The Unknown

Chapter 3

Wren moved away just after the New Year started, with no warning, she was gone, it must have been during the night or something because when I went to see her the next morning her dad answered and told me her mom took them away and Jack would be there on weekends. What about Wren? When would my Angel be back?

It was three weeks after I had found out my friend had moved away and there was a loud banging on the front door, startled I looked through the peep hole, it was Jack. I opened the door.
“Hey man” I said rubbing my cheek I hadn’t seen him in three weeks and he felt like a stranger
“Are you coming to the mall, or what?” He grinned; the grin that usually meant Jack was u to something
“Yeah sure” I turned to the living room popped my head around the corner to see my mom on the couch rubbing her baby bump, I spoke quietly to her “Mom, I’m just gonna go to the mall with Jack, is that alright?”
She looked up and smiled, “Need any money?”
“Let me check?” I turned to Jack, “Do I need any money?”
“If you want”
I popped my head round the corner again
“Yeah”
My mom reached on the side then pulled her purse she looked in it for a while, I looked at her deep in thought, she had thick curly brown hair, a pointed nose that suited her face, defined lips and high cheek bones and rosy cheeks from being warm all the time – due to pregnancy, she was usually quite thin but she put a little weight on since she got pregnant , she craved quite a lot of different foods, her mouth was curved slightly so it always looked like she was smiling and her dark blue eyes were so kind.
“Ash?”
I shook my head to snap out of it “Yeah?”
“How much do you need?”
I turned back to Jack “How much do I need?”
“Ten dollars?”
I mooched back around the corner “Ten dollars?”
She pulled a ten dollar bill out of her purse then winced as the baby kicked; she held her side then smiled at me. I hadn’t once touched her since she told me. I moved closer, slowly to get the money; I sat next to her and looked at her bump, she watched me.
“May I?” I asked as I hovered my hand over my mom’s tummy
She smiled and nodded, I carefully lowered my hand onto her baby bump, and I stayed completely still, the baby moved, my hand retracted instinctively and I looked up at my mom.
"Sorry." I said as I took the money.

Later on after the long walk to the mall, Jack and I were drinking soda and talking about random , unlikely things that we wanted to happen and while he was in mid swing of talking about some girl he’d met with ‘great breasts’ it came up like vomit, word vomit, he was talking about all sorts of things, things he was going to do to her.

“How’s Wren?”
Jack took a sip from his can of soda, then went on speaking about the girl.
“Just, you haven’t mentioned her at all?”
He looked at a girl and tried to change the subject, “Look at the ass on that one” He sneakily pointed, one, the ass on that one, he obviously didn't think of girls and women as people, just some object.
“What’s happened Jack?”
He looked up at me, “12 o'clock, look at her, she’s hot…”
I slapped him quickly to get him to listen “Tell me!”
He looked at me shocked. His voice became deeper than usual and low, sort of upset, “She’s ill Ash.”
♠ ♠ ♠
03-01-12- It's not easy writing in an american boys prospective :') Thank you for reading :)
04-07-12- Okaya few more changes :')