Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

14; Preparing For Tour

Brian's POV

Matt decided we were all going to his house to celebrate and go over some things about what songs we were going to play on the tour. We were all sitting at the patio table while Skye was in the Living Room watching Cartoons. Matt explained to us we were going to start off with Unholy Confessions, which is usually a song we end with but, I just agreed to it.

The patio door opened and Val walked out. "Um, guys." We now looked up at her and she bit her lip nervously. "The Berry's are here. Jason wants to talk to Brian." I let out a sigh. I haven't talked to him since I punched his lights out for having sex with Michelle.

Zack looked at me. "Don't do anything stupid." That earned him an eye roll and I got up off of my chair. I walked into the Kitchen, and I heard voices in the Living Room. I walked in there to see Skye sitting on Matt's lap. She has always had a good relationship with him.

I looked across the room where Jason was standing kind of awkwardly. He looked at me, "Hey."

"Hey." I simply replied without tearing my gaze from him.

He seemed to be really nervous and stiff. "Um. I just want to apologize for the whole thing with Michelle. I shouldn't of done it, I'm sorry. I just miss having you as a friend, Brian. I understand if you don't forgive me, but at least I know that I did everything I could."

I'm not even really mad at him. Yeah he had sex with Michelle, but it was like I could almost see that coming. I never thought she would do it with Jason, but I knew something like that was coming.

I scratched my neck. "Jason. I'm over it. Michelle is gone out of my life for good, and even if it wasn't you that I caught her with, it probably would of been some other guy eventually. I accept your apology, just as I hope you can accept mine for punching you in the face."

Jason relaxed a little and chuckled. "Dude, don't apologize for that. I deserved it, but we're good now?" He asked, just being sure of the matter.

"We're good, Jason." I walked over to him and gave him a guy hug.

Matt made an 'Awe' sound. "Isn't that cute?"

I flipped him off and Skye started laughing. Jason went and sat next to them, he went to pull Skye on his lap but she shook her head. Matt grinned, "Dude. She doesn't like you."

Jason scoffed. "Yeah right." He then looked at Skye, "You like me don't you?"

She shook her head before looking down at Matt's lap. I let out a chuckle. "Skylar I love you so much." She looked up at me and smiled. "I love you too Daddy." My phone started ringing and I stepped outside to take it.

I sat on the porch and hit accept. "Hey Dad."

"Son. I heard about the tour coming up, you excited?" My Dad asked eagerly.

I let out a sigh. "Yes and no."

He seemed confused. "Something on your mind?"

"Yeah actually there is. As much as I want Skye to come on the road with us, you seen road life. It's not very fitting for a 7 year old. I'm not exactly sure where she's going to stay either. It's going to suck leaving her." I exhaled.

My Dad seemed to understand. "Well, it isn't going to be easy. I can tell you that much, but you're right road life isn't good for her. Why don't you have her stay with Suzy, and plus she has School too, you don't want her missing that."

"Right." I said unsteadily.

He saw right through that. "Brian. What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing." I said on an instant.

My Dad got in his 'Dad mood'. "Brian if you don't tell me right now, I'll come over there and kick your ass."

I sighed. "Okay, fine. I haven't put Skye in school yet."

"What?! Brian, you could go to jail." He said the same exact thing Matt told me a while back.

I took a deep breath and explained to him the whole thing that happened last time I told her she needed to go to school. I was not forcing my Daughter to do something she was petrified of, sorry but, I rather go to jail.

"You need to talk to her. Try and find out why she's like that. She needs to get into school. Try and see if you can get her to agree to it today, that way she'll be in school by the time you leave for tour. Do you want her to stay with Suzy?" My Dad asked.

I rubbed my face. "Yeah, if she doesn't mind."

He chuckled, "Of course not. Now go do what I said, I'll call you later."

I hung up and made my way back inside. Everyone was in the living room now watching a baseball game. I looked at Skye who was now on Zack's lap. "Skye can you come into the kitchen for a minute?" She gladly obliged.

We got into the kitchen and I sat her on the counter. I noticed the guys crowd the doorway. I swear they are the nosiest people I have ever known in my life. I leaned my head down so I was on her level. "Skye, don't freak out, but can you please tell me why you're afraid of going to school?"

She looked up at me with fear radiating off of her eyes. She snapped her eyes towards the floor not saying a word. I caressed her cheek. "Sweetie, you need to tell me." I said in a calmly matter.

Skye gave a stiff nod and looked up at me again. "When I was in school, Mommy used to drop me off and then I would get called down to the office and John would be there to pick me up. He always told the office lady that I had to see the Doctor, but he would take me to his house and hurt me. Daddy, I can't go to school. He'll get me again." She grabbed onto my arm for dear life.

I then realized that her Mom probably had John in her emergency contacts so he could pick her up anytime he wanted. I reached out and pulled her against my chest. I kissed the side of her head. "Listen to me, sweetheart. He will never come near you again. If you go to school, I can make sure that no one will ever be able to pick you up unless it's me or your family."

"Are you sure?" She asked still afraid.

I grabbed her chin. "I promise you that he will never ever pick you up from school."

She nodded. "Okay."

I half grinned, "So you want to go to School?"

She gave a shrug. "I guess."

I looked at the others. "I'm going to call up the district school and see if I can get her in." They nodded and Zack picked Skye up. They all went back into the Living Room while I dialed the school up.

I got off of the phone with the Principle of the Elementary School and She said for me to bring Skye down so she could take a test to see what grade she would be in. I walked into the living room. "Alright so who wants to come with me to take Skye to the school?"

Matt spoke up. "Well I wanna try and work on some new songs so, you can take Johnny. I don't need him for anything."

I nodded, "Alright. Skye, Johnny. Let's go." I walked out of the door with them trailing behind. We go into the car and I pulled out of the driveway. I had some Pantera blaring through the speakers quiet enough so you could still talk.

I pulled into the School parking lot and we made our way to the main office. It felt weird being at a school. We got into the Office and I told the lady why I was here and she directed me to the Principle's room and we entered.

The Principle smiled at us, "Hi. I'm Miss Connor. You must be Brian?"

I nodded, "Yeah, and this is Skye." I patted her her shoulders. I then gestured to Johnny, "-And this is my friend Johnny." She said to the both of them and then she had Skye go in another room to take a test. Miss Connor gave me like a whole stack of papers to fill out.

As soon as I finish my last paper Skye walked back in. "Daddy, why did I have to take a test?"

"It's to see what grade you're in, honey." I took the papers and stacked them together before handing them to Miss Connor. Another lady came in and hand her the test Skye just took.

I looked at Johnny, "Why don't you take her out to the car."

He nodded and picked Skye up with ease. "C'mon, Shorty." They walked out of the room and I heard Skye giggle and say, "You're short too." I rolled my eyes and looked at Miss Connor. "How'd she do?"

"Very well. She matches up with her age group which means she'll be in 2nd grade, I'm going to have her start tomorrow, if that's alright?" She asked looking up at me.

I nodded. "Yeah, that's fine. Um, I just want to clarify something that I was suppose to put on the emergency contacts but, I forgot."

She got her pen ready, "Of course."

"There's this guy named John Daniels, and he was Skylars Mom's boyfriend. He used to take her out of School all the time and that's why I didn't put her in school right away when I got her, because she was scared he's going to get her. Anyways, I want to make sure that if he comes here he is never allowed to take her." I finished up and sat more up in the chair.

She wrote a couple things down and smiled at me. "All done, Mr. Haner. Here is our Schedule and I look forward to seeing Skylar here tomorrow." She shook my hand.

I walked out of the school and got back into the car. I looked back at Skye, "You start School tomorrow. We got to do some school shopping now."

Johnny groaned. "Ugh. I hate shopping."

"Suck it up." I said while starting the car up.

"Daddy?" Skye asked.

I looked in the mirror, "Yes?"

She seemed kind of confused and a little bit sad. "Johnny said next week you're leaving for a tour and I won't be able to see you for 2 months."

I hit Johnny's shoulder. "You idiot."

"Sorry, it slipped out. You were going to have to tell her anyway." He responded.

I sighed before shifting my head to the backseat. "Yeah, I'm sorry sweetie. Johnny is right, but I'll be back in 2 short months. You'll be staying with Suzy, you like her."

She crossed her arms. "I like you better."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, long update. I'm going to try and update more often with this one. I changed the banner and I like this one a lot so, I think I'm going to keep it. (:

Thanks to the following who left comments:
JennyLynn2012
shortygirl
foREVer a Fiction
Star Angel
Miss.CorrCorr
PonAndZiFan
Vampire vengeance
thisxchicksxnotxokay
You guys seriously make my day! (: