Status: Updating regularly again! :)

Running Rainbows

Chpt.11

I found it amazing, how Josh could make it all Okay. With a touch, a kiss, or one of his amazing speeches, that leave you wondering where this guy has been you’re whole life... of course, Josh has always been right beside me, I had just been too nervous around him to see it before. The day after the day I broke down in school, I got a ton of e-mails, texts, and even a couple calls, from people apologising. I of course told every single one of them it was fine, I was fine, and Josh was the best guy anyone in the world could get. I just so happened to be lucky enough to have him
I liked that Josh would lie in bed with me. It made me feel safe, and I liked that I could just reach out and touch him, at anytime I needed to know he was there. I loved the way he made me feel in general. I thought back to last night, when he had just crawled into my bed, without me even asking. Not realising it would offend him, I rolled over on my back, and tried to go to sleep, an easy task when I was with him.
“Sorry Han, I thought- I...I’ll just go to my own bed. Sorry, I just...-” He said, sounding embarrassed and hurt. “No Josh! Don’t leave, please! Why would you think I want you to leave?” I asked, confused, turning around and grabbing his arm gently. “I don’t know, just when I sat down, you turned away from me, like you didn’t want me here or something,” he said, looking down at his lap, sitting on the side of my bed. “Oh Josh! I just rolled over to try to get comfortable! Please stay! I like having you here with me,” I said, coming off as somewhat frantic. “Okay, sorry I’m acting so dumb,” he said, with a sheepish smile, laying back down. “You’re not dumb,” I giggled, kissing his nose and snuggling into him, his warmth enveloping me. “You’re perfect.”
He leaned down and tried to kiss my mouth, missing and hitting the top corner and my cheek. “Oops,” he giggled, and tried again, this time hitting my lips perfectly. The world started spinning out from underneath me, at the feel of his kiss. Then I started to get dizzy. Like actually dizzy. I pulled out of the kiss, and Josh looked at me, confused. “I have to breathe, stupid,” I laughed, and he laughed too, pulling me into a tight hug and resting his chin on the top of my head. “Oops,” he giggled again. I pulled away gently, trying to look into his eyes. He looked at mine too, though I always found mine to be a dull boring blue, with a hint of green. Josh’s eyes on the other hand were a bright, eccentric blue, total teenage heart-throb material. In them I saw content, love, and admiration. But maybe that was just my own emotions reflecting in his eyes
“You have gorgeous eyes,” Josh said, laying his head down on his pillow, still looking at me on his side. “Naah, mine are boring. You have the amazing eyes here,” I said, truthfully. “Hannah, your eyes are so pretty. They always have been, ever since we were little.” I just laughed and shook my head, seeing no point in arguing with him. I bent to kiss his nose, and at the last minute, he tilted his chin up. kissing me full on the lips. It surprised me, but I ended up just melting into him. When the kiss ended, Josh smirked at me, pulled me down so I was lying down, and fell asleep, just like that. So I just curled up into his arms, that it seemed were made to fit my body perfectly, and fell asleep too.

As I was sitting and daydreaming at the table, Josh came in so quiet, I didn’t even hear him. He sat down in the chair next to me. “What’chya thinking about?” he asked, making me jump. I went red. “Oh, uh, nothing really.” Josh smirked at me, the same smirk that made me weak in the knees. When did I get so cliche? Then he stood up, and kissed my temple. “I’m taking you out tomorrow. But I’m not telling you where. It’s a secret.” He walked towards the door. “I’ll be back in like an hour. I’m going to get stuff for tomorrow. Hey Han?” “Yea?” “You know you can have, like, Bella or Maya or anyone you want over. I don’t care. It’s your house too,” he smiled at me. He could be so sweet. “Thanks Josh!” I yelled out to him as he left. “Love ya!” He called back, letting the door shut. “Love you too,” I said, to him, but really I knew it was too late.

Suddenly Josh dashed back in the door. “Forgot something,” he said, running straight at me. I moved thinking I was in his way, but instead he scooped me up into his arms, and kissed me, then set me down laughing. Then he raced back for the door. “Josh!” He whirled around. “Yeah?” “Love you too,” I smiled at him. He grinned a huge smile, waved and dashed back out the door. I kind of wondered what Josh had in store for tomorrow, if he had to go “get stuff” for it. Just then the phone rang. I looked at the caller i.d- Josh’s cell. “Hello?” “Hey Han, would you umm...pack a bag for if you were going to leave for say, 4 nights, 5 days? Pack warm clothes too, and a bathing suit.” “Josh, will you pleeeeease tell me what we’re doing?” “Nope. It’s a surprise.” I could practically hear his smirk through the phone. “I hate surprises,” I grumbled. “Bye Hannah, I love you.” “Love you too.” I hung up the phone, a while after he did, listening to emptiness and then beeping.

I packed a ton of clothes, and four bathing suits. I packed warm clothes, and clothes for the hot weather in the day. I also packed about 6 pairs of shoes, as well as my hygene products, make-up, and a straightener. Just in case, though Josh made it seem like I wouldn’t be using it anyways. I wondered where he was taking me. Then I got thinking.. My birthday was coming up next week. Did he know? I really didn’t want to make a big deal of it, he didn’t need to do anything at all for my birthday.

When Josh got home that night he told me he had ran into Maggie at a store. I had been talking to her, but rarely saw her. “She said she wanted you to come over for a bit,” he said, mischievously. “Any reason in particular?” “Nope,” he said smirking, “have fun! And stay for like...an hour and a half at least?” He asked, whirling around to wink at me, yet looking hopeful. “Oh, um, okay,” I said, almost hurt by how secretive he was being. I walked towards the door, and gasped when Josh came up behind me, snaking his arms around my waist. “I love you Hannah,” he said against my neck, his deep voice giving me butterflies. “I love you too, Josh,” I said back, practically whispering. He put his lips to my neck, kissing it gently, then turned away, walking into the kitchen. I composed myself, then walked out the door.

My visit with Maggie was nice. She was head over heels for Logan. That was really all she could talk about, and that we were allowed to go see my mom starting in about two weeks. “Hannah, if you don’t want to, don’t feel pressured to. I mean it’s understandable, considering-” “No Maggie, I’ll go. I’d like to see her, she is my mother after all.” “Okay Hannah, just remember, no pressure,” she said smiling. I ended up going shopping with her, and helping her pick out some clothes. I grabbed a really cute pair of sunglasses too, I have a slight obsession with them. After about two hours, I decided to head home.

When I got there, Josh was sleeping on the couch. I laughed at him, then looked around. Almost half the house was packed away somewhere. I looked in the pantry even, and almost all our food was gone. I ran upstairs, and found that Josh had packed up most of his clothes, and a lot of his stuff. I didn’t even try to figure it out. I just went and lied down on the couch beside him. He half opened his eyes, and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me into him so he could bury his face in my hair. I was facing him on the couch, and I lay one palm flat on his chest, secretly wishing he wasn’t wearing a shirt. Before I knew what the other hand was doing, it came up over his shoulder, and around his neck, hugging him tightly. In response he squeezed me into him even tighter, sighing with content, and we both fell asleep.

When we woke up about an hour later, I looked up at Josh, who was playing with my hair. I put my face to his, centimetres away, my head tilted so our lips were just barely touching. When he leaned in, I smiled, pushed myself away from him, and walked into the kitchen. “Tease,” he grumbled. “I told you I hate surprises," I winked and smirked at him from the kitchen doorway. He just shook his head lightly, and smiled a small smile. He turned and started to walk away, then suddenly whirled around, grabbing me, and kissing me. He pushed me backwards until I walked into the table, then lifted me up on top of it, so I was sitting, still kissing him intensely. We pulled away, each gasping for breath. “Oh Hannah,” he moaned lightly, and I grabbed his face, and started kissing again. I ran my hands up his neck, and through his hair. He moaned slightly, and his kisses got more intense, and needy.

RING RING RING! I jumped when the phone rang. Josh groaned, and walked out of the kitchen to answer it. I jumped up and started to make supper. I decided we would have pancakes for supper, who doesn’t love pancakes for supper?! I could faintly hear Josh from the living room. He came back in. “Hannah, that was the urm hospital your mom’s in. I swear I would have handed you the phone, but the lady just started talking as soon as I answered,” he said, with a sorry look in his eyes. “It’s fine Josh, what did she say?” “That you can visit your mom starting on the 30th.” My birthday. “The 30th?” “Yeah. I will take you out on the 31st.” How dare he think he can decide when I get to see my mother?! “Josh I can go see my mother if I choose to! You know what-” “Hannah,” he said softly, “I meant for your birthday. Of course you can go see your mom whenever you want. In fact, you could go see her any day you like, obviously, but it’s just Matt, Bella, Maya, Chad and I were planning something. But I can tell them it’s not the right time, and...yeah.” Oh. I hid my head in my hands. “Sorry Josh, I kind of...sorry.” He pulled me into a tight hug. “Hannah it’s fine, I get it.” “And of course I’d love to go out with you guys,” I said, and he looked down at me and smiled. “Now let’s eat.”

After supper, Josh told me he had to go out again. I frowned, without even realising it. He cupped my face with his hands and looked into my eyes. “For the next five days I will be yours and yours only. I practically won’t even be seeing another human being, other than you. And I wouldn’t want to.” Even though I wanted to be upset with him for leaving me again, I couldn’t. Especially not when he was looking at me with those big, gorgeous blue eyes. “Okay,” I whispered, it was the only thing I could manage to get out of my mouth. After a few hours of him being gone, I fell asleep on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where could Josh be taking Hannah for so long? And what will they do for Hannah's Birthday?! oh the questions we ask ;) And still no comments? Guys, is it really that brutal?! D: