Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

23; Haner Blood

Brian's POV

The Doctor told me that Skylar was sedated now, but we could go in and see her anytime. I walked back into the waiting room and just stood there. How the hell was I going to tell the guys this? Jimmy looked up at me worriedly, "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Val agreed with him, "Yeah, Bri. I think you need to sit down."

I sat between Matt and Jimmy. Zacky and Johnny who were sitting on the other side of the room walked over to us probably to find out what the Doctor told me. Matt spoke up, "So what'd the Doc say?"

My mouth opened but, no words came out. I could feel myself getting chocked up. I took a breath to steady myself. "I don't know how to say this." I said truthfully.

Zacky frowned, "Just say it. You're starting to scare us, man."

I drew in another breath before saying the words no parent in their entire life should ever have to say. "H-he raped her." I couldn't hold it in anymore, I just started sobbing like a little baby.

Jimmy wrapped his arms around my shoulders and I cried on his shoulder. All of the guys gave me supportive gestures and I was trying to calm myself.

"Now I know why that fucker killed himself." Zack thought out loud.

Johnny agreed, "Yeah, because he knew Brian would fucking kill him, so he did himself."

I raised my head from Jimmy's shoulder. "I wish he was still alive so I could of killed him. I would of tortured that mother fucker! How could anyone do that to an innocent 7 year old?! She's just a kid, now she has to live with this for the rest of her life. I don't even know what to say to her.. She's going to be traumatized for life." I buried my head in my knees.

Matt rubbed my back trying to soothe me, "It's going to be tough, but we're here for you man."

Johnny butted in, "Yeah, Dude. We'll be here to help you along the way."

I took a deep breath and sat up. "You guys wanna go in with me to see her?"

They all agreed so, we headed down the hallway to the room the doctor told me she was in. I got to the door and I put my hand on the handle. I stood there for a second, trying to brace myself. Jimmy put a hand on my shoulder to show that he was there for me.

I gave him a nod and I opened the door. I walked inside and spotted Skylar laying on a hospital bed with a few bandages on her head. She was sleeping as the Doctor said she would. I got closer and saw the bruises on her face.

I put a fist to my mouth to prevent any unwanted sobbing noises to come out. The Doctor entered and he was started looking over some tests or something. I wasn't even paying attention to him, I was too busy seeing the damage the bastard did to my Daughter.

The Doctor lifted her arm and I seen a bruise on her wrist. It was the shape of a hand. I couldn't take it anymore. I ran out of the room and leaned up against the wall. I kept taking several breaths, trying to calm myself but, nothing was working.

The door opened and I figured it would be Jimmy or Matt, but Zacky walked out. It kind of shocked me, because Zacky wasn't the comforting type. Is someone was upset about something, he would take them to the bar to drown their sorrows.

He put a hand on my shoulder, "I know how you feel, dude. I'm the one who found her. When I saw her laying there, so lifeless. I really thought.." He started to get chocked up. "I really thought she was dead for a minute, until I found her pulse. Brian, I know I'm not good at these kinds of things, but I'm here for you and Skye. It's going to be hard, but she'll get through it. She's got Haner blood running through her veins."

I actually managed to get a half smile out. Zacky is better at this than he thinks he is. I rubbed my eyes to prevent tears leaking. "I just feel so fucking bad right now. She's my Daughter. I'm suppose to protect her, but I didn't. This is all of my fault." I let myself slide down the wall till my butt hit the ground.

Zack dropped to his knees, "Brain. Do not blame yourself for this. This is not your fault!"

I shook my head, "But it is. It's my job to protect her, Zack. Look at her now, I shouldn't of let that happen to her. I should of kept a better eye on her, I-"

He cut me off, "Bri. We had no clue that Michelle would just up and take her. No one would of guessed she would do something like this, so it's not your fault. Please, stop blaming yourself. I can't stand to see you like this."

I was about to say something, but got cut of by Jimmy walking out of the room with a huge smile on his face. "She's awake!" I jumped to my feet and rushed past Jimmy. When I got to her bed, Jimmy was right. She looked up at me and managed to smile, "Daddy!"

Everything that I was feeling seemed to disappear. All that I cared about now was that she was okay. I leaned down and kissed her forehead, "I'm sorry for letting John do this to you. I'm so sorry, but I'm so glad you're okay now."

I pulled away and she looked up at me confused, "Who's John?"

The guys and I looked at each other not understanding. I frowned and looked back at Skye, "You don't remember? What's the last thing you remember Skye?"

She thought about it and then said, "You said I couldn't leave the bus, so I played the box while you left. I can't remember anything else. Why what happened Daddy?"

I looked at Matt, "Go get the Doctor." He nodded and walked out of the room quickly. I grabbed Skye's hand. "Sweetie, you don't know who John is?" I asked to be sure.

She shook her head and frowned. "No, who is he?"

I avoided the question by asking her another question. "Do you remember your Mom?"

She looked really confused. "No. I just remember being with you, why is something wrong with me?" She asked getting worried.

I kissed her hand, "Nothing is wrong with you Baby. Don't worry."

The Doctor came in and did an examination on her. I stepped out in the hall with him after so, he could tell me what was wrong with her.

He put his pen in his jacket, "From the looks of it, between her head trauma and her mind having to deal with all of this, her head has completely blocked out everything that hurt her."

I cocked an eyebrow at him, "Wait, so she won't remember anything that happened to her before I got her?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. I mean this could just be temporary. Tomorrow she could remember, or months later. Or she could never remember it, but either way you I think you should explain to her what happened."

"Wait, you want me to explain to my Daughter that she got raped by some psycho?!" I asked, with my voice starting to raise.

He sighed, "Mr. Haner, I'm only saying it's best that you did, but you're her Parent. You don't have to if you don't want to."

I walked back in the room and took a deep breath. Jimmy was tickling her sides and she was laughing and giggling so loud. She had the biggest smile on her face. Right then, I knew there was no way I could explain that to her.

I set on the foot of her bed. Jimmy stopped tickling her and she looked up at me, "Daddy, what happened to me?"

"Someone bad hurt you, that's all you need to know, but you're safe now." I said while giving her foot a squeeze.

The guys gave me a disapproving look, but I just shrugged it off. Skye nodded, "Okay, but Daddy?" She asked and I looked back down at her, "Yeah, Baby?"

"Can I go home now?" She asked sounding upset.

I sighed, "No, you have to stay the night to make sure you're okay. "

She groaned and looked at the guys, "Are you staying with me?"

I smiled, "Of course, sweetheart."

All of the guys agreed and she looked at me again, "Daddy, can you go get Pinkly?"

That made me chuckle. "Skye, I don't think you can have-"

The door opened and the Berry's walked in and smiled at Skye, "Skylar! Hey!" Jason grinned.

Skye frowned, "Hi."

Matt Berry chuckled, "She still doesn't like you, dude."

He shrugged, "She'll like me when she sees what I brought her." He opened up his coat and revealed a white fluff ball. I shook my head as Pinkly jumped out of his coat onto the bed.

"Pinkly!" Skye almost screamed and hugged her close to her body.

I smiled at her reaction and realized things were starting to look up for us now. I just hope Skye doesn't have to relive this horrible nightmare ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm having an epilogue and we're done! (:

Sequel will be up right after I post the epilogue.

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
Star Angel
babygurl94512
Krysanthemum22
Levitate6661
LittleRedRiddingHood
shortygirl
honey10159
Miss.CorrCorr
shasha24
JennyLynn2012
greendayrox123
PonAndZiFan
You guys seriously make my day! Thank you so much!