Fate Fell Short

I Promise

Josh set the flowers by the tombstone that was inscribed:

Scout Marie Jamison
November 4th, 1990- July 12th, 2011
She brightened the world with her smile


Josh sat on the ground by Scout's tombstone and began talking to her. “Everyone else gives their birthday wishes also: Matt, Max, Chris, Dan, and my mum. I didn’t just come here to say happy birthday, love, I need to also say thank you. The boys and I just got back from tour yesterday. The tour was for our newest CD which has some heavier stuff on it. I took a chance like you told me to and it worked out. Everyone loves the new stuff. We decided the call the CD ‘Sinners Never Sleep.’ I figured you’d appreciate that name,” Josh chuckled.

Josh sighed and wiped away a few tears that had begun to fall. “I miss you so much, Scout, so fucking much. This place hasn’t been the same since you and it never will be. You changed me, love. You started as a one night stand but turned into so much more. Every time I look to the past I think of you; I remember all our times together, the good and bad, and I can’t help but smile.

Touring was hard this time around. I was used to coming and visiting you out here every day. It’s been two months since I’ve visited you last, love. I’m sorry but I know you understand. I feel better now that I’m here though. I can relax, I can breathe. Just being around you calms me.
Scout, I love you, still do. I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving you. I’m sure I’ll find someone else someday but you had my heart first and right now you’re the one I dream about when I fall asleep. I’ll always be dreaming of you.”

Josh wiped his eyes. The tears were coming full force now but he didn’t even try to stop them.

The wind blew and Josh swore he could hear her laugh and say, “Joshua! Leave. You don’t need to waste your time here.”

Josh chuckled, “Scout, I’m fine. Anyway, I’ll leave when I wanna.”

The wind blew again, “Promise?”

“I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what happens when you combine Blink-182 and "A Walk to Remember" hahaha.

Hope you enjoyed it :)