Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 13: Crying huh? Haven't done that in a while.

“Get the fuck off! Creep! What’s wrong with you?! Listen ‘master’! I don’t care if you suffocate me! At least I had the nerve to even speak to you! You’re a curse on earth, and you should know that. Whatever ‘master’! Touch me, and I’ll bite your head off. Literally,” I snapped, throwing him to the side and dashing to the door, glancing back once and running for my life.
By the time I was at the end of the corridor, he didn’t seem to be chasing me. I heaved a sigh of relief and slumped to the ground, completely exhausted.
“What’s up?”
“Oh, nothing… Just some psychotic brother on the loose chasing me down forcing me to call him ‘master’,”
“Met my brother then?” I looked up, gasping and scuttling back on all fours. I could see the frown merge on his face. “Are you okay?”
“No! Of course I’m not! You know I’m not! I tried to kill you!”
“I can understand… please Marina,”
“No! I hate it! I’ve had it with you! You’re always so nice! You admitted to ME a crime YOU’VE done! I can’t take it!”
“Marina! I’m your counsellor! I’m meant to be!”
“So…If you weren’t my counsellor, what would you be? What would I be? Would you even talk to me?”
*SLAP* I coughed in shock. “Luke?”
“Marina, you’re annoying everyone now. I’ve had it with you getting in trouble, yes. I’ve had it that we always have to discuss your problems in your gift, yes. But that doesn’t mean I hate having you around. It’s fun, you’re someone I can relate to, someone who’s important, and the way you’re just throwing it out the window makes me feel as if there was no point in the start. Go ahead, cry and run away, but is that really you Marina? That’s something you have to decide,”
I rubbed the mark on my face and stared deep into his, tears threatening my eyes. He called me ‘important’. The healthy flush of red on my cheeks burned as I subconsciously replayed it in my head. “I-I’m sorry Luke b-but…” And I was off. Crying as I thought about what happened before.
I’d never really cried that much before. Not since father disappeared. One thing I didn’t know about Luke’s room was that he had a bed/sofa. Cool!
“Thank you Luke…” And I slept.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, this chapter is iffy. though, I'm half asleep and this is taking me days. Losing commitment.