The Truth Will Out

Chapter Five.

After Dumbledore explained why the Dementors were at Hogwarts and warned the students to stay away from them, he introduced the two new teachers on the staff.
Firstly of course, was Lupin. Whose name being announced earned an extra loud cheer from Katerina.
Then everyone was told the The Gamekeeper, a giant hairy man named Hagrid would be taking over the Care of Magical Creatures Class this year.
After the feast Katerina and Remus rushed over to Hagrid to congratulate him.
" 'Ello Rini! 'Ello Remus! He greeted them with a giant hug and stood proudly as Katerina called him 'Professor Hagrid' and bid farewell after saying well done. As they were walking past Harry and his friends Katerina reminded him that now term had started he had to call her Professor Potter again, just like he did every term.
Remus walked Katerina back to her office and bid her goodnight.

She hadn't had a chance to think about Sirius all day, she was too busy with Remus and Snape at first, the there was the feast, then talking to Hagrid.
That was until she was alone in her bedroom.
She wasn't even sure if she would have thought about him due to being extremely tired from the long day, but what was all over the floor of her room made sure she didn't forget him for another second.
There, on the creamy marble floor, were muddy footprints. No, paw prints. There was no way she could mistake them. She had cleaned ones identical to them many times.
They were the paw prints of Sirius Black, well his Animagus form anyway.
He ha been here.
The crumpled letter on her bed confirmed that.
As she unfolded the shabby looking parchment, her suspicions were confirmed even further.
They're was no mistaking his handwriting.
She couldn't help but shed a tear as she read the words on the page.

My Dearest Boots,
You have no idea how good it feels knowing that you're going to be reading this soon. Nor do you have any idea how difficult it was leaving this room before you returned. God, how I have missed you my darling. I hope beyond hope that you still have faith in me. I'll keep it short for now sweetheart, just remember that I love you. More than anything.
With all the love I could ever possibly posses,
Until the stars don't shine,
Your Padfoot.
P.s Sorry about the paw prints. I expect you're going to clout me for that.


Her hands shook whilst her eyes scanned the words over and over again.
He had really been here, in her room. And she had missed him.
Her husband, who she hadn't seen in twelve long, torturous years had been in the very room in which she stood mere hours before.
She rushed to her window hoping to see him run into the Forbidden Forest as his Animagus.
As she expected deep down, she saw nothing.
Deeply disappointed she changed into her night clothes and climbed into bed, completely forgetting to take Midnight to the Owlry.
Her sleep was full of dreams.
About Harry, Ron, Hermione, Remus, the school.
But most of all, about her Padfoot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a bloody roll here! Haha!

Comments are appreciated as always :)

xox Kate xox