The Truth Will Out

Chapter Seventeen.

Katerina ran. The hill was long and steep. But she ran. She ran til her legs burnt and her eyes watered.
Her breath was ragged and loud, but she had reached the top. She took off again towards the large, destructive tree.

But there was no sign of Harry or his friends. The tree was calm. 'They can't have gone under. It would be going mad if they had. And they don't know how to get under.' She thought as her eyes darted from the tree to the school that was sitting in the near distance.
She started running again. But this time she was heading towards the forest. They ha to be in there.

For almost 10 minutes she searched, but found nothing. Just as she was nearing the edge of the trees, she saw Severus Snape climbing into the small hole beneath the Whomping Willow.
"What the.." She whispered to herself as she followed him silently.

In the tunnel underneath the tree she followed him at a safe distance. She knew where they were heading.
The Shrieking Shack, she had been there many times.

She lost sight of Snape and assumed he had reached the shack. She had no idea what he was doing in there, but she intended to find out.
She stayed hidden from view as she continued to follow him.
Then she stopped.
She heard the voices, she climbed the stairs quietly, trying to hear them better.
She was just outside the door now. And she knew who was talking.
"Harry, Ron, Hermione, Severus, Remus and...." She whispered as each voice asserted itself.
"Sirius?" She whispered again.
She chanced a look around the corner and saw Snape pointing his wand directly in Sirius's face.
Katerina could not hold back. She leapt forward and pushed her wand out so that it was pointing at the back of Snape's head.
"Get your wand. Away from my husband. Now!" She seethed.
"Rini, no!" Snape whined.

He didn't lower his wand. But before Katerina could do anything, Harry had disarmed him and sent him flying across the room.
"Harry! You just attacked a teacher!" Hermione screamed.

But Katerina did not care about anything but the man in front of her. His Azkaban uniform was dirty and ripped, his hair was messy and unkempt. But he was still her Sirius.
"Kate, you look even more beautiful than I remember." He said, his eyes were brimming with tears.
"Sirius, you look bloody awful. Twelve years in a rotting cell will do that to you I suppose." She smile back, full of just as much emotion.

No more words were exchanged.
The force of the embrace was too powerful to speak through.
Twelve years of love and separation came out in that one minute.
Both were sobbing as they stood in the middle of the room, just holding each other.

"I missed you so much." He managed to say as they pulled apart. His hands now on her face.
"I missed you too." They just looked at each other. They had not seen each others faces in over a decade. It both their opinions, the others face was something to behold.
"You honestly think this man could kill someone in such cold blood? Look at him!" Remus shouted at Harry and the others. Katerina noticed at this moment that Ron's leg was bleeding rather badly.
"Oh my God! Ron are you alright?" She ran over to him but he cowered away from her.
"Get away from me! I trusted you and you're in league with that psychopath!" He screamed and pointed at Sirius.

Shocked and hurt, Katerina stood by Sirius. Now it was time. Time Harry and his friends knew the truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo new chapter!

Thanks for reading!

Comments are appreciated as always :)

xox Kate xox