Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

09; Please

Brian's POV

A couple of days passed and I haven't heard from Michelle which is a good thing. She hasn't gotten her stuff out of my house though, so I'm sure I'll have to see her sooner or later. Skye is just a big ball of joy now, she isn't the scared little girl I found. Jimmy thinks he was the one that cracked her shyness, but I think it was just Skye realizing we would never hurt her.

I walked into Matt's kitchen to grab a beer. We were just hanging out at his house. I opened a beer up and Matt walked in, "Sup' Gates."

I raised my beer up, "Nothing much Shads, you?"

He sat down on a bar stool, "Trying to think of new ideas for our new album."

"I thought you were taking a break?" I asked while taking a sip.

He sighed, "I was but, now I'm about to go insane because I have nothing else to do."

I chuckled, "Well I guess that's what we get for being rockstars."

Matt grinned, "It's worth it." He then looked at me, "Hey, I never did ask you. When are you putting Skye in School?"

I slapped my forehead, "Fuck. I forgot she's only 7 years old."

He laughed, "Well you better get her in School soon, don't need you going to jail."

"Jail?" I questioned him.

Matt nodded, "Yeah you could go to jail for not sending your kid to School. It's called Truancy or some shit like that."

I was shocked, I didn't know that. I looked at him, "Tell Jimmy to bring Skye in here. I'll tell her now." He nodded and stood up, "Jimmy! Bring Baby Gates in here!" He shouted.

I rolled my eyes at the fact that he stood up just to scream. Soon Jimmy entered with Skye on his back giggling. She spotted me, "Hi, Daddy." I smiled, "Hey Skye Baby."

Jimmy set her on the counter and everyone else entered. Nosy fucks. I looked down at Skye, "Sweetie I have to tell you something."

She looked up at me curiously, "What is it, Daddy?"

"Well since you're only 7 years old, I have to sign you up for School." I tried to say it in a very calmly manner. I was expected her to have no big deal with it, but boy was I wrong.

"NO!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

I got worried, "Skye what's the matter? It's just School.."

She shook her head, "No! I don't wanna go, Daddy please don't make me!"

Jimmy stepped forward, "Butter cup, you have to go to school. It's the law."

Skye actually started crying. Zack walked over to her, "Baby Gates. It's not that bad, trust me. You're going to be in the second grade, you'll be fine."

She shook her head, "No!"

It was Matt's turn to try, "Skye. You're going and that's final." He tried being the strict one, but that just made her cry even more. Johnny walked over to her, "Hey Shortie. It's not that bad."

She looked up at me and reached her arms out. I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck squeezing tightly like she did when John was trying to talk to her. She was afraid. She cried onto my shoulder, "Daddy! Please! Don't make me go."

I looked at the guys and they sighed. I patted her back, "Shh.. It's okay, you don't have to go."

She somewhat relaxed but, was still crying. I didn't know what to do. What am I going to force her to go and see her cry? I can't stand to see her cry.

Jimmy walked over to us, "Come on, Baby Gates. Let's go finish our game." She crawled into his arms and they left the room. I leaned against the counter and sighed.

Matt looked at me, "Why do you think she acted like that?"

I shrugged, "I'm not sure, but I need to find out."

Zack butted in, "What are you going to do until then?"

"You seen how she was, do you really think I can send her to School like that?" I asked.

Johnny grabbed a beer out of the fridge, "Anyone with a heart wouldn't send their kid to School like that."

Matt protested, "She needs to go to School though."

Val walked in, "She could always be home schooled."

I was about to say something when we heard Skye's piercing cries from the Living Room. I rushed in there and Jimmy looked at me, scared shitless. "She spilled juice all over her hands and I told her that she was going to have to take a bath. She fuckin' flipped."

I rushed over to her and pulled her into my arms. I patted her back, "Shh.. It's okay, you're not going to take a bath. Uncle Jimmy was just kidding. No one is ever going to hurt you again."
♠ ♠ ♠
So why doesn't Skye want to go to school?

Thanks to the following who left comments:
PonAndZiFan
honey10159
thisxchicksxnotxokay
Star Angel
You guys rock! <3 Also thanks to the subscribers & readers!