A World Void of Meaning

Night 8

As I rode closer and closer to the light, it got brighter and brighter. The hill got more intimidating as I got closer and I wasn't sure if my wobbling metal board would be able to conquer it. Me being an annoying weaning in real life I'm not to sure if my broken wooden body could conquer it either. The grass here seemed to have gotten thicker and even though the light was almost blinding, the tall grass made it hard to see and the wheels of my skateboard started to get stuck in the grass. Better get off of it before I go flying again.

The hill had more loose dirt on it that anywhere else in this place, every time I take a step on it all I do is get up it a bit then slide back down with a flurry of dust trailing behind me. I tried grabbing onto the grass but I plucked any chuck I grabbed out of the ground when I took a step. With the thunk of my falling backward again, I decided that method of climbing was a fail. I took a minute and looked around. Nothing but tall grass, dark sky, and the eerie quietness that I was welcomed to this world with. I kicked up some dust in frustration and in an instant I found myself flat on the ground. Who knew clumsiness also exists here, guess I should've known that after flying off the bike and breaking my hand. I got up to check what I tripped on. It's like a rope, buried in the ground. I pulled it with my good hand while grounding myself with my feet and with a flying motion the topped catapulted out of the ground. I decided to throw it over the hill, it seemed long enough to reach over the hill maybe get stuck on something if I'm lucky. I chuck the rope a couple times just to hear the thunk echo from the other side and the rope slide like a snake back to my feet. Then as start hear some new noises I listen. Rustling. It sounds as if something's moving on the other side. I give the rope another go and chuck the rope, and it stayed. I tugged the rope, and it didn't slide back. I start to climb the rope and it's still holding up as I climb. A feeling of excitement is choking me from the inside and I'm unable to breathe. The light gets brighter and warmer, pinker also almost a soft peach color. It blinds me as I reach the top.