Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 8: Research

Not this book…Or this one. Hmmm. Books stacked and stacked; neatly piled on the shelves, but still no information about ‘my time’. Obviously it had to do with the past, but to my surprise, there was no record of there being ‘my time’ anywhere in the historical section. The word time came up so much that it was practically engraved into the front of my eyes. I slipped my phone out of my pocket as I left the library; ‘No Mobile Phones’. “Hello?” There was a response. “Hey! Miles! I’ve been meaning to ask you a question…”
“Like what?”
“Like…what does Luke mean by ‘my time’?”
“M-my time?! You don’t remember? Are you sure you really want to know what he means?”
“Yes. It’s been bugging me since he mentioned it! If it’s got to do with me, I want to know,”
“Do you remember the fire incident of 2007?”
Silence.
“Guessing you do. I’m sorry, but you asked and you really wanted to know. I know it’s not the best memory ever, but please; I’m sorry,”
“I-It’s alright Miles. I asked, but Luke said it would hurt me more than it hurt them?”
“You did time after that remember?”
“My time! That’s it! Thank you Miles!”
“I’m just happy you’re over it.”
I was just about to switch off the phone and end the call when I remembered:
“Hey, aren’t you meant to be at work?”
“Urh…”
“Sciving?! You’re a policeman!”
“Nah, I’m kidding! I have permission!”
“Good…See you later! Maybe…” I mumbled and ended the call. I breathed deeply just to stomp off back at the ‘crime scene’. Luke’s room again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, short sweet and bad. AGAIN. Yeah, I don't know where my story if going exactly. :3