Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 6: Are you serious? Pah.

There I was; on the roof, staring up at the endless seam of clouds passing by. “What a dreary day…”I muttered to myself, wishing there was someone listening. “What did I do wrong? Was it wrong of me to pry into his business? Was he really that protective of it? Am I being blinded my curiosity again? What happens if another house burns down? Or a fire breaks out across the town? Who will save me then?” Thoughts chanted in my head as I began to realise, I’d broken into his privacy.”What drove me to wanting to know so much?”
“Love? Ever considered it?” A voice called, being wisped away by a gust of wind.
“Who are you?!” I flinched, pulling myself up instantly.
“I’m a matter of your conscience, Marina.”
“Weirder things have happened.” The mirror reflection of me nodded and came closer, sitting beside me and staring also, at the sky.
“It’s natural for a girl to feel like that. You know?”
“No I don’t know. That’s why you’re telling me now-“
“Play along would ya’?”
“All right. So love is driving me to know more? What am I in love with? Knowledge? Past history?”
“Luke. You’re in love with Luke.”
“Right. Pause. If I’m you and you’re me then why do you know this and I don’t? Wouldn’t I know because you’re me and I’m you?”
“Right, because I’m your conscience I understood that, but remember that I still might have trouble. I’m not an intergalactic space creature you know?”
“Offensive!”
“….Okay, moving along; you’re in love with Luke.”
“Hah?”
“Y-o-u-‘r-e”
“No I get that, but how? He’s 23, a teacher and probably got a girlfriend.” A faint shiver ran through my body.
“Ever asked him? Ever felt jealousy when we talk about this?”
“Al’ right. I get the dealy-o, but what do I do now? There is definitely something he is hiding, and I want to know because I’m positive it has relation to me.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.” And with the flick of a wrist, I left the roof feeling refreshed and on a mission.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY. It's bad again, though I like it.

Yeah, thanks for still sticking there.
GOD I NEVER READ THROUGH FOR MISTAKES OR IMPROVEMENTS.
I'm like a dinosaur on a rampage.