Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 25: Miss Cooper? What is this?

I huddled into the library and searched around for Miss Cooper. She wasn’t anywhere to be seen. I enquired to a librarian and I was told that she had fallen ill. What was I to do? I needed to talk to her immediately. “Can I borrow a phone? I need to call her,” The librarian nodded and passed me a phone and slip of paper with a series of numbers written on it. I dialled the number onto the 1990-2000 type phone. “Hello? It’s me Marina. I’m sorry for calling you while you’re ill. Are you okay Miss Cooper?”
“Oh Marina! I’m getting better thanks for asking,” She whispered in a rather husky voice.
“That’s good to hear! Uhm…I needed to ask you urgently about that book you gave me. It’s freaking me out… I know you’re a teacher so you probably know about my condition…but when I accidently lit it, all this writing came on and I am positive I’ve never read that writing before and I just got every word!” I gradually started speaking faster.
“Calm down, calm down. Ignore it till I come back. I would have thought you would have known, okay? If it worries you too much, place it back into that book. But do not keep that watch. You need to understand what it id before you keep it okay? I have to take my medicine now, so goodbye,”
“Thank you Miss Cooper,” And the call ended. Almost as soon as the phone sat back in it’s clasp; I quickly pulled out the book from my pocket, secured the pocket watch in the back and threw it into the larger blue book. I heaved a sigh of relief, returned my due books and left the library.
“Mari! I was just about to come see you! Come on! Our class is going out for pizza, you have to get close to everyone! I bet you feel depressed when you’ve got no one to talk to,” Demetrius called, grabbing Marina’s arm and beginning to drag her back.
“Demetrius! I don’t want to hang out with some stupid bunch of people! I hate them, and I HATE you!” I screamed, swinging at his arm and shoving him viciously to the floor. “Do us all a favour, and stop talking to me!” And I stormed off down the corridor to gather my items from the classroom; aim is to get in and get out without being bothered by anyone. Especially Demetrius. He’d probably gotten off of the floor already and on his way back.
As I arrived, I shuddered at the sudden attention. I hurried over to my chair, searching around for my bag. Huh? Impossible! It’s missing?! I started to scan back my days routine. No. The only other place I could have dropped it was in the library, but I hadn’t even taken it there. Either I’m forgetting something…or somebody has taken it… Demetrius! Just as I thought his name, he stumbled into the room. I stomped over in rage, grabbing his collar and pulling it forward. “Where did you put my bag?!”
“B-bag?! I have no idea!”
“Don’t kid with me Demetrius. I want my bag and I want to go home. Give it back!”
“But Marina! I don’t have it!”
His tone… he was telling the truth? Lies…He couldn’t be could he? But…his voice just seemed so innocent. Un-intentionally, I let my hand go.
“You believe me? Thank you…”
“I don’t believe you…I just don’t think you took it…”
“That’s good Marina. You shouldn’t go accusing people of things they haven’t even committed…” That voice. I hated it. I felt sick of it. I wanted to hurl then and there. I turned towards the door. There stood people I never thought I’d see again. I dropped to the floor in shock. My eyes were wide with fear, pupils diluted till they’d almost disappeared. “You can’t be…” I whispered under my breath.
People had already left. I don’t know how they left or why, but it seemed like they didn’t want to. The only people in the room were me, Demetrius and the two people I hate the most.
Alexia and Alphonse silvercrest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah sorry I haven't been updating. REALLY BAD MOTIVATION and stuff. I'm writing again because I have ideas.