Status: On Hold (I'M SO SORRY)

While Listening to Rock and Roll

Chapter 8

We all piled into the truck after gathering the tents and sleeping bags. The four people who had been in the back had seemed to leave. John drove off, taking us all to a small diner. He parked and we all stumbled out. In the diner we pushed two tables together and settled down. A waitress walked up to take our drink order and the only word you could hear was:

"Coffee." She laughed.

"I'll be right back with 8 coffees. " and pranced off.

"How is she so cheerful?" Cara moaned.

"Well she didn't take 10 shots of tequila and then chug a beer." Anna replied. Cara nodded her head in agreement and closed her eyes, resting her head on her hands. I sat and sipped my water just trying to ignore the pounding. John was sitting so nonchalantly. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Yes?" he asked smiling.

"How are YOU so calm." I asked, wondering how his head didn't want to combust.

"I'm not sure. My headaches are only really bad right after I wake up and then they fade away. I got lucky."

"You got that right..." I was surprised that I hadn't puked yet. I spoke down to Delaney.

"Do you have any aspirin?" She sighed from relief.

"That's right!" Delaney pulled up her purse and took out a small baggy of red and blue pills.

As the bag ES being passed around our coffee arrived. We placed our orders for food. The array was strange. It went from regular cereal to tacos, everyone has different hangover food. We waited for the aspirin to set in so we were all quiet. Our food came and we started
chowing down. Garrett was the one who got the tacos, how weird...

"So John, where is our date tonight?" I asked him. He looked out of the corner of his eye at me.

"I'm not telling you!" He exclaimed, food still in his mouth. "Dates are supposed to be a surprise."

"Ok, sorry I asked." I laughed.

"You should be." He joked.

"It better be good, or I don't know what I'll do but, I'll do something. " He nodded his head.

"I will do the best as I can, just for you. I'm not much of a creative person though, so don't make your stakes too high." I scoffed, I think John could do anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finished our food and split the bill and headed back to Johns house. When we got back Aunt Jenny was upstairs cleaning and Uncle John was out back working on a car or something. Jack and Anna ditched us and said they were going to Jacks house. Garrett and Kennedy decided to stay with us. Downstairs we all just decided to put a movie in. Kennedy chose Twister, which was pretty out of nowhere but still a good movie. John and I sat on the couch as the other four gathered on the huge bed. The movie progressed and I found myself drifting off to sleep, John put his arm around me and I just seemed to fall asleep...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi!
I'm trying to update more and sigh I know this is a short chapter but I felt that it was finished!