Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

05; Think This Through

Brian's POV

We headed back upstairs and I walked into the Living Room where Val was watching TV with Skye. Matt looked at Val, "Can I talk to you in the Kitchen?" Val seemed confused but nonetheless followed him into the Kitchen. Jimmy immediately took Val's spot and started chatting with Skye. Jimmy was the only one who could really keep a conversation going with her.

"Brain! Get your butt in this Kitchen, now!" I heard Val yell and I knew she didn't like the idea.

I walked into the Kitchen and she slapped my head. I glared at her, "Ow!"

She crossed her arms, "Are you stupid? You can't do this, Brian. If someone finds out, you're dead."

I rubbed the place on my head she just slapped and sighed, "Val. I'm doing this for Skye."

"Oh, so you're doing it because you love her and you want to protect her right?" She asked finally understanding. I nodded, "Exactly."

She turned her head to the side, "So what exactly is she going to think when your in Prison and can't be here to protect her."

"That's not going-" She cut me off, "Don't even say it won't happen, because you guys almost got caught last time, that's why you ended it." I sighed and just stood there.

Val walked over to me and put her hands on my shoulders, "Bri, you're my best friend, you have been since 10th grade. I know you think that in your heart this is the best way to protect her, but it's not. Take him to court and put him in Jail, that way you're still protecting her."

I shook my head, "No, she'll have to testify and I don't want her reliving that. Val, I understand what you're trying to do and I appreciate it, but it's not going to change my mind."

Matt butted in, "Hey listen, how about instead of jumping back into the mob business we just go over there and kick his ass. After we're done with him, he won't dare to come near her."

Val sighed, "Even though I'm not happy with that either, it's better than getting back into the mob. What do you say Brian?" She looked at me waiting for an answer.

I nodded, "Alright, I guess that's good enough."

We decided that we were going to his place tonight while Skye stayed with Val at Matt's house. Val packed some of her stuff up and we all headed to Matt's house. We walked inside and I completely forgot about Michelle being here.

She stood up, "Brian."

I looked at her, "I don't have time to talk." She sat back down and I walked over to Skye who plopped herself on the couch. I knelled down, "Skye, your Uncles and I are going to take care of some business, okay?"

Her eyes filled with fear, "No! Don't leave me!" She reached out and wrapped her arms around my neck holding on for dear life. I tried to pry her off, but it wasn't working. Matt came over and helped me. She started crying, "Please."

Matt patted her shoulder, "We'll be right back."

She looked up at me, "Promise?"

I smiled and nodded, "I promise."

She bowed her head, "Okay." I kissed the top of her head, "Be good for Val." She nodded and we all walked to the door. Val kissed Matt and hugged all of us. She looked at me, "I'll call the Berry's up and have Matt come over since Skye loves him." I nodded, "Alright."

We all walked out and Val shouted, "Be careful!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, for the long update. I had some stuff to take care of.

Thanks to:

Hazel Night, laskater87, thisxchicksxnotxokay, and Miss.CorrCorr

Also thanks to the subscribers and readers! &lt;3 You all are amazing! (: