Incarnate

Prologue

"February 28th, 1994, no hits... March 1st, no hits..." a young, bored woman moaned as she sat at her computer, like she did everyday, waiting for that tiny, little flickering light to appear on the screen. That little light was the key to her promotion, the key to her starting her career, after five years of waiting. It never came, until-- "March 2nd... Wait a second!" she gasped, shooting up from her rotating chair. "Boss! This is it! The light! Finally! We've got a hit! We've finally got a hit!"

The man sitting in the shadows behind the desk, the Boss, stood up and with a painfully slow pace, walked over to the computer. "My my, certainly took her long enough. Well done Emilia, now, is there any other data you can gather from this? A general location, anything?" he asked anxiously. Now that he knew she was out there, it was time for the hunt to begin.

"No sir, we haven't the technology to track the locations signals from the child, only to identify them. I can have our best field agents out in an hour, our best computer engineers in here in less than that, and--"

"I just wanted a yes or no answer Emilia. Get to work, if we don't find at least one of the girls before their teenage years, then we've lost almost all chances. We'll be failures again." The light reflected in his glasses and blocked his eyes, but Emilia could still feel them burning through her skin. "Do whatever you can Emilia, do not fail me."

"Yes sir! I'm on it sir!"

Months passed, and hundred of miles away, yet another team was hard at work.

"Hey sis! We've got another signal! That's 6! Only two left!" the younger of two women said brightly. She flipped her silvery blonde hair over her shoulder and stuck a push pin on the the world map on the wall. "The new one's way over in Japan! How are we going to get her together with the other ones? Only one of them in Asia, the rest are much farther west!" she asked curiously.

Her sister looked away from her computer screen for a mere moment and flashed a gentle smile. "Don't doubt us Di. This has been done before the inventions of air planes and student exchanges. We'll make it work, don't you worry."

The younger sister nodded, and carefully read aloud the positions of her pins. "East Coast Canada, first signal. Two locations near England and Ireland, 4th and 2nd signals. Southern America, or whatever you call it, 5th signal, China, 3rd signal, Japan, 6th signal."

"You can read it out all you like, but it's not going to make them appear here. We should have enough signals to begin again." the older sister said. She stood up and pointed to the two in Europe. "We bring these two to this girl here, perhaps. Canada's vast, it'll be easy to hide them in such a big country. It worked when they all had to go to Russia once, right?"

Again, the younger sister nodded, but she didn't have full faith in her sister's plan. "Will we find them fast?"

"I can't say we'll find them fast, it's too big of an assumption to make, for all we know, it could take years, a decade even, maybe two, but Di, I promise, we'll be the ones to find them first. They'll be safe with us soon enough."