Status: Active

Love is a Luxury

XXI

“Pst...” John whispered beside me from the couch. “Babe, get dressed.”

I swallowed the food in my mouth and looked over at him. “Why?”

“I have plans.”

“I swear, if you keep making plans without me, I’m going to punch you in the face.” My hormones were out of this world these days. I get irritated super easily, cry over everything, and I’m always tired.

“You’ll like this plan. I mean, I hope you will at least...”

“I have plans. I have a son to take care of and a huge jar of pickles that need to be eaten.”

“Mom will baby sit Colby for you, and you can bring the pickles with you. Please, baby?” He nudged up against me as he snuggled into my shoulder.

“You’re such an asshole. Fine.” I sighed and got up, grabbing my bowl first and setting it in the sink.

“I know,” I heard him call as I shut the door to the bedroom. I put on my jeans, and tucked the flaps inward because they didn’t button anymore and grabbed one of John’s t-shirts. I went to put on the ASU hoodie I’ve adopted as mine, but was more than disappointed when I couldn’t pull it over my belly. Out of no where came a wave of tears as I sat on the bed with the sweatshirt half way on.

“What’s a matter, baby?” John came in, sitting beside me and putting an arm around me.

“I can’t even wear this hoodie anymore,” I sobbed. He stroked my hair as I cried into his shoulder.

I finally stopped the stream of tears and wiped my face off. “Better?” I nodded. “Hold on,” he got up and dug through the closet. “Here,” he said, handing me his letter jacket from high school. “It’s a lot bigger than that hoodie, plus you don’t have to button it.”

I pulled the sweatshirt over my head and he helped me put the jacket on. I hugged him afterwards. “Go finish getting ready, okay?” I nodded and brushed my hair and washed my face.

I went back into the living room where my boys were. “Come on buddy,” John grabbed Colby’s hand and we all walked out of the door.

We drove the short distance to John's parents house and pulled into their driveway. “I’ll be right back,” John kissed me, and got out to get Colby out of the backseat, along with his bag.

Just as he had said, he was right back and we were heading into town. After a few turns, we ended up at some old parking garage. We parked just one level under the top and got out of the car.

“Jesus, John. This is some serial killer bullshit. Couldn’t you have just stabbed me to death at home instead of dragging me all the way here to kill me?” I asked. He laughed at me and we walked to the edge where we could look over a few buildings.

“I didn’t bring you here to kill you. This is 8123. And just like the song says, it means everything to me. You know, I’ve brought a lot of girls here,” I snapped my head around and shot daggers at him. “I know what you’re thinking,” he laughed. “This is different though. Although I’ve brought a lot of girls here, I want you to be the last.” He pulled a box out of his pocket and kneeled down. “So Olivia Lynn Painter, will you marry me?”

“You know, just cause that was kinda smooth, I guess I will,” I smiled at him as he got off of the ground and kissed me. He slipped the ring onto my finger. Just at that moment, we heard cheers as the boys came running down from the top level.

“How long have you been planning this for?”

“A week or two,” he admitted.

“You assholes!” I laughed as they hugged me. “I figured Shane or Garrett would have slipped and told me.”

“Not this time!” Shane wrapped his arms around me.

“Good job,” I complimented him at his ability to keep it a secret.

“So, when’s the wedding?” Ross asked. I looked down at my belly and back up at him.

“Not for a while,” I laughed.

“Dibs on flower girl!” Pat shouted, which made us all laugh.

“Oh my gosh, Pat! This means we can go dress shopping with each other!” I high-fived him.

“This is gonna be so much fun!” I laughed.

The boys drove the van down the van down to our level where they opened up a cooler and handed out beers while someone handed me a Pepsi.

The same boys I had celebrated me nineteenth birthday with were now celebrating my engagement and it’s needless to say it felt a little weird. In a couple of months, they’d be celebrating the birth of my child, and then after that, they’d be celebrating John’s and my marriage.

This was my family though. Almost like my home away from home. Other than Jimmie, Caleb, Serena, and my mom, I’ve never felt this close to anyone, and here we are now. Nine guys that I came to love in just a short amount of time.

I had only met Gibbs and Halvo once before now and it’s like we’ve known each other for months.

Shane and Ross had become my little brothers as close as we were. They’re always at the house, wanting me to cook or to get girl advice from me. It was like watching them grow up.

“Olivia,” Kennedy waved his hand in front of my face to stop my admiration of my second family. “You okay?” He leaned up beside me on the trunk of the car.

“Yeah, of course. Just still kinda in shock, ya know?” I said, twisting the ring on my finger. “John, you dumbass. You put the ring on the wrong hand!” I yelled at him, laughing while doing so.

“Nu-uh, it goes on the left!” He came over and stood in front of me.

“My left, darling, not yours.” He grabbed my hand and slid the ring off of my finger, then got back down on his knee.

“Damn you Olivia Lynn Painter for making me a better man by correcting me for my stupidity. Marry me, damnet,” I laughed at him and nodded my head as he put the ring back on me on my left hand.

This was the man I was going to be spending the rest of my life with, and I was as ready as ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, update on my life:

I WENT TO WARPED TOUR AND MET THE MAINE TWICE AND WAS FRONT ROW FOR THEIR SET AND IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER. HOLY FUCK, GUYS.

I've also started college, which isn't really that exciting, but still exciting at the same time.

I'm going to be trying to post more since I only go to the campus three times a week, and all of them are afternoon classes except for my lab on Friday.

Thank you all for sticking around with this story. Y'all really mean a lot to me.