Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

01; A What?

Brian's POV

I stepped off of the bus and onto Matt's driveway. "Man! It feels so good to be home." I exclaimed while almost just laying down on the drive. Jimmy jumped off of the bus, "Yeah, Dude." He agreed with me.

Matt walked off of the Bus, "Alright guys, I'm fricken tired. You all going to be here tomorrow for the big BBQ?" We all said yeah and we said bye. We all headed to our cars and went home after being on tour for nearly a year. I got to my house and parked my car in the Garage. I walked inside and there was a light on in the Living Room. I groaned, I didn't really want to deal with my girlfriend right now.

I walked slowly into the Living Room and Michelle stood up, "Briiiaaann!" She got all giddy. I rolled my eyes and she walked over to me, "I missed you."

I cocked an eyebrow at her, "Really? How my guys have you been with since I was gone?"

She faked a gasp, "What? How could you even say such a thing!"

"I'm not fucking stupid, Michelle. Whatever, but once I catch you in the act, you're out of my life for good." I seethed at her and she walked up the stairs and I heard the door slam. I rolled my eyes at that, she shouldn't be the one throwing a hissy fit. I guess I'm sleeping on the couch my first night back. I plopped on the couch and closed my eyes waiting for sleep to overtake me.

I was just about to fall asleep when the house phone started ringing. I groaned and picked it up without looked at the I.D. "Hello?"

"Hello, can I speak to a Brian Haner Jr. Please?" A female asked.

"You're speaking to him." I said now interested to know what she wanted.

She cleared her throat, "Well you see Mr. Haner, I have your daughter here and-"

I cut her off, "I'm sorry Miss, but I don't have a daughter." I'm sure they are other Brian Haner's out there somewhere.

"Actually you do, does a Gracie Ryder ring a bell?" She asked waiting for a response.

I frowned, "Yeah. I haven't seen her since that concert and we.." Had sex. I slapped my forehead realizing what this meant.

"I have a kid." I muttered.

"Brain, are you still there?" The lady asked.

I turned my attention back to her, "How old is the kid?"

She responded, "7 years old, Mr. Haner." She definitely is mine because that's right around the time I had a one night stand with Gracie. Wait why is this lady calling me now..

"Wait so, why are you calling me now?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Mr. Haner, Gracie got in a car accident this morning and passed on. We've been trying to reach you all day, but some lady kept answering and told us to leave you alone. Anyways, your daughter; Skylar was suppose to go to her Step Dad but, she refuses to go anywhere with him. I'm not exactly sure why, but she may be abused by him." I tightened my grip on the phone. How could someone beat an innocent child?

She continued on, "So. I decided to contact you to see if you will take her, unless you want to give custody over to her Step Dad. We can make those arrangements."

I shook my head, "No I'll be there. Just tell me where." She gave me directions to their house and I hung up the phone. I didn't have to put my shoes on or anything because I still had everything on. I thought about telling Michelle but decided against it.

I got to the house pretty fast and I didn't even know how I managed considering the lack of sleep I had. I noticed 2 cars in the drive. One crappy one, and a nice mustang. I figured the mustang belonged to the Lady I was talking to. I got out of the car and I glanced at the time, it was 1 in the morning. I let out a sigh before walking to the front door. I knocked and waited.

A lady opened it, "Mr. Haner, thank you for coming." I simply nodded and walked in. I looked around and this house wasn't exactly nice. It looked like their was mold on the walls. I walked into the living room and saw a guy sitting on the couch, he looked pissed off.

The lady smiled at me, "I'm Alyssa, and this John. He is Skylar's step Dad."

I looked back at John and he didn't even look at me. I looked at Alyssa, "Is this where Skylar lives?" I asked while looking around at the room. It was really gross.

She shook her head, "No. This is John's house, she was staying with him while her Mom went to the store this morning." I nodded and sighed, "Alright so where's the little munchkin?"

John spoke up for the first time, "You can't just take her. You don't even know her, I'm the one who has been taking care of her the whole time."

I cocked an eyebrow at him, "Then why doesn't she wanna stay with you? Huh?"

He rolled his eyes, "She's just being a big baby."

Alyssa butted in, "Brian follow me. I have to warn you though, she hasn't talked to anyone since we told her about her Mom. I told her I was going to leave her here with John and she started hitting me. It didn't hurt, but she just kept saying no, and that's all she said."

I nodded now kind of afraid to see what was going to happen when I told her I was her Father. We got to a room and Alyssa opened the door, "Skylar. Someone is here to see you."

I took a deep breath before walking in. I looked at the room and it was all tore up. There was a bed and a teddy bear in the corner, was this suppose to be a Kid's room? I shook it off and focused my attention on Skylar. She looked up at me and I almost wanted to gasp. She looked just like me.

Alyssa smiled at her, "Skylar, this is Brian. He's your Father."

Skylar looked up at me and I looked down into her brown eyes and I see that she was in pain, not just emotional pain, but physical pain too. I took a step towards her, and she slid closer to the wall in response.

I put my hand out, "I won't hurt you, I promise. How about you come home with me?"

She looked up at me afraid. I was shocked at how scared she was. I don't know what he did to her but, I'm going to kick his ass. I looked at Alyssa, "I'll be right back." I walked back out into the living room where the jack ass was sitting.

I grabbed him by his collar and pulled him to his feet. I almost wanted to laugh at how short he was. "What the fuck did you do to her?"

He glared up at me, "I didn't do anything now get your filthy hands off of me."

"I'll tell you what's filthy, this fucking house is filthy and you wanted her to live with you?! Sorry, too bad. She's coming with me, and as soon as I find out what you did to her, you're going to wish you were never alive." I threw him back on the couch.

I went back to the room and noticed Alyssa tried to comfort Skylar, it looked like she was crying. I frowned and Alyssa shrugged, "As soon as you walked out she started crying."

I walked over to them and looked down at Skylar, "Hey. It's okay."

She looked up at me with her lip trembling, "I thought you were going to leave me."

I almost got chocked up, that's the first thing she said to me. I gently caressed her cheek, "Honey, I'll never leave you ever again." She nodded and I reached out to pick her up. She wrapped her legs around my torso and I heard her groan. I decided to let it pass.

We walked back into the living room and John came back over to me. I felt Skylar's grip tighten. I glared at John, "Back the fuck up." He rolled his eyes, "I just wanna say bye to her."

Skylar buried her head in my neck and I shook my head, "Well she don't want to say bye to you so move out of my way or I'll make you move." He sighed but moved.

I got outside and Alyssa smiled at me, "You know, I know you're going to be a great Dad."

"How?" I wondered.

She smiled, "I'm a social worker so I deal with this stuff all of the time, and most Father's just tell me to hand the kids over to foster care. You're the first person I dealt with that stepped up to the plate." I frowned at hearing that someone would just hand their kids to strangers.

I shrugged, "So does she have any clothes?"

Alyssa nodded, "Yes I have all of her stuff in my trunk." I followed her to her car. Skylar's head was still buried in my neck, I just couldn't be sure if she was sleeping or not. I popped my trunk and she put all of her stuff in it. She shut if for me and I mumbled a thanks.

She smiled at me, "Take care of her Brian. She's hurt. I know you'll figure what happened to her and when you do, if you want to press charges give me a call I'll be your witness."

I smiled, "Thanks, Alyssa. See ya around." She got in her car as I walked to the passenger side of mine. I was going to put Skylar in the back seat but, I got a feeling that she didn't want to be that far away from me. I opened the door and tried to pry her off of me, but it wasn't working.

I lowered my head to her ear, "Skylar. You gotta let up sweetie. You're coming home with me, you'll be safe there, but if I can't get you in the car then we can't get there."

She let go off my neck and I placed her on the seat. I strapped her in and walked over to my side. I grabbed the handle and I felt a smack to the back of my head. I turned around and there was John, "I'm not letting you take her, she belongs to me."

Does this guy really think he can fight me? I smirked, "Try and stop me." He then punched me in my jaw. I'll admit, it hurt but not as much as he's going to hurt. I gave him one of my hard punches to the mouth. Blood started trickling out and I punched him another time hitting his eye. He stumbled a bit and fell to the ground. He was on his hands and knees.

I took that opportunity to kick him in the ribs. He groaned in response. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the handle of the door. I noticed Sklyar looking at me afraid. I sighed and her eyes went wide and my head got bashed into the window. I think I heard Skylar say no, but I couldn't be sure. John punched me in the gut a couple times and I had to grab on to the car to hold myself up.

He went to Skylar's side and I heard her scream. Something came over me and I ran around the car and slammed the door he just opened shut. He glared at me and I punched him square in the nose this time. I heard it break and I grabbed him by his shirt and rammed him into his piece of shit car. I threw a couple more punches and kicked him in the ribs for the last time.

I gleamed down at him, "Don't mess with Synyster fucking Gates." I spat on him before getting into my car. I pulled out of the driveway and I noticed Skylar crying. I tried to comfort her, "Hey. It's okay, you're safe now." I held my hand out for her to grab.

She did and I gave it a little squeeze. I got onto the highway and I felt Skylar let go and I noticed that she fell asleep. I decided to turn the radio on really low. I started to think on what just happened. I just kicked the shit out of someone to protect my Daughter. Daughter, it sounds so weird saying I have a Daughter. What the fuck are the guys going to think when I bring her over tomorrow? Hell what is Michelle going to think?
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! &amp;lt;3 Whooaa.. this is a really long chapter. Anyways could I get a comment from someone, please? (: Or a Subscriber would be nice too.