get out a good chapter, but since I won't be updating for a while I decided to at least give you something, though bad :/
I'll try to update as soon as I can, so hope for another chapter (which will hopefully be better!) some time in the near future!
Pease comment and subscribe- I'd love it!
xx Amber