Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 2

Walls were pasted with an obnoxious orange; I was guessing that through the choices he had made on how to decorate it, it was supposed to warm a calm, relaxing ‘lounge’ atmosphere. It was impressive that even though I had been here on multiple occasions, I had never really noticed the decorations that dazzled and caused most of the calm that washed over me whenever I stepped foot into the room. A conspiring set of cream sofas ambushed a well-polished wooden table. Breaking the banter, I sat my hind loosely onto the soft material and admired the photo frames that were dotted around the office. There seemed to be some of siblings and an old class photo? Perhaps I should check that one out later.
“Miss told me all about your little outburst Marina… you know how we all feel about those,”
“Well in my defence, I believe that I did the teacher a favour, Eve - ”
“Well that isn’t the point Marina. I’ve explained this time and time again. Teachers aren’t afraid of your physical punches – you’re more than ordinary and you breathe that,”
“You’re making a mountain out of a molehill – why do I have to monitor my actions when they can just believe in me?”
Sir Hawkins sighed. The things he said, I could understand where he was coming from – I always did since he understood me better than anyone here.
“Miss Drake, they’re afraid of you,”
That always frustrated me, it wasn’t fair. Not at all. My eyes locked onto anything that wasn’t the male teacher before me as I performed my stress-relief process. Deep breath in; out. I could hear the shuffling of his feet after a few moments of silence. Relaxing his body beside me, I stiffened in awkwardness.
“Well there are some good things I suppose,”
“Ah? Like what?”
“Your gift wasn’t exposed,”
“Oh geeze, thanks sir – that totally makes me feel better,” I sarcastically hissed. Though the most supportive teacher, he still had his job as first priority and that obviously, would hurt.
“Hey, I don’t get paid for making you feel better, I get paid for making you do the right thing,”
The subconscious action of rolling eyes expressed my heavy distaste for the moment. Perhaps I placed far too much trust in this teacher – that’s my mistake then.
Of course it is.
I refused to respond with anything more but my body language. It resulted in us both sitting in silence, though it wasn’t awkward – at least that’s not how it felt.
“It’s your last year of school, if you can survive, do well – then perhaps I could treat you to some delicious food – somewhere your brother just wouldn’t take you,”
Oh how sly…
He was blatanly conscious at the effect food had upon my mindset. I wouldn’t let him win so easily, so feigned ‘disinterest’.
“Tempting, but I’m not particularly interested,”
“Oh really? But you’ll get to have it with me,”
“Oh sounds even better, hah,” I sarcastically puffed, resting my chin upon the palm of my clammy hand – the temperature had risen I assume. It was evident that my face had turned a darker shade of blood. I noticed his larger hands pass me a fluffy pillow.
“What’s this for?”
“So that you can punch the frustration out into that – instead of using me or anyone else as a punch bag, you seem too stubborn to co-operate with food,”
With further anger than before, I hurled the house furniture immediately back at him. “Are we done yet sir? ‘Cause I’m getting pretty sick of you today,”
I assume he wasn’t expecting such a malicious response, because his frozen reaction allowed for me to shift my weight back onto my able feet. With a small whisper, I alerted him of my leaving.
However, it seemed that wasn’t the plan he wanted to experience. A small grip on the fabric of my school shirt, I felt the weight fall back onto the furniture.
“Alright fine. Sit down and I’ll stop playing dirty,”
That sounded worthy of my time and in fair efficiency, I paid him attention as we discussed methods on which I could limit my frustration; solutions to my aggression.
“Who would’ve thought something like my ‘gift’…” I lifted my fingers and created gentle, wavering flames in the air. I let them dance for a little while, displaying their beauty and my ability before speaking again. I shared a grin with Luke – the teacher’s first name. He had clean, flawless white hair that glimmered in the sunlight that peeked through the windows; eavesdropping on our conversation from outside; and sky eyes. His locks appeared to be natural – not fake, the roots were clearly that hue… it was a little bizarre yes, but when you had pyro-kinesis it was just a blip in the foundations of humanity. The tall slim build of his pushed down my arms, forcing the flame to disappear into the thin air.
By the end of the hour, I was fully cosy and had rendered the definition of the word from my behaviour. My legs rested neatly upon the table – until Luke had something to say about it.
“So is this how you behave in class? Get your legs off of my table – now,” He commanded in a voice I’d rarely heard until now; powerful and strict.
I shrugged before grounding my toes once again. With unbelievable hospitality skills, the teacher of authority handed me the warm china of tea.
“Well I best drink this and be going soon, you must have a class of English next right?” I queried whilst tapping my small finger against the cup in a fidgety manner. To my surprise, his fluffy hair bounced left and right as he shook his head.
“Then why are you in?
“Strangely enough, it’s because I had a hunch that you’d get in trouble today,”
My cheeks shifted in tone to a darker pink. “Well that wasn’t particularly clever since I would’ve been fine on my own,”
His hands appeared before his chest in an attempt to make me understand that it didn’t matter. “Don’t worry about it, I had work to catch up with still – now I’m clean for the weekend - until tomorrow that is,”
I couldn’t help but beam an honest smile. I appreciated his actions – that’s why I liked him too.
A gentle nod of appreciation and I finished the warm fluid swiftly. As my feet exited the threshold of that safe haven, I shifted my head slightly towards the room; I glanced at him through the corner of my eyes.
“Thank you,”
And before I could expect a response, I had vanished just as fast as the fire had before.
♠ ♠ ♠
(〃・ω・〃)ノ~☆

Thank you for tolerating me! I hope you're enjoying this tale much more than before - since it was dire last time.

Till next time!