Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

04; I Miss Her

Brian's POV

My bladder woke me up in the middle of the night. I let a grunt out before walking down the hallway to my bathroom. I got in and noticed the clock said 1:35am. I rolled my eyes before taking a whiz. I flushed the toilet and walked out of the bathroom. I was about to head back to my room when I heard whimpers coming from Skye's room. I walked into and I saw her moving around on the bed and whimpering. I knew that she was having a Nightmare.

I sat on the bed and grabbed her shoulders to get her to stop moving, "Skye." I said once and she still kept whimpering.

"Skylar, wake up honey." I tried a second time and she opened her eyes. She almost screamed when she saw me. I caressed her face, "Shh.. It's just me." She just looked down at the bed.

I rubbed her shoulder, "Did you have a bad dream?"

She nodded and I pushed more on the subject, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Skye looked up at me afraid, "I'm not suppose to say anything."

"What do you mean?" I asked slightly confused.

She looked down at the bed, "John said that I was never to say anything to anyone about what he did to me." My jaw tightened at his name. So she had a nightmare about him, now I really wish I would of killed him.

I looked down at her, "Skye. Honey, you got to tell me what he did. I need to know so, I can protect you from him."

"No! He'll kill you!" She exclaimed looking up at me with fear burning her eyes.

"He won't touch me. I can take care of myself, don't try to protect me sweetie. I'm suppose to be protecting you." I explained to her in a calmly manner.

She looked up at me with tears filling her eyes, "He hurt me."

I clenched my jaw, "How did he hurt you?"

"He would kick me in my ribs all of the time. He pushed me down stairs a lot. He would make me stay in the room with him whenever he watched me. I could never play with my toys, and If I didn't do what he said, he would give me a bath; a hot bath." She explained while a few tears streaked her cheek.

I wiped them off with the pads of my thumbs, "Honey. Where was your Mom when he did this to you?"

She shrugged, "I don't know. She always left me with him, all of the time. She told me that he was my Father, and when that lady told me she died, I knew I was going to have to spend the rest of my life with him."

I picked her up and pulled her on my lap, "I'm your Father, and no one will take you away from me." She buried her head in my chest, probably to hide her tears.

We sat there for a little bit and she looked up at me, "Is it bad that I miss her?"

I shook my head, "Not at all. She was your Mother."

She nodded, "I would get so mad when she would take me to his house. I would always ask to spend the day with her but, she said that she did grown up stuff, and I wasn't allowed. I wish I could of told her what John did to me, but I was afraid John would kill her."

I kissed her forehead, "I know Baby. The important thing now is that you're safe, and he won't hurt you ever again." She buried her head in my chest again. This time I laid down on the bed with her. I rubbed circles on her back and she soon fell back asleep.

The next morning I woke up and Skye was still sleeping. I got off of the bed quietly and headed to my room to get my phone. I grabbed it and immediately dialed Matt's number.

He picked up, "I fucking hate you dude."

I rolled my eyes knowing he was talking about Michelle, "Sorry man, We need to talk."

He got worried, "What about? Is something wrong with Skye?"

"No, just round the guys up and come to my house. Oh and bring Val so she can watch Skye." I explained he understood. I hung up and walked into the hallway. Skye just walked out and seen me.

I smiled at her, "Hey. The guys and Val are going to come over. I have to talk to the guys about stuff and Val will watch you, okay?" She nodded and we headed downstairs.

I fed her some breakfast and I heard loud footsteps coming from the door. Right away I knew that was Jimmy. He entered the Kitchen, "SKYE BEAR!" He pretty much tackled her to the ground and Matt walked in. He gave me a look of wonder and I just nodded.

Val walked in and Matt nudged her. She got the message and walked over to Skye and Jimmy, "Alright Jim, hand her over." He frowned and handed Skye to Val.

She looked at Skye, "How about we get you changed and I can do your hair all pretty, that sound good?" Skye smiled and nodded. They headed upstairs while we went down into my basement. I made sure I shut the door and we all sat down on the chairs.

Matt looked at me, "What's going on, dude?"

"We need to bring the business back." I simply stated.

Zacky looked at me, "You sure, Dude? We're like famous now, what if someone finds out?"

Johnny agreed, "We'd been in prison for life bro."

Jimmy wasn't too happy either, "Why mess our lives up now? We have the perfect life."

I looked at Matt and he knew exactly why I wanted to bring back. He looked at them, "He wants to kill that fucker that hurt Skye, and you know once we do that we'll have to protect her, so no one finds out."

Jimmy changed his mind, "Well fuck, then I'm all for it."

The other guys agreed and Matt looked at me, "You know once we start it up again there's no going back." It was a simple price to pay but it was for a hell of a good reason.

I nodded, "Anything for Skye."
♠ ♠ ♠
So what exactly is this 'business' they're talking about?

Thanks to the readers and Subscribers!

Also thanks to:
Hazel Night and thisxchicksxnotxokay for leaving a comment!

You guys are amazing! &lt;3