Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 18: Everybody is gone

“Bye Marina!” Demetrius yelled, pecking me on the cheek and dashing off before I could beat him up. My face was faint red when I stepped foot into Luke’s room. To my utter surprise, he was sleeping! Gosh, his face was cute. I wanted to take him home as a teddy bear! I shuffled into the kitchen and started making breakfast; I had brought ingredients.
***
I could hear Luke yawning and him sniffing. “What’s that I smell?” He grumbled, staggering tiredly into the kitchen. I was wearing my school uniform, and a ‘kiss the cook’ apron; my brother’s. “Two-course meal of Ajo tortilla y chocolate parfait,”
“The food sound French, but what you just said was Spanish right?”
I blushed because he was right. “Leave me alone! Fine! You’re not getting any!”
“Mer…That’s unfair! I want some!” And to my surprise, he came over and startled wrestling me for a fight. Also to my (annoying) surprise, he beat me.
“Wow! This is really good Marina! Where did you learn to make stuff like this?”
“Hah? It’s as easy as pie you know? I think pie’s even harder! Just get eggs, crack ‘em, scramble them while adding one diced garlic clove, basil (Maybe parsley) milk and wa’la! You’ve got yourself an omelette! A teacher like you should know things like this,”
“Not my fault,”
“Whatever, what I wanted to ask you was why were you sleeping there in your pyjamas?”
“Been working all night, I have a spare case of pj’s here for emergencies,”
Understandable, and anyways, I got to see his cute adorable face that I bet pretty much no one else has seen!
“Okay, well you clean up your mess and I’ll finish it off, the bit you ate was luckily done,”
“Okay mother!”
I scowled at him and sent him off running. This felt better than going on any trip to anywhere in the world!
After he’d finished, I’d brought him his breakfast, and made 1 set just for me; I deserved it.
“Wow, I never eat such nice breakfast!”
“Why not?”
“I live by myself, so I have to get something on the way to work, no house maid either, Thanks Marina!”
“It’s not problem, I can always cook for you, ‘cause I can make lots of different things! My brother likes my vegetable risotto,”
“Bragging eh? Well thanks again! That gave me a good boost for the rest of the day!”
“Yeah, that’s good! Well, I’ll be doing my work here, hope you have a good day! I’ll make you something good for lunch if you’re not busy!”
“Nope, you better make it great!”
I smiled, and he dashed off, already changed out of his (cute and so adorable – Not good, think non-girly) pyjamas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, sorry again. But it's actually quite cute!
Thanks again!