Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

17; Really Scared

No one's POV

A couple days passed and Skylar was still missing her Daddy like crazy. It was now Friday and she was working on a math worksheet in class. She finished her sheet before everyone else and the Teacher let her draw. The Teacher got a phone call and she answered it.

She hung up and walked over to Skylar's desk. "Sweetie, why don't you get your things together and head to the office someone is here to pick you up."

Skylar looked at her teacher very confused but, nonetheless packed up her things. Her class said bye to her as she walked out of the classroom. Skylar made her way to the office wondering if Daddy was picking her up. She suddenly got excited thinking it was him.

She walked into the Office and froze when she saw a man standing there. Not just any man, it was her Step Dad. Skylar started freaking out in her mind. Her Daddy lied to her, he said John would never be able to take her, yet here he is.

John smiled crookedly. "Hello sweetie, time to go home."

Skylar looked at the office attendants in fear, but John wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Come on, I'm going to get you some ice cream on the way."

The office lady smiled at us, "You guys have a good day now."

Skylar wouldn't move, she needed to tell them that she couldn't go with him, but she couldn't seem to get anything to come out of her mouth. The Principle walked through the door and Skylar had to take her chance now. "Miss Connor!" She yelled.

John tensed up as Miss Connor walked over to them. "Why, hello Skye. Where's your Daddy at?" She asked Skylar confused. Skylar didn't answer and Miss Connor moved her gaze to John. "I'm sorry, I don't think I've met you. What's your name?"

"John Daniels. I'm Skylar's Step Dad, I have to take her to the Doctor's." He said coolly.

Miss Connor stiffened when she heard his name was John Daniels. No one was suppose to let Skylar go to anyone except Mr. Haner or any other emergency contacts, also John Daniels was wrote down as someone she wasn't to be released to.

She glanced at the attendant. "Paula call 911." She pulled Skylar over to her and John looked up at her confused. Miss Connor glared at him, "You're not suppose to be anywhere near her, sir. Please stay where you are until the cops get here."

Skylar started to relax knowing she wasn't going no where with him anytime soon. John realized he was caught, so he ran out of the office and ran out of the school. An Attendant looked out the window to try and catch his license plate number, but couldn't.

Brian's POV

The guys were playing the Xbox while I was messing around with my Guitar. It seemed to get easier being away from Skye. I still miss her to death, but now I'm able to concentrate on my work. I was messing around with some riffs, when my cell phone started ringing.

Suzy's name flashed across the phone and I picked it up, "Hello?"

"Brian, I have some bad news." She said slowly.

I got worried instantly, "What? Is it Skye? Is she okay?" The guys shut the game off and turned their attention to me as I waited for her to answer.

Suzy took a deep breath. "Skye is okay, but today at School John almost got her out of School. The attendant didn't realize it was him but, the Principle realized it and they called the cops. He fled before they got there." She explained.

I tightened the grip on the phone. "How's Skye?"

"She won't talk to me, Bri. I'm worried about her." Suzy sighed.

"Let me talk to her." I said while biting my thumb nail.

I waited a couple seconds and I heard some breathing so, I figured it was her. "Skye. Baby, listen to me. I know you're really scared right now, but you got to talk to me. Okay?"

"Okay." She almost whispered.

Relief over took me and I almost smiled. "Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?"

She sniffled, "No he didn't hurt me, but Daddy you promised me he couldn't take me. YOU PROMISED!" She broke out in a sob. I instantly felt bad, I wish I could just be there and hug her.

"I know, Sweetie. He didn't take you though, they didn't let him." I said calmly to her.

"Daddy, can you come home please? I'm REALLY SCARED!" She continued to cry.

I started to get tears in my eyes. The guys noticed and Jimmy pulled the phone out of my grip. He walked in the back of the bus to talk to her. I placed my hands on my face. Matt patted my back. "It's okay, man."

"No it fucking isn't! My little girl is scared to death and I can't go home to be with her!" I stood up and walked off of the bus slamming the door in process. I pulled my cigarette's out and lit one up. I took a long drag and exhaled. It helped me relax a little bit.

The door opened and Jimmy walked out. "I talked to the guys about something and they agree."

"What is it?" I asked while taking another hit of my smoke.

Jimmy put his hand on my shoulder, "Let's have Suzy fly Baby Gates out here. I know road life isn't good for her, but it's better than having a chance of John getting her. What do you think?"

I took a second to think about it and I nodded. "Alright, but how is Skye going to fly out here? She's 7."

He chuckled. "I was getting to that. Val said she would fly out to California and fly back, so none of us had to miss a show."

"Is Matt okay with that?" I asked him while putting my cigarette out.

Jimmy nodded, "Yep, it was his idea actually."

I took a deep breath. "Alright, let's do it then." He grinned and I followed him back on the bus.

Matt looked up at me, "Do you agree with it?" I nodded.

He smiled, "Good because this is what's best for Skye. Why don't you call her with the good news." I smiled thinking to myself how happy she's going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following who left comments:
Star Angel
PonAndZiFan
honey10159
shortygirl
Miss.CorrCorr
MrsChristX
You guys are awesome! :) I just want to let everyone know that I have a goal, which is to get 100 comments on this story. I'm not sure how long it will take but, I'm going for it. :)

500 readers! <3

Image You guys fuckin' rock! Thank you all! <3