Status: In progress :)

All's Fair in Love and Glee

Nothing Is Right From Morning 'Til Night.

“Okay, is everyone here?” I looked around the room and nodded at Mr Shue. “Good, Puck, you ready to go?” As Puck stood up I was glad he was going first, I needed to calm down. I’d performed quite a bit in Glee club but I still got nervous before having to sing a song. I felt like I was being judged, plus I didn’t get much time to practice seeing as my parents were arguing for most of the weekend. It wasn’t the best environment to be in when you’re trying to hear yourself think.

Puck finished talking to Brad, the pianist, and took centre stage. I groaned inwardly as they began to play the music. Noah Puckerman was going to murder the great song that is ‘Jailhouse Rock’. Sinking in my chair I tried to look away so I could calm myself down for my own performance.

As I looked back I saw him shaking his leg, well attempting to at least. He winked at me and carried on singing. Butterflies entered my stomach as Noah came to the end of the song. I clapped along with the rest of the club. He wasn’t as bad as I thought he’d be but he was no Elvis.

“Well done, Puck. Good choice,” Mr Shue started. “Uh, Melody, are you okay?” I snapped my head up to look at him. “You’re looking kind of pale.”

Shaking my head I tried to get rid of the nerves, “I’m f-fine, just nerves.” I blushed as everyone gave me sympathetic smiles except for Noah and Santana. Santana was rolling her eyes.

“Just get up and sing, Melody, you’ll be fine,” I nodded at her and stood up, my legs taking me over to the piano.

I’d told the band which song I was going to sing before school and I was just asking if they’d remembered.

I grabbed a stool as I didn’t trust my legs to stop shaking and sat down, taking shaking breaths as I waited for the intro to finish. “Oh, the shark, babe, has such teeth, dear
And it shows them pearly white
Just a jack-knife has old MacHeath, babe
And he keeps it, ah, out of sight
Ya know when that shark bites with his teeth, babe
Scarlet billows start to spread
Fancy gloves, oh, wears old MacHeath, babe
So there`s never, never a trace of red.”
I looked up from staring at the floor to see everyone smiling and bobbing along. My nerves seemed to float away slightly.

“Now on the sidewalk, huh, huh, whoo sunny mornin`, uh huh
Lies a body just oozin` life, eek
And someone`s sneakin` `round the corner
Could that someone be Mack the Knife?”


I looked at everyone’s faces as the last of my worry of singing faded away.

“There`s a tugboat, huh, huh, down by the river don`tcha know
Where a cement bag just a`droopin` on down
Oh, that cement is just, it`s there for the weight, dear
Five`ll get ya ten old Macky`s back in town
Now d`ja hear `bout Louie Miller? He disappeared, babe
After drawin` out all his hard-earned cash
And now MacHeath spends just like a sailor
Could it be our boy`s done somethin` rash?”


Noah was smiling at me, not a smirk or anything, a genuine smile. Rachel gave me a thumbs up along with Kurt.

“Now Jenny Diver, ho, ho, yeah, Sukey Tawdry
Ooh, Miss Lotte Lenya and old Lucy Brown
Oh, the line forms on the right, babe
Now that Macky`s back in town

I said Jenny Diver, whoa, Sukey Tawdry
Look out to Miss Lotte Lenya and old Lucy Brown
Yes, that line forms on the right, babe
Now that Macky`s back in town.”
Taking a big breath I looked up at Mr Shue with a huge grin on my face, I’m pretty sure I nailed that song.

“Well done, Melody. Brilliant song choice,” I went and sat down as Mr Shue asked if anyone else had a song prepared. Brittany answered and got up, singing some Buddy Holly song.

Noah was staring at me from across the room and I couldn’t focus on Britt’s performance properly. I turned and looked at him. His eyes were looking at my face but it was like he was looking past me. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. “Okay great, that’s all for today. Santana, Tina and Mike will go tomorrow.” I stood up, not even noticing Brittany had finished singing.

Grabbing my bag I felt someone touch the small of my back, “You were better than I thought you’d be.” Noah’s breath was hot on my neck and I stood straight, turning to face him.

Everyone else had left the room and I suddenly felt uneasy, “I could say the same about you.” I tried to exit the room as quick as possible but Noah had different ideas. He pulled my wrist and pushed me against the wall. Didn’t know you were a rapist, Puck. Thanks for the heads up, everyone.

“We should sing together sometime,” He whispered against my neck and I fought the urge to sigh. “We’d be good together. So, need a ride?” He looked up at me, our noses practically touching. I gulped, not trusting my voice. I pushed his arms away from the wall and walked away, my head fuzzy. “What, you’re going to walk?” His voice was loud in the empty, cold hallway.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m going to do. I kept walking, pulling out my iPod and turning my music up loud. I felt him running up behind me and he slowed to a pace to match my own when he’d reached my side. He grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers. My pace faltered and I knew Noah was smirking as he realised it was because of him. I sped up and he followed. What the hell was his deal? I carried on walking, I walked out of the school gates and way past Noah’s car. “Okay, what’s your deal?” I pulled out my earphones and turned to look at him.

“I’m not sure. Melody, why are you always so sad and angry?” My eyes grew wide and I stared at him, trying to suss him out. “I mean, you’ve always got your earphones in and that serious look on your face.”

“I’m not sad or angry or anything. It’s just how I am, okay. Now what do you really want?” He was annoying me, he didn’t know me at all and I wanted to keep it that way. He knew I was angry and for some reason, that made Noah angry.

“God, why are you such a bitch?” I couldn’t help it, I slapped him, hard across the face.

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that, Fuckerman,” I shoved my earphones in my ears and stormed off. I didn’t wait around to see what his reaction was, I started on a path that went away from the road.

Trust Puckerman to ruin an already awful day.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's short yeah but i felt like i had to write something. next chapter will be at least 3-4 pages on Word okay. Comment please? c: