Status: Active. Comments make me a very happy writer! <3

Almost Lover

My Back Is Turned On You

I’ve never felt that great in my life. I don’t really understand how, seeing as I’m kind of a whore, but dammit it was amazing. I was already panting before Asher even got anywhere near that spot. A little bit of me was freaking out, cause I’m a little bitch like that, but I’m so fucking glad I didn’t stop him. I was the one who suggested something suggestive. I did start it. I wanted to mess around with Asher. It’s different with him than anyone else though. I wouldn’t have let that happen if we weren’t as close as we are now.
I turned over to look at my boyfriend. He winked at me, causing a discrete blush to cover my cheeks. I don’t think Asher noticed though. He will normally point out my blushing, and be a douche about it. It’s okay though, I do the same thing to him. We’re just cool like that. I was still trying to come down off of my amazing high he put me on. Asher went to the bathroom to take care of his problem and he just returned a minute or so ago. It didn’t take him long, which made me smirk.
“I’m sorry that I couldn’t uh….you know.” I rambled.
Asher laughed and shook his head.
“It’s fine, Stryk. Honestly,” He smiled widely at me. “I’m just glad that you were enjoying it as much as I was.”
“You enjoy that?”
“Don’t make it sound like that.” Asher rolled his eyes. “You’d be surprised what you find out that you’ll enjoy.”
“Oh…” I trailed off. “That was amazing though,”
“Thanks, babe.”
“No, thank you,” I winked back at him. “I’m gonna clean up, okay?”
“Yeah, do whatever. I’m going to text Izzy, and meet over at her house.”
I sighed.
“Alright.”
I want to tell Izzy, I really do, but I don’t want to see her reaction. I don’t really want to see anyone’s reaction. I know that I have to tell my mom, that’s a given. She’s just been the only other person in my life that I depend on. She’s my best friend. She has been working two jobs so that I don’t have to. It’s sweet that she’s thinking of me, but sometimes I wish that she would stop trying to do so much at once.
I got up from the bed, and I grabbed my clothes from his floor. I jumped in the shower quickly, only washing my body. When I was done, I put back on my clothes. Thank God Asher threw my boxers off before I ruined them. I was fully dressed again, and I tried to comb through my ridiculous hair. It was sticking up in all different directions. I chuckled, and put some of his hairspray into my hair before walking out of the room. Asher had already managed to change his sheets and was no where to be found.
Being the bored person I am, I sat down in his computer chair. I turned on his computer, and tried to sign into his computer. It didn’t work. That confused me a little bit. Asher’s password has been Johnny Depp since I could remember. It’s weird that he changed it. What kind of fuckery is this? I don’t want to be a nosey boyfriend, but come on! Why in the hell would he change his password? It just doesn’t make sense.
I tried his parent’s names, even his own name. Then I started to work on his celebrity crushes names. None of them worked, and I wanted to smash my head into a wall. It didn’t really work. It was making me beyond mad. I hate when he does stuff like that. I started to randomly type in our friend’s names. I don’t know what made me think that they would work, but they didn’t. Then I tried my name. To my surprise the timer on the mouse showed up soon followed by his background. His background went from being his picture with Ariel, he has an weird obsession with that mermaid, at Disney World this past summer to us recently. I smiled at the screen.
I didn’t even notice the little window that happened to be minimized until a notification popped up. Asher had a new email. I furrowed my brows, and I let the curiosity get the better of me. I pulled open the window to his email. I know that this is perfectly illegal, but I really don’t care. It’s just Asher. I felt my heart beat speeding up, and not in a good way. Asher had a new email from Dylan. From the looks of it, they’ve been keeping in touch through emailing. It makes me really wonder what else has been going on that I don’t know about.
I clicked on the new email, and I nearly smiled when I read it from the beginning.

Asher why aren’t you talking to me? I don’t understand what I did wrong?

Trust me you didn’t do anything wrong. I just sort of not feeling this anymore.

why not? We had a lot of fun ;)

yeah it was fun while it lasted but come on. You know that it wouldn’t last forever.

I thought that maybe we were getting somewhere.

You’re a pretty and nice guy, but there is someone else

It’s that tall ass friend of yours isn’t it? God I’m stupid.

Yeah he’s pretty special.

I smiled at Asher’s compliment toward me, but I read the newest message.

When he breaks your heart don’t come crying back to me.
I shook my head and I minimized the page before logging out of his computer.
“Hey, Stryk, are you ready?” Asher asked, walking back into the room.
“Yeah,” I smiled and nodded. “Where did you go?”
“I can’t have my mom doing my laundry. Then she will definitely know that something went down up here.”
“She knows that you have sex, Ash.”
“Yeah, but she also knows that you’re the only person that has been up here in forever.”
I bit my lip, and nodded.
“That makes more sense.” I replied, standing up.
“My parent’s are downstairs.” Asher warned before we both started toward the door. He walked out of the house first, and lead the way over toward Izzy’s house. I stayed behind him. I tried my best to seem as normal as humanly possible.
“Hey Asher! Nice to see you again, Stryker,” Izzy’s dad complimented. I never can freaking remember his name.
“Hey,” Asher and I said in unison. “Where’s Isabella?”
“She’s in her bedroom. She’s been spending more time than normal up there. I think she’s having boy problems.” Her dad stated, looking right at Asher. “I can trust that you will not make her feel worse?”
“I’ll try my best, Chris.” Asher replied.
“Me too…Sir,” I added with a small smile.
Chris smiled and nodded his head toward the girl’s bedroom up the stairs. Asher and I practically ran up them, trying to get out of sight. Her bedroom door was closed and no one else was in sight. I looked over at Asher and he turned his head toward me. He stole a quick kiss before the two of us started to knock on Izzy’s bedroom door. Seconds later, she opened the door. She smiled at Asher, but rolled her eyes at me. Nevertheless, she let the two of us in her room before she sat back down on her bed with a notebook and a pen.
“We…wanted to talk to you, Iz.” Asher started out.
“I’m really sorry about being mean to you at the bowling alley.” I stated. She made eye contact with me, but said nothing. “It’s just…it’s hard to explain this, Izzy. I…I’m protective okay? I don’t want you to get hurt and I don’t want Asher to keep leading you on.”
Asher took a deep breath.
“I’m really sorry too, Iz. I didn’t mean to do all of those things in front of you. I had no idea that you still liked me. I wouldn’t have ever been so comfortable in front of you if I had. You’re one of my girl best friends. I need you in my life, and I can’t let you be as close as we normally are. Does that make sense?”
“You told him?” Izzy asked, looking right at me. The girl looked like she was about to cry. I wanted to run away. Girls are fucking psycho when they cry or when they’re upset. It’s safe to be hundreds of miles away from them. They’re like a ticking time bomb. “How could you, Stryker? I thought that it would stay between us?”
“Stryker didn’t have to tell me, Iz,” Asher cut in. “Apparently our whole group knows. I’m just too stupid to realize what I’ve been doing to you. I’m really sorry for that.”
“But Stryker pointed it out to you,” She sniffled, a tear falling down her cheek.
“I had to, Izzy.” I replied. “I couldn’t stand by and let it happen, especially since you were all over him.”
Izzy laughed at me.
“You sound just like Asher’s jealous boyfriend.” She stated, nearly smiling. I looked over at Asher. It was like he was reading my mind. He nodded and gingerly took my wrist in his hand. Asher slid his hand lower, and slipping his fingers between mine. I squeezed his hand for support and so that I wouldn’t run away. Mostly so that I wouldn’t run away. Izzy seemed to notice the small gesture, and her eyes grew the size of saucers before she shook her head. “No, you’re kidding me, right?”
I bit my lip and shook my head.
“Iz, Stryker is my boyfriend, and yeah he got a little jealous.” Asher stated.
“How in the fuck did that happen?” Izzy asked while she squashed her eyebrows together in confusion. “Styker’s straight.”
“I don’t think I am, Izzy.” I laughed. “I’ve been with this guy on and off for a month or so.”
“A month and a week,” Asher corrected under his breathe. “I know that this is a lot to take in…”
“Fuck yeah, it is.” She stated, crossing her arms.
“But please…just…lay off? Stryker’s already having a hard enough time as it is accepting our relationship. I’m actually being patient with him. We want this one to work out, Iz. For our sake and yours…please lay off some? I adore you, Izzy, you know that. I just don’t want anyone to mess this up.”
I rubbed my thumb across the back of his hand.
“We’re not asking you two to stop being friends.” I jumped in. “Just stop getting dressed in the same places, and stop hugging so much. My poor heart can’t take it.” I joked, but I was almost serious. I couldn’t honestly take her all over him all of the time.
“You’re actually serious about Asher?” Izzy asked me, her blue eyes burning into my own. I nodded my head. “How serious?”
“We want this to last for a while, Iz. We don’t expect to break up anytime soon.” Asher replied. “I hope you’re okay with this.”
Izzy slowly nodded and stood up to hug both of us.
“I’m okay with it. As long as you’re both happy,”
“Incredibly happy,” I replied with a smile at her.
“Extremely happy,” Asher added, looking at me.
“Fine, I’m happy.” She laughed, whipping away her left-over tears.
“Thanks, just…don’t tell anyone.” Asher warned. “We’re not ready for that yet,”
“You have my word.” Izzy replied.
It wasn’t as hard as I thought that it would be. Asher and I looked at each other before looking back at Izzy. I was still a little un-easy about what she had said. Especially after what she pulled the other day with Asher. I don’t know if I could actually trust that her words were true. Izzy might be different from other girls but she is still a girl. I can’t really trust girls as far as I can throw them…which isn’t very far.
“Sorry to dash off like is…but we’ve kind of have to go.” Asher stated. “Are you okay?”
“I’m fine.” The girl smiled. “Where are you two going?”
“To talk to my mom,” I sighed in response.
“Hey, Stryker, can I talk to you for a minute?” Izzy asked me. I looked over at Asher. He smiled before pecking my lips lightly.
“Go on,” He whispered . His hand lingered in mine a minute before he let go and walked out of the room.
I turned around to look at the blonde. Her hands were clasped in her lap.
“Sup, Izzy?”
“I must look pretty stupid to you, don’t I?” I didn’t really know how to answer her question. “I can’t believe that I let myself fall for him, and then ignore what you said. I’m sorry, Stryker, I honestly am.”
I smiled at her lightly.
“It’s okay,”
“No, it isn’t. Not really. I don’t think that I would be as okay with this as you,”
“But you’re not me, Izzy.” I replied. “I get where you’re coming from, and I understood the situation. It’s not easy watching someone all over the person you care about,”
“You do care about him, don’t you?” She smiled at me.
I knew that I got a goofy smile and a slight blush spread across my face.
“I really do,” I replied.
“Good,” She stated. “Don’t let him go, baby cakes.”
“I’ll try my best.” I sighed before hugging her one last time. I met Asher out in the hall. He looked bored, but a smile instantly came to his face when I appeared. I hope he knows that I react the same exact way when I see him as he does when he sees me. It makes me feel special that such an amazing guy chose to be with me instead of sex with a douche bag. I know because of that, I have a special place in his heart above anyone else. He makes me feel like no one else has ever made me feel before.
Asher and I slipped out of her house without being seen. Her dad just called for us to come back again sometime soon, and we went on with our business. As soon as Asher and I were a house or so away from his house, his fingers slid themselves between the spaces on my own hand. I smiled over at him, and he returned the smile. For some reason, after telling Izzy, I feel so much better. I know that that feeling will be even stronger after I tell my own mom. I don’t know how she will react, and I’m honestly slightly scared. I don’t want her to hate me for being with Asher. That wouldn’t be fair to me, and it certainly wouldn’t be fair to Asher.
“Are you sure you want to do this?” Asher stopped and asked me as we were right outside of my house.
I nodded, and looked at my house before looking at him.
“Yeah, besides, I’m the one who suggested it.” I replied. “Are you sure you want to do this?”
Asher shrugged.
“I mean…I don’t want your mom looking at us differently.” He admitted. “Even if she is okay, she will look at us differently, Stryk. You do know that right?”
“Yeah, I do.” I answered him. “I, mean… I never expected this to be easy.”
“Okay.” Asher nodded before letting go of my hand. “Is she home yet?”
I placed my hand up to my forehead to block the sun. I checked for her car in the driveway, hidden from Asher’s view.
“Yeah, she’s inside.”
“Great. Let’s do this.” He sighed. Asher lead the way up the stairs and right into my house without knocking. “Hey, Shelley! It’s us,”
“In the living room!” She yelled back. I grabbed Asher for a quick kiss, reassuring myself before we walked into the living room. My mom was watching one of her soap opera’s that she had recorded earlier in the week.
“Can I talk to you?” I asked.
“No ‘hey mom, how was work? Do your feet hurt? Are you tired?’.” She playfully mocked.
“Hey mom,” I rolled my eyes. “Can I please talk to you?”
“Sure, just wait a few more minutes…or until a commercial,” I rolled my eyes.
She sighed, and picked up the remote to pause the show.
“Yes, Stryker? You now have my undivided attention.” My mom announced.
“Will you promise not to freak out?” I asked carefully.
“Yes….”
“Will you promise to try to look past this?”
“I will try…what’s going on?” She asked, looking worried. “Holy crap! You got some girl pregnant, didn’t you?!”
“What?! No, mom…listen to me,” I nearly shouted.
She pouted and sat back in her couch. Asher and I stood awkwardly in front of the TV now.
“Okay…I’m listening.”
“You’ve always told me to follow my heart,”
“Yes?”
“And to not care what other people think about me, cause you didn’t when you were my age.”
“I did,” She agreed.
“You helped me understand that Asher was still Asher even if he’s gay.”
“I know this, Stryker.” She sighed heavily. “Will you please get to the point?”
“W-what if…” I trailed off. I stole a quick glance at Asher before looking back at my mom. “What i-if I told you that I’m….uh…into dudes?” I stuttered. My mom’s face looked completely and utterly shocked. I can’t really blame her. When you have a son like me, and he says something like that, you tend not to understand. I have a reputation, obviously. Even my own mother knows how popular I am with girls…particularly the slutty ones. “Wh-at if I told you that…that…I-I’m d-ating Asher?” I continued to stammer.
“You’re what?” She nearly whispered, looking between the two of us.
“We’re dating,” Asher cut in.
“I heard him.” My mom sighed, looking at me. “Are you sure you’re just not confused? You know that people like to experiment,”
“Mom…I’m with him,” I said, stopping my nervous stutter. “We’re dating. We’re…boyfriends.”
“How did this happen?” She asked, looking between the two of us. “You’re kidding me right? This is all some big joke?”
“What? No!” I nearly yelled again. “Why would you ask me that, mom?”
She sighed.
“I’m just…wow…”
“I needed to tell you,” I cut in. “It was eating at me, mom. You and Asher have always been the two most important people in my life. You can’t help who you fall for. Even if it is my best friend. He’s…mine.” I shrugged. I felt Asher squeeze my shoulder lightly.
“I…I need some time to take in this information.” She sighed, looking between us.
“I won’t hurt him, Shelley.” Asher cut in. “I promise you that. He means the world to me,”
“Right.” She nodded and took a deep breath. “I’m going to finish the soap in my room. I think that I need to lay down.”
“Mom…”
“Stryker…don’t.” She shook her head. “Now’s not the time, honey.”
I didn’t say anything else to her as she walked away from us and nearly slammed her door. I jumped a little bit, but Asher wrapped both arms around me, pulling me in for a hug.
“It’s okay,” He promised. “She’ll come around.”
“Then why does it feel like she won’t?” I questioned.
“She’s alright with me being gay, right? How could she not be okay with you being gay?”
“I guess it’s different when it’s her own child, Asher.”
“Well it shouldn’t be, that’s stupid.”
“I can’t help the way she feels,” I sighed, hugging him closer to me. I rested my forehead against his shoulder, which is a little harder for me. I’m only an inch or so shorter than him. It makes kissing him easier, but hugging harder for us. “I feel like I’m the biggest disappointment ever,”
“Just because you have feelings for me doesn’t make you a disappointment. You’re mom should be thrilled that you haven’t knocked up some bimbo, and that you’re actually taking this relationship seriously.”
“That’s nice and all, but do you want to tell her that? Cause I really don’t want to. I don’t want to be around her right now.” I huffed. I let go of him, and quickly sat down on the couch. I propped my elbows on my knees and buried my face in my hands. I heard Asher move, and seconds later, he was pulling my face from my hands.
“You’re still you, Stryk.” He stated, looking right into my eyes. “She just needs some time, just like you did. Remember yourself a month ago? You couldn’t even admit that you were gay, let alone be okay with being so close to me. Look at us now, babe. We told Izzy and we just told your mom. We’re getting somewhere in our relationship. That’s all that matters to me. We’re growing as a couple.” He smiled a goofy smile. “I’m proud to call you mine. No one can take that away; not your mom, or Izzy or Crazy Jerry at the gas station. No one,”
I smiled a little bit.
“I’m lucky to call you mine.” I replied, kissing his lips softly.
“I am lucky too,” Asher replied.
“Can I stay with you for a few days just until everything chills out a little bit?” I asked him.
Asher kissed me again before pulling away to smile at me.
“Of course.”
He doesn’t realize how happy he makes me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I LOVE This chapter.

Please leave me tons of comments???? <3

xoxo Rae