Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 9: What's next?

“Luke! I-I know what ‘m-my time’ means! What’s that got to do with what you’re hiding?” I pleaded that he’d tell me. I know it probably would kill him to say and in return the same for me, but I had to know. This was the matter of my past, and without your past, you can’t have a present and without your present, you can’t have a future.
Luke turned to me, his eyes alone telling me he didn’t want to say, but the quiver in his lips made me think he would. It was a cute action, I had to say. He resembled a small child. “I’m not going to be able to stop you am I?” He queered his coat fluttering as he stepped towards me. I shook my head. The blonde sighed. “Okay Marina. I see you’re going to persevere. Though you won’t ever speak to me again if you know…”
“Why do I have to?!”
“Marina, you’ll hate me that much that you’ll do it on your own choice. Are you willing to risk that just to know?”
“…Yes.”
“Well…it begins with that ‘incident’…”
***
Screams echoed outside the building. It was burning. Burning. Everyone was panicking. The firemen were trying there best, but the flames were too strong. There were around 50 people in that building. Suddenly, silence. Only the sounds of the flames flickering remained. As the news reporters recorded to their content; people notice them and then, they noticed the girl sitting in the entrance of the building, completely unharmed. She was then instantly treated as an alien. “That girl isn’t being harmed!”
After the fire, the girl had been taken to hospital for any check ups. She seemed to be the only 1 out of 50 people died; 49 deaths. Nothing was wrong with her; she just seemed to be…frozen with shock. She was only the age of 12. Marina. “They’ve searched the house. There was absolutely no sign of a fire starting up like normal,”
“Yeah I know! I heard that girl has extraordinary…powers.”
“They say she’s the only possible remaining reason that the fire started and it explains why she wasn’t effected!”
There were voices muttering. Muttering about what Marina had ‘done’. They said it with such interest and anger.
She was only 12. They didn’t have any motives on her. The only things they had were her ‘gift’ and Marina not being effected by the fire. That was all. That wasn’t enough to have her sent to time or lessons or any other means of solution, but she was sent to years in prison. A girl at the age of 12?! That wasn’t a good enough reason. That moment, no one was there to back her up. She was completely alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah sorry. This story is really dragging on; It will do because it's my safe haven. So as long as I have things to tell, this story shall continue. Maybe. I might end up lazy and forget this ever existed.
Thanks again for sticking with me~