Bite Me

Chapter 5

I stared out the door after them, watching them and the almost complete set sun. I sat down on the steps in front of the apartment and watched.
Even though they were my best friends, hell my only friends. I could not open up to them. I couldn’t even show my mom my true feelings.
I look strong, independent, happy and ready for anything, but I’m not. I’m really scared, weak, and needing someone to help me.
I stood up and started walking. I didn’t care where I was going as long as I was not here. I walked until I heard sirens and flashing lights.
“Hey, what are you doing out this late?” I heard from the car.
I looked around and saw how dark it was.
“Sorry, I did not know how dark it was. My mind is not with me tonight. I’ll started heading home.” I said turning around.
“No, where do you live” I’ll take you home.” He said.
“Alright,” I got in to the car not wanting to fight.
I told him my address and we started to move.
“What’s on your mind?” he asked.
Hell, why not tell him? I thought to myself.
“Do you know the Dyan Walless case?” I asked staring out the window.
“Yea, we have not found her yet.” he said.
“Dyan is my mother. Now my guardian is one of her friends.” I said sadly.
He nodded as we turned into hell. We got out of the car and walked up to the apartment. The door opened before we got to it.
“Rose, where were you?” he asked from the door.
“Out away from you. I broke curfew like normal.” I said standing in front of him.
“Is that what you meant by bad rep?” he asked with a smile.
“Oh no I like to get to get into fights, and I once gave a guy a concoction with a garbage can.” I told him.
I pushed past him and said so only he could hear, “I’m not like you.”
“Rose,” the popo man called.
I turned around to listen.
“Be careful other police man might not let you go.” he said.
“I know, I know, thanks dude.” I said walking into the kitchen.
I heard them talking for a moment, then the door shut.
I opened the fridge to find something to eat. Not wanting to cook I grabbed some fruit and cut it up. I throw it into a bowl.
“Do I get to know your name?” I asked popping a grape into my mouth.
“Is there a reason you need to know?” he asked staring at me.
“What if someone asks me your name? Strange I live with a man and I don’t know his name. What would the popo think of this?” I said with a smile.
“It’s Austin.” he growled and stormed out of the room.
I walked to my room and on my way I saw him moping, or was he doing something else.
Oh, what do I care I have a report to write.